• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pervs in the Gym

Honestly, do not know a single other female that does weights other than Body Pump. All carry on about bulking up. Most don't even exercise. Then they pop out their first kiddie and realise that they have turned into fat blimps.

Unfair stereotype! My wife has had a kid (two years old) and she is a gym junkie, she also knows several girls at the gym who have had children.

Agree with that, but I'm talking about the 'naturally slim' women who chug booze and take out in their early 20s, tone up for their wedding only to return to their old ways and then get pregnant. Once bub pops out they suddenly wonder why they are out of shape.

I have worked in women's gym and have to say I am a tad ashamed of much of the female population. Think if you walk on the treadmill for 30mins while reading a magazine and then head for coffee and cake you should miraculously catch a fit body. All I used to hear all day was 'I don't do weights because they hurt' or 'my husband won't like it if I bulk up'. And don't get me started on yoga and pilates.

All I used to hear all day was 'I don't do weights because they hurt' or 'my husband won't like it if I bulk up'. And don't get me started on yoga and pilates.
How do you get women to change their mindset on this? I've been trying for years at the gym and with friends but 99% of the time I cannot seem to get these women to follow a fat loss routine based around weight training. Most cannot get around the "eat salad, do cardio" frame of mind.
I GIVE UP.:mad:

Worst are the hard core spin class people. Don't ever put up the resistance, spin their little legs like crazy, but never get the toned look they want or lose the belly. Even when I have personally spoken to women about how I lost over 20kg with weights, they say 'that's nice, but won't you start to look like one of those body builders?'.

Women just don't get that they don't have the hormones.

A lot of girls do do 'pump', and the ones that go regularly look great. When I first started reading this forum I remember some bloke said "I want to start lifting weights but I don't want to get too big", the answer was a classic "don't worry, you won't"

If more women started working out then it would put pressure on all women to workout they r smart not to really.

You are right again, kindred! Rather than look good through diet and weight training they should concentrate on eating disorders and cigarettes ;-)

My ex once told me i should take up heroin to lose weight. Maybe she was the new guru of weight lose... or she wanted me to die either or really...

No comment ;-)

But for weight loss amphetamines are very effective, in less regulated countries like India they are used over-the-counter.

Does this thread have anything to do with what originally started it anymore (Other than the fact that all the blokes commenting in this thread are purvs in the gym)?

Seems like th OP has left us...

Maybe we scared her away.
Going by this post she was never intending to stay long anyway.

The hulk

If you got to my website RubixcubeXXXadventures .com for a low cost of just $29.95 a month you can get all the pictures that you want lol

I'm no supermodel i do have some good curves but i would be average compared to some of the ladies out there

I have been thinking about joining a female gym so i might look further into it
She's no supermodel, she's average but still has the hide to charge $29.95/month hahahahahahahahaha:eek:

Sorta on this topic, have been given some 'roids for a hideous allergic reaction all over my face and neck. Always wondered if your standard doctor prescribed steroids would make any difference. Yet I will never know- rash means I can't get warm and certainly can't sweat. Sigh...

I'm on 50mg prednisone a day (2x25 doses) and a cortisone cream that I can only apply once a day. Strictly limited to 5 days then take a break. Apparently have to be careful because its my face (fair enough, don't want to be scarred for life). Still not clear, have another cycle and if that doesn't work, a cortisone injection.

All from some cheap crappy face mask that has left me looking like a circus freak. The no exercise is killing me.

hot-girl-gym-exercise.jpg