• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA raw Nationals - Melbourne

Just noticed that Matt Middleton is also in the 93kg. Will be a very interesting battle between him and Scott Hill.

One of the other 93kg guys (a Russian or EE fella with a heavy accent) is also pretty strong. I saw him train bench at Melb Uni the other week and he was repping 165kg.

And the legendary Wim is lifting in the 105!!! :D

With Nathan Baxter in the SHW.

Glad to see the strong are taking up raw.

That's my friend and he is from Latvia. As much as I'd like to say otherwise, his touch and go max is 165kg - he should be good for something over 150kg. Looking forward to the competition.

lifter numbers
59 - 2
66 - 2
74 - 5
83 - 7
93 - 11
105 - 11
120 - 3
Super - 3

First time I've seen that all classes have competition, considering queensland has a raw comp the next day, next year should be ever stronger numbers

Looking forward to this, should be some big benches, squats and deadlifts. Damien Williams in the bench only is one to watch, last December he did 190kg at 93.

lifter numbers
59 - 2
66 - 2
74 - 5
83 - 7
93 - 11
105 - 11
120 - 3
Super - 3

First time I've seen that all classes have competition, considering queensland has a raw comp the next day, next year should be ever stronger numbers

Looking forward to this, should be some big benches, squats and deadlifts. Damien Williams in the bench only is one to watch, last December he did 190kg at 93.
Baxter will put up a huge bench.

5 more days. Now to make weight... hate that process!

Spritcha, what happened to the Mighty Angus? I saw in Wilks' email today that he's out?

spartacus

Powerlifting Australia will trial live streaming from the first Australian Raw Powerlifting Championships on Saturday March 26th!

The 105kg+ categories and medals ceremonies will be streamed live. To follow the action all you have to do is click the link below at 5.30pm on Saturday March 26th:

powerliftingaustralia on Justin.tv

He has a sore knee. He wanted to lift, but I said no- PL is just a side-hobby- no point risking injury.

5 more days. Now to make weight... hate that process!

Spritcha, what happened to the Mighty Angus? I saw in Wilks' email today that he's out?

I just read that talc is not allowed to be used at the venue.....

I believe that the facility is primarily a weightlifting facility and there was some issue with talc being used at the melb open last year.. Ever since i believe..
Should be interesting to see how if at all it effects the deadlifts..

Isn't the venue a weightlifting stadium? Surely talc doesn't nature any more mess than chalk? (I've never used it so I wouldn't know.)

Apply talc outside before you lift. The platform is near a door. Inconvenient though.
no- the rule is no talc whatsoever- if you apply talc anywhere you will be disqualified.
Its a condition that was set by the weightlifters. No talc at all in the venue (not on legs, not on the floor, not anywhere).

Last edited: