• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good recipe. Look too small though :p

I go:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
1 scoop protein
add water to pancake consistency.

This makes 3-4 THICK pancakes about 6" diameter.

Add 250g of pumpkin if you really want to up the volume.

Can also add sf pudding mixes for flavouring etc.

What's a nice cottage cheese? All the stuff in Coles is too salty - I tried some on the cruise ship that was beautiful because it wasn't salty...

I only eat coles or woolies. Doesn't taste salty to me when mixed with any of my normal mixes. I just get them because they are good macros and cheap as. (and I eat a lot of it :))

What's a nice cottage cheese? All the stuff in Coles is too salty - I tried some on the cruise ship that was beautiful because it wasn't salty...

best one I've ever had and I use heaps of it is Elgaar Farm Organics 1% cottage cheese. Their yoghurt and quark are also great. Not the cheapest of course but really beautiful. Definitely NOT salty.

I only eat coles or woolies. Doesn't taste salty to me when mixed with any of my normal mixes. I just get them because they are good macros and cheap as. (and I eat a lot of it :))

lol ... :p

good recipe. Look too small though :p

I go:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
1 scoop protein
add water to pancake consistency.

This makes 3-4 THICK pancakes about 6" diameter.

Add 250g of pumpkin if you really want to up the volume.

Can also add sf pudding mixes for flavouring etc.

yeah that's the stuff ... I'm not posting mine..you know where they are LOL

For 4 - 6 inch pancakes

Ingredients:

2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 packet stevia sweetener
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Put all ingredients in a blender or magic bullet. Blend until smooth. Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle. Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter or pam spray. Cook for 2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with sugar free syrup (or any syrup of your choice) and fresh berries. A surprisingly satisfying substitute for the real thing. Tastes like skinny fried cheesecakes! Even if you aren't watching your carbs these are a delicious departure from the traditional doughy stack of pancakes. And you won't have the sleepy feeling that usually comes afterwards!
View attachment 2652

Low Carb Pancakes! Delish! I made them for dinner before my workout last night and have to share! Fantastico! ;)

these are lovely...almost like crepes. nice to roll up. That blog has some nice low carb recipes.

naughty BB ... be careful using the original author's pic and recipe without giving credit to her. She'd be rightly miffed. *voice of experience*
:)

yeah that's the stuff ... I'm not posting mine..you know where they are LOL

these are lovely...almost like crepes. nice to roll up. That blog has some nice low carb recipes.

naughty BB ... be careful using the original author's pic and recipe without giving credit to her. She'd be rightly miffed. *voice of experience*
:)

She linked it to me to post, all good :)

The woman is a maestro of low carb deliciousness, I watch her blog religiously :
Ibreatheimhungry.com (Mellissa Sevigny)

Best thing I've tasted in a longggggggg time :)

Loving these!
30g Carbs, 10g Protein
2012-04-11173952.jpg

more PB Heat is on noodles & chicken
2012+-+1

cheesecake cottage cheese & dark choc lindt ball
2012+-+1

choc macadamia brownie (actually only had half, bakery bought & was dry as! bleh)
2012+-+1

cabbage, chicken, salsa, cheese & cajun seasoning
2012+-+1

squats & deadlifts & bench press & cheese cake & ice cream & pop tart
2012+-+1

savoury bacon oats with PB&CO heat is on
2012%2B-%2B1

bacon/egg white cupcakes
2012%2B-%2B1

grilled barrimundi, chives potato mash & asparagus
2012%2B-%2B1

more blueberry cheesecake
2012%2B-%2B1

banana/cinnamon oats with almonds & lindt choc ball
2012%2B-%2B1

best one I've ever had and I use heaps of it is Elgaar Farm Organics 1% cottage cheese. Their yoghurt and quark are also great. Not the cheapest of course but really beautiful. Definitely NOT salty.

lol ... :p

My local f&v shop sells other Elgaar products, but not the cottage cheese. I prob should avoid it for now anyway - am trialling lactose free/low lactose. Seems to be helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.