• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Personal Trainer advice

Her PT is obviously going a little bro style as most PTs do but that does not mean it won't get her results it just may mean she picks up some stupid habits and poor information. She may need a different approach. Just leave it and see if your girlfriend responds to a different approach. Otherwise go out and find a good PT in you area and get her to see them.

Another update,

PT dosent want her doing any weights ect untill she gets the basics down, Constant good eating and cardio to start with before anything else.

Another thing i found was silly,

she said its not good to do the same program, Eg the BB beginers in relation to mucle memory ect ect.

My argument was adding weight and intensity each week is more then enough change.

common sense if you stay at the same weight and rest time nothing will change.

actually, if she's very unfit or needs to lose some weight, starting off with some basic changes isn't such a bad idea. We can sometimes lose perspective when already so used to training. Let her take one thing at a time.
I did the same (although I need to put on weight). years ago, I started just getting basic fitness on track and eating right and looking at what injuries or imbalances I had. One step at a time and I stuck to it and made real progress.

when you said she went to a PT i was like
tCp90.gif