• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Jesus,

Big Con is my new idol. Aussie, legit body, seems like a cool guy (not sure what's with his gay photos lol) and i really dig his physique. This is what I am aiming for !

201107-22Con3weeks.jpg

x 2 mate...cant really stand with the big boys but fuarrrrk hes got a good look! would kill for that shape!

Lol thats exactly why I have held off on competing. I would have to go Novice eg (guys upto 40 never having competed )

You could do well as a teenager bro, with crisp conditioning, your mass right now is good enough to place very well at an INBA show.

The teens there last year weren't anything special. I think you should hit it man.

we will see after i get to 10% which seems to be taking a while... maybe next year when i turn 19 i could compete

you would still be juniors i am pretty sure, thats up until 21.

you will get there mate, persevere. I honestly think with another year of solid training under your belt and with the right conditioning you could annihilate the competition at your age.

so juniors is 12-21? no teens division? I don't want to rush it and compete next year with not enough mass like I see a lot of other people. I would compete to place near the top. I honestly think I don't have enough now mass now to compete, im close to 14% at 78.5kg. Too many areas that are lagging, lats mainly.

Teens are from whatever age you are on Jan 1st - i.e if I was 19 on Jan 1st but turned 20 on Jan 2nd I could compete as a teen all that year....

If that makes sense :p

Teenage is 19 and under from Jan 1st
Junior is 21 and under from Jan 1st

Yeh fair enough mate, you have to be completely satisfied with the package that you bring. I think you have a fair shot anyway

cheers guys. In that case I would compete at 20-21 :) Natty of course.:cool:

Ill work hard over the next few years. I wish i had someone to push me though, none of my friends want to train with me.

Jchen, tbh bro if i was to diet down to 5% or so i would be under 70kg and the lats would be way to small to win.

cheers guys. In that case I would compete at 20-21 :) Natty of course.:cool:

Ill work hard over the next few years. I wish i had someone to push me though, none of my friends want to train with me.

Jchen, tbh bro if i was to diet down to 5% or so i would be under 70kg and the lats would be way to small to win.

Mate you'll find most teens and jr's compete at anywhere from 60-80kgs - not many are bigger than that!

Never worry about your weight when your competing...condition alot of the time is what wins these INBA/natrual comps...over size...

Mate you'll find most teens and jr's compete at anywhere from 60-80kgs - not many are bigger than that!

Never worry about your weight when your competing...condition alot of the time is what wins these INBA/natrual comps...over size...

This.

From the teens to juniors, to novice, conditioning prevailed on every occasion.

Clocked in at 90 for my first two comps lol (could have dropped another kilo or two though), as you said, it was all about condition. While my condition was good there were under 50kg guys who were born shredded winning.

Just worry about being razor sharp and having good balanced muscular development. Even more so, get your feet wet, get up on stage at a local comp and see if you enjoy it and learn what works for your body.

Clocked in at 90 for my first two comps lol (could have dropped another kilo or two though), as you said, it was all about condition. While my condition was good there were under 50kg guys who were born shredded winning.

Just worry about being razor sharp and having good balanced muscular development. Even more so, get your feet wet, get up on stage at a local comp and see if you enjoy it and learn what works for your body.

How tall are you mate?? thats a good weight! Who did you compete with?

I have a mate who is about 6'2 and he competes around 90kgs...has won local shows...

How tall are you mate?? thats a good weight! Who did you compete with?

I have a mate who is about 6'2 and he competes around 90kgs...has won local shows...

Bought the same height, competed with ANB. A good portion of it is just being heavy/dense/lead bones, rather than muscle mass.

This is from my first comp, 2009.
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn350/b_dids/NewcastleClassic130920091.png
The little dude on the far left won, as you can sorta see he was shredded, whereas i was just lean.
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn350/b_dids/NewcastleClassic130920091.png
And this was 2010, second crack at competing...
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn350/b_dids/PA160401.jpg
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn350/b_dids/PA160415.jpg
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn350/b_dids/PA160405.jpg
And one from backstage, without all the lights and fucking oil.
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn350/b_dids/P1000344.jpg

This was all from before i learnt to truly train properly and was caught up in all the typical BB splits from magazines and shit, before any sort of basic strength orientated barbell training. I had a substantial deadlift, but my squat was pathetic (still is haha).

You should deffinatly have a crack at a local comp "buddy". It sounds like you've got way more of an idea than i did at your age.

Oh yeah, 18/19 (18 at beginning of the year) at the first comp, 19/20 (19 at the begining of the year) at the second.