• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
blurry wedding bbq dinner
20140906_184314.jpg

choc/peanut oats with frozen banana, ice cream and maple syrup
IMG_20140906_072519.jpg

soy and garlic chicken and broccoli
IMG_20140905_192941.jpg

Cookies and Cream protein cheesecake
20140907_144253.jpg

strawberry protein fluff
20140907_172822.jpg

I had meat free Monday last night, made a garlic honey soy stir fry with almonds:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410225722.465870.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410225877.756442.jpg

Then the lady decided to join me in the kitchen and cook up some cookies for the kids - that didn't end so well [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410226396.199412.jpg

That lot made a nice addition to the garbage bin after the smoke cleared. The next lot turned out much better...

Maybe you shouldn't distract your lady while she's baking Big Mac ;)

I did nothing of the sort... Apparently she got distracted watching The Block. I found that hard to believe, Luckily for me I do the majority of the cooking at my place.

Trying out Quinoa to see if there's any truth to the ecdydesterone thing. Its pretty expensive but might be worth the money.

These and subsequent studies showed a wide range of effects, most of them being beneficial for the organism (e.g. hypoglycaemic, hypocholesterolaemic, anabolic).
Practical uses for ecdysteroids in mammals including humans: an update

If you eat 50 g quinoa from a health food shop you'll probably ingest 15-20 mg 20-hydroxyecdysone. That's more than the recommended daily dose that some ecdysteroid supplements contain. French chemists analysed samples of quinoa and found they contained high amounts of ecdysteroids.
Quinoa's bursting with ecdysteroids

Cost me 9 bucks for 500 grams...

LOL at the cookies [MENTION=14860]Mackie[/MENTION]; seems to happen to me with cookies everytime too.

condensed milk sticky rice, strawberries and skinny cap
20140911_082419.jpg

chicken and ham pita
20140911_135502.jpg

S&P calamari and baked potato chips
20140911_192322.jpg

ice cream and choco balls cereal
20140911_201352.jpg

I tried it a little while ago as a replacement for oats with yoghurt. It didn't sit right with me at all. It's like I could feel it in my throat all day and felt like I had consumed a 1kg of it where it was only half a cup.

Btw how much are you having per serve and how are you cooking it?

Was going to have it as a replacement for rice - cook in in a sauce pan - 1 cup Quinoa/2 cups water - just like cooking rice.
I tried cooking it last night. Microwaved for 3 mins with light milk and flavoured with dates. Turned out like porridge, wasn't bad. I'm planning on eating 500 grams (200mg of 20-hydroxyecdestone) per day for a few weeks, 100g serves.

In terms of its ecdysterone I'm a bit dubious, mammalian steroids are inactivated in the liver so its likely the same will happen. When they did tests on rats (injection) the muscular growth was localized to the muscle injected so its half life is probably really low even if it gets past the liver ok. Worth a shot though, it has other decent health benefits.

guys, if cooking quinoa, make sure you rinse it really well under cold running water first.
The outer coating is rich in saponins which are extremely bitter. You need to rinse it well pre cooking :)

Yes, cook like rice. Takes 15 minutes of boiling time, exactly.

guys, if cooking quinoa, make sure you rinse it really well under cold running water first.
The outer coating is rich in saponins which are extremely bitter. You need to rinse it well pre cooking :)

Yes, cook like rice. Takes 15 minutes of boiling time, exactly.

the best way to cook quinoa by far is;

boil the jug. if using 1 cup quinoa use 1.5 cups of boiling water;
put together in a pot on high heat until it boils again for a few seconds, then turn to low (my stove i use 8 out of 10 for high and turn it to 3 for low)
** and cover the pot with foil or a lid **
it will take 15 minutes from now. at 1/2 time, take lid off (or foil that you seal over the top) and sturr, then replace.

sturr again after the full 15 and your ready to rock, thats how you cook quinoa.

edit: you do not boil quinoa for 15 minutes
OLspbma.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.