• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Phenomenal Fullness!

it comes down to, when you sex for example you squatted 60kg, is that 60kg worth of plates (no mention of the bar's weight) or is it 60kg including the bar's weight. Bar's weigh different amounts, if your bar weighed 10kg or 20kg, it would mean different weights moved

OK...that clears it up :eek:

I think much the same about Tom Platz, but if I commented every time someone put up pictures of an obvious steroid abuser I would not have time to make any other comments.
I was not singling you out Kyle; my comment was made in general.

The thing is that the general public don't make the distinction. They just get put off training and don't want to know any more than that..
If someone wants to get put off before asking a question or getting some form of clarification on the subject, then that is really their problem and misfortune. There are people who would be put off if they knew what religion I belong to Kyle, thinking that I might blow myself up and take them with me any moment now! What do you do?!

There was a time when I used to feel sorry for people; that stopped back in 1995. When some members of the general public decided to let themselves go with excess weight and lack of fitness; they did it all by themselves without anyone putting a gun to their heads. They would have absolutely no right to continue with their wrong ways based on the look of a steroids abuser as you've put it. I mean this level of argument can be taken and used on many people in our society; people who would not take the imitative to get off their back side simply because they feel they can blame their own wrong doings on someone else's successful achievements.

If the person gets to a trainer of some kind there's no problem, any misconceptions they have haven't stopped them. I'm saying that the misconceptions stop most people ever actually training, or getting to a trainer. Once they're inside the nice restaurant it no longer matters that there's a nasty one next door - but the nasty one stops many people from going to the nice one..
My argument is still the same here Kyle. There are people who have misconceptions about Muslim, Jews, atheists, and Indians and even Aussies just to give an example. What do we do? Do we start some form of an educational program so as to get rid of these misconceptions some ignorant people have? Wouldn't you think it would be fairer on everybody if everyone carried their own responsibilities and stopped blaming others for their predicaments? The young and the "old" here on Ausbb have taken the initiative to be educated and have taken the first step by asking a question and opening up a discussion. I say BRAVO to everyone here who has done that!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Are you still into the bodybuilding stuff Fadi or are you getting back into your Olympic Lifting?
If you meant bodybuilding training, then the answer is most definitely not. There's simply no time or purpose for anything bodybuilding now Josh. However I do take advantage of selected "bodybuilding" supplements to boost my training and recovery.

Having said that, I'm thinking of taking bodybuilding up again when I turn 50 in 5 years time. It's much much easier on the joints than Olympic weightlifting is for someone my age. I think this time round I'd like to take my legs to a "small" 30 or so inches at 164cm (5,4")! We'll see what happens...

Fadi.

gosh mate...your 2cm' taller than me & you have some serious qualifications behind you! You're an elite member here @ ausbb