• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA raw Nationals - Melbourne

Matt is doing them
Dunno if Ann and Dimi are yet?

anyone that wants to do them let me know
rego closes the 6th or the 5th of March I think

it will be the only time with a low qualifying total

I'll be helping run the Titan booth and giving out as much Total Science protein as I possibly can. Good luck to all the competitors!

Nathan Baxter is doing the raw bench then the equipped bench the next day.
MacManus is doing the raw comp, as is Dave Jame. I understand a former world junior medalist is making a comeback also. My training partner Joel is lifting, so is my son Angus.
Will the mighty Minh be showing us all how to bench?

Nathan Baxter is doing the raw bench then the equipped bench the next day.
MacManus is doing the raw comp, as is Dave Jame. I understand a former world junior medalist is making a comeback also. My training partner Joel is lifting, so is my son Angus.
Will the mighty Minh be showing us all how to bench?

Really looking forward to seeing Nathan Baxter and David Jame lift, heard lots about Nathan and was blown away by some recent footage i saw of David Jame.

And.. of course I'll be there cheering for Spritcha's young fella.

Can't wait.

Scott Hill is lifting in the 93kg raw. He's one very strong man! Got a 242.5 raw squat and 182.5 raw bench a couple months ago.

Nghiep Luu is also lifting raw at 66kg. IIRC he just did 230kg deadlift for 3x5 in training. It's still below his best but he's just getting back into it.

might bench
not sure SP
you doing it?

no point doing it unless i go for the 180plus

ill be ready in June, but wrist is playing up

might bench
not sure SP
you doing it?

no point doing it unless i go for the 180plus

ill be ready in June, but wrist is playing up
Sounds like 180+ is ready to fall.
I'm not doing raw nats. Thought about it, but I haven't put in the training, so I'm reffing a session and helping out for the others. I think I will do the Melb Open the day after, but just knee wraps and belt and possibly pathetic.

A bit off-topic but PA related, how long does it usually take to get your membership application processed for PA? I sent mine in last Monday but I need the membership number to register for the QLD Opens.

I'm lifting in my first comp back from injury and new-baby break from training.

There are a bit over 50 registered lifters plus another 10 bench only lifters and a guest paralympic powerlifter. Great to see the interest shown in the new-to-PA raw format, especially considering the short qualification period and the fact there's an equipped comp the next day. Shaping up to be a great day with some interesting battles in the 93s, 105s and 120s especially. Hope to see many of you there.:)

Last edited:
Just noticed that Matt Middleton is also in the 93kg. Will be a very interesting battle between him and Scott Hill.

One of the other 93kg guys (a Russian or EE fella with a heavy accent) is also pretty strong. I saw him train bench at Melb Uni the other week and he was repping 165kg.

And the legendary Wim is lifting in the 105!!! :D

With Nathan Baxter in the SHW.

Glad to see the strong are taking up raw.

Last edited: