• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Phenomenal Fullness!

Dam, i did not know that Stoitsov was on the gear. Did he get caught while competing?

You know what phenomenol fullness is?

500ml milk, 150gm cottage cheese, 3 eggs, 1/4 chicken, 750ml water. for an afternoon feed :p

Toasted, most elite Olympic lifters and Powerlifters are on gear. They are still getting caught.

Like Andy said, its infiltrated most sports.

Lets not worry about it, sit back and enjoy the spectacle. I really dont want to see guys running the hundred in mid 10's.

that guy is a monster, I love it

it wwould probably be similar (if not obviously a lot) greater than what it is now. When it comes to elite / olympic athletes i feel certain most (please don't read all) would have dabbled in some...ergonomic aids at some point of their career, if anything their current users of these tools. Sure they get tested. Lets be honest tho, for every person putting together a test, there's 3 people working a way around it.

The olympics would suck without gear. Records would be rarely beat, companies wouldn't get promoted, athletes would have to have a normal job like the rest of us, countries would have to settle with their normal tourisim campaign stuff...

I remember putting Tom Platz up at one time but the response there and then was certainly different and full of admiration about the giant legged legend. So does anyone here see any difference between this man and say Arnold or anyone else that has gone before him?
I think much the same about Tom Platz, but if I commented every time someone put up pictures of an obvious steroid abuser I would not have time to make any other comments.
I have a somewhat different view from you there Kyle. This man and many men like him are bodybuilders; they are not weight trainers or fitness seekers.
The thing is that the general public don't make the distinction. They just get put off training and don't want to know any more than that. It's like having one restaurant be obviously filthy while the one next door is spotless. Yes, they're different restaurants - but if people have to walk past the filthy restaurant they never get to the nice one.
the responsibility in this case may fall on the shoulders of a PT such as your good self to educate the ignorant about the difference between bodybuilding and weight training.
If the person gets to a trainer of some kind there's no problem, any misconceptions they have haven't stopped them. I'm saying that the misconceptions stop most people ever actually training, or getting to a trainer. Once they're inside the nice restaurant it no longer matters that there's a nasty one next door - but the nasty one stops many people from going to the nice one.
PowerBuilder said:
The olympics would suck without gear. Records would be rarely beat, companies wouldn't get promoted, athletes would have to have a normal job like the rest of us, countries would have to settle with their normal tourisim campaign stuff...
So races and hammer throws and the rest are only interesting because people set world records? Why then are games like soccer so popular? Does the World Cup final match have to be won by more goals than any soccer match before to be interesting?

You don't win and get admired for being the best ever, just for being the best on the day.

Some good sentiments in the above post Kyle.

I'm much like you. I am not a fan of guys that look like this. It is certainly over the top and above the levels of which a natural athlete can achieve. Though that is not the point of this thread (steroid use/abuse), the point that Fadi wanted to achieve was simply how massive his arms are, and they are STUPIDLY massive. :)

Are you still into the bodybuilding stuff Fadi or are you getting back into your Olympic Lifting?

i wuold safely say 90% of the athletes are on some sort of gear. Ive spoken to a competitive 100/200m runner who can run low 11's/12secs and he is on all sorts of gear during the offseason. there is a new GH going around that doesne act like one. All it does it boosts your natural test level but doesnt have the nasty side effects. Very hard to trace i would say. People cant obviuosly believe that the guys running sub 10's are "natural"

I also would like to see a olympics with all the gear restrictions taken out and see how fast/high a peak human being can perform. People watch the olympics for records to be broke (not the primary reason).

Ok. Sure some people tune into the olympics to watch people compete, man against man, woman against woman. Country verse country. Man against the iron, man against the track & all that cool stuff. Which i admit, i do like to see people compete..maybe i'm just sick & sadistic...but i really enjoy watching the boxing for example...to see two people fighting out to be the best!!

Sports such as hockey, soccer...team sports are liekd because people who like those sports..tune in. It's also likely that those athletes have parteken in shall we say...ergonomical aids. Which i'll say that i have no problem with at all. I'd love to have a more...open minded approach to sporting events such as these. Imagine if there was a more relaxed approach for when it came to weightlifting! the 100m sprting! Long jump! Triathalon!

We've covered gear a lot (about how quite a few people here think its cheating). As discussed earlier, it doesn't take you past your genetic potential, it merely takes you to the extent that your able to fully fulfil it. Me for example will never be able to bench press 300kg. I'm just not built to do it. But with the help of additional hormones, diet, proper training & the like, I'd come a lot closer to it than if i was to stick with a bit of creatine & glutamine.

No need.

You can get the same experience banging your head against a brick wall for an hour then chasing pidgeons in a park with your t-shirt over your head.

Painful and an exercise in futility.

No need.

You can get the same experience banging your head against a brick wall for an hour then chasing pidgeons in a park with your t-shirt over your head.

Painful and an exercise in futility.

aw c'mon...I love reading internet arguments...I've done a search with no luck...assume it got nuked at some stage...

it comes down to, when you sex for example you squatted 60kg, is that 60kg worth of plates (no mention of the bar's weight) or is it 60kg including the bar's weight. Bar's weigh different amounts, if your bar weighed 10kg or 20kg, it would mean different weights moved

it comes down to, when you sex for example you squatted 60kg, is that 60kg worth of plates (no mention of the bar's weight) or is it 60kg including the bar's weight. Bar's weigh different amounts, if your bar weighed 10kg or 20kg, it would mean different weights moved