• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bad few days..

Wednesday:

Banana + Milk + 15g WPC

Baked Beans + Apple

Assorted Sushi & Sashimi + Miso soup with tofu

4 and 5 don't count coz I vomited them both up

Milk + 30g WPC

Vegetables before passing out

And then Thursday I lost the plot completely and only had 3 meals.. Back on track today though :)

Ahhh 2nd can of tuna for the day. This stuff tastes like crap!! What's a good/cheap alternative?

Can't even finish this can coz I feel like I'm gonna spew again..

Last edited:
I always loved Bill Kazmaier's breakfast: "when I was world's strongest man, I ate 5 pounds of beef, 10 pounds of vegetables, and a gallon of beer or two, for breakfast". Outstanding!

My meal plan though wouldn't have satisfied the great Bill Kazmaier.

Breakfast (6:30am)
- Jumbo Purple shake (already posted elsewhere in this forum), consisting of

• 1 whole free range or barn laid egg
  • about 400 mls of skim milk
  • 3/4 cup egg whites (works out to be around 6 to 8 eggs worth)
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (to absorb cholesterol)
  • 1 banana
- 1 Berocca
- 2 Fish Oil caps

Mid-morning snack (9:00am):
- 25g almonds
- 2 cups of black tea

Lunch (midday):
- Large serve of raw mixed vegetables in 1 tablespoon of olive oil (usually consists of 10 or so snow peas, 1 large carrot, 1 capsicum, 4 or 5 mushrooms, and about 10 pitted kalamata olives. I fit as much in the plastic container until the lid shuts)
- 6 medium slices of chicken or turkey breast

Mid-afternoon snack (3:00pm):
- 120g tuna or a small wholemeal pasta salad with a napolitana sauce
- 1 orange

Workout 4:00pm. Post work out drink is a 400ml chocolate skim milk

Dinner (about 7:00pm)
What ever the wife or mother-in-law has prepared, or I invent something filling no more than one plate. Could be a wholemeal pasta dish, a large salad, a steak, or maybe two sandwiches. Whatever comes to hand.

Night time snack (usually get peckish again around 9:00pm):
- 6 water crackers topped with Bulgarian Fetta goats cheese
- A tall glass of milk

This may not sound like a lot of food, but I weigh 82.5kgs and am building muscle quite steadily. I'm the biggest (muscle wise) I've ever been, so this plan is working for me.

Ahhh 2nd can of tuna for the day. This stuff tastes like crap!! What's a good/cheap alternative?

Can't even finish this can coz I feel like I'm gonna spew again..

The ones form greenseas taste ok, i like chilli flavour.
A bit steep at $1 a can if you get them on special.

I go to aldi and get portview. 89c for 185g. or 1.80 for 425..

tastes like nothing, the cheap ones like home brand taste like cat food.

With this one I add a bit of avocado or chilli sauce and just smash it down, tastes fine.

Thanks for the tip :)

The stuff I've got at the moment is Sole Mare in olive oil. Was cheaper than all the other brands at Coles and read on here that it was good. Bought 7 cans... Never again.. :rolleyes:

The ones form greenseas taste ok, i like chilli flavour.
A bit steep at $1 a can if you get them on special.

I go to aldi and get portview. 89c for 185g. or 1.80 for 425..

tastes like nothing, the cheap ones like home brand taste like cat food.

With this one I add a bit of avocado or chilli sauce and just smash it down, tastes fine.
Does the Aldi brand come in Olive Oil?

after gym today i ate;
2 small steaks
a bit of bacon
an egg
1 slice of multigrain bread
protien shake

YUMMM!!!

post swimming -- had an amazing salad

salad:
- baby spinach
- tomatoes
- red onion
- carrot
- some parmesan cheese
- almonds
- avocado
- green capsicum
- 250g diced grilled chicken breast

all mixed up it tastes fantastic!

250g~ Lean Beef Mince seasoned with curry spices (turmeric/cumin/various peppers/cardomem etc.)
250g~ Sweet Potato
1x Packet mixed steamed Veg

LOL Jim I had a porterhouse too, but I had a salad with mine and it was closer to 400gms.
Smilecrunch.gif

I'm limiting red meat to once a day now.

LOL. yeah I know but I gotta limit the fat intake. Once per day is enough (for now). Trying to have more chicken, fish and eggs.
Also only green vegies (beans, broccoli), except once per day salad where I will have some tomato, onions, beetroot and shaved carrot.

Basically every day I eat the following:

7:00am - 4 x whole eggs (fried) with two slices of wholemeal toasted bread, a slice of cheese and a drop of bbq sauce. Eaten as a sandwich.

9:45am - Either a shake plus banana or a small can of tuna with extra virgin olive oil.

12:30pm - Coles salad with 425g tin of Solamare tuna (best tasting IMO) with olive oil. I eat this every day.

3:00pm - banana and raw almonds (just before workout)

4:30pm - afterworkout WPI shake

6:30pm - either 450g of lean porterhouse (or rump) steak with veggies or 450g of chicken stirfry with veggies and brown rice. I alternate sauces from week to week

9:00pm - Low fat cottage cheese (between 350g-500g). I'll usually eat a whole tub if I feel that I have not eaten enough during the day.

I usually nibble on almonds throughout the day, but my diet (as mentioned above) is far from perfect but having said that, I have achieved huge gains in the past 3-4 months...

Last edited:
New diet;

#1 - 3 whole eggs fried, 2 slices wholegrain bread, 1 scoops WPI, 300mL lite milk
#2 - 200gm chicken breast, cos lettuce, tomato, avacado, bacon, low-fat caeser dressing
#3 - (Pre Workout) - 1.5 scoops WPI, 1 cup oats, 300mL lite milk
#4 - (Post Workout) - 1.5 scoops WPI, 1 banana, 1tsp honey, 1tsp natural peanut butter, 300mL lite milk, 1tsp creatine in water
#5 - 185gm tuna in springwater, sweet potato mash OR peas/carrot/corn
#6 - 1 scoop WPI, 300mL lite milk

That's for training days, on non-training days I won't have the pre/post workout shakes and just have some tuna or whatever I have lying around. Also have snacks in between meals, apple, cashews, museli bar etc.

Why are you guys eating bread, wholegrain or not?

Look at the ingredients and tell me you need that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.