• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Origin

He's the thing. QLD forwards bent the line most of the first half. Is Tamou missed that much? Or was QLD just that much better (I find hard to believe)

I think it might have been the latter only for the former. the damage was done and it left NSW in tatters.

Other big difference was the QLD backs looking to use the ball more

I think Fifita was a standout for the blues this match.

Qld were the far better team tonight don't get me wrong... But they got a leg up early on with a few suspect calls which gave them all the momentum on top of what they already had.

I agree, and the way you've called it is fair unlike some that will probably use it as the excuse :)

I think it might have been the latter only for the former. the damage was done and it left NSW in tatters.

Other big difference was the QLD backs looking to use the ball more

I think Fifita was a standout for the blues this match.

Yep he was awesome has been in both games so far.. I think Reynolds offers nothing off the bench his dummy half passing is terrible.

Very suspect calls in the first half. But QLD seemed better overall anyway.

The NRL got what they wanted. A decider. There was actually no possible way for NSW to win that one :p

Tim.

QLD dominated this game and if acouple of passes/kicks had gone to hand they could of put 40+ points on them - NSW were soft last night - they did not step upto the biggest game for them in 7 years. QLD showed them how it was done and showed them how to finish a side - NSW in the 1st game were dominating (more due to QLD playing poorly) but they could not finish and let the foot off the gas.

Even if NSW improve for the 3rd game - if QLD play like they did last night then I cant see NSW beating them.

Any player in the QLD side could of got man of the match last night.

Cant wait to see more of Josh Papalii he was very solid and did not look out of place - such huge wraps on him down here in Canberra.

To say that there was no way that NSW could have won.. is well, a typical NSW response and one which falls flat on its face in light of both Tate and Hodges being sent to the bin.

QLD came out hard and didn't stop until very late in the game and even then guys like Slater were still trying to score.

One of the highlights for me was noticing how everyone leaves Inglis alone when there's a scuffle (see 'melee') going on or if he does a hard tackle. Everyone cops a push or a few words, but I noticed many times that the NSW bloke would just stand up, look the other way and let him run off.

2m3qpzo.png

QLD played very well. You dont see forwards running with the ball that hard in club games. They set the platform early and it lifted the whole team, in attack and defence. Too good on the night.

These Merritt meme's are funny, but my luck is he'll come back and score the winning try vs the chooks in the GF lol

QLD played very well. You dont see forwards running with the ball that hard in club games. They set the platform early and it lifted the whole team, in attack and defence. Too good on the night.

These Merritt meme's are funny, but my luck is he'll come back and score the winning try vs the chooks in the GF lol

Roosters have to make the gf first lol

And Meritt is in...

Clearly, Ricky Stuart was a racist....

See what I did there???

I just wanted to give myself a wrap for trying to take the piss out of Merritt prior to the match.

He is a sensational finisher and looks amazing when his team is dominating a match.

He is also confused when defending and tends to think he is playing touch football instead of the real thing.

He has never been picked before and never should be again due to his defence.

One of the best players to ever represent QLD, who happened to be a winger was a guy called Matt Sing. He was not a big guy, but a sticky guy and a fierce defender and competitor. If you added up oints scored and tries saved, his tally was amazing. There were games where QLD ended up with a 2 - 4 point win in which he had saved 2 - 3 tries.

I think Taurus is right in saying that Merritt wil still do great things in club rugby and score winning tries now and again, but he just does not have the defensive game. As a QLD'er, I hope they pick 17 Nathan Merritts for the third game.

Last edited:
Meritt didnt play well but QLD targeted him and did it perfectly - when you have some of the best players Rugby League has ever seen targeting you - your in for a bad night regardless of how good a player you are.

Last night was one of QLD's best games for a number of years with every single player taking it to another level - Meritt wasnt the only player that didnt step up - there were a number of NSW players that looked totally lost and out-classed.

To come in how he did you have to give Meritt abit of Meritt.......lol.....

Meritt didnt play well but QLD targeted him and did it perfectly - when you have some of the best players Rugby League has ever seen targeting you - your in for a bad night regardless of how good a player you are.

Last night was one of QLD's best games for a number of years with every single player taking it to another level - Meritt wasnt the only player that didnt step up - there were a number of NSW players that looked totally lost and out-classed.

To come in how he did you have to give Meritt abit of Meritt.......lol.....

Agreed.

UNDER-fire referees Ashley Klein and Shayne Hayne have fallen out of favour with NRL referees coach Daniel Anderson and face the sack for State of Origin III.
The Daily Telegraph has been told one - or both - will be punted for the decider at ANZ Stadium on July 17.
Sources inside the NRL claim Anderson was frustrated with the performances of Klein and Hayne in Brisbane last Wednesday night. Jared Maxwell has been mentioned as a possible replacement.