• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on this routine..

That's bullshit.

We are talking about an individual, if you want to get bigger you have to get stronger in some way wether it is more reps, sets, time under tension, ect. In some way you need to get stronger to get bigger. There is no way around it.

Show me someone who has got bigger by progressively getting weaker.

This does not mean the strongest guy in the gym is the biggest, that is a different topic but when talking about an individual they will have to get stronger in some way if they want to get bigger.

That's great bazza.

^^^ I wish someone made me read that when I started out wasted alot of years doing five day splits, at one stage I got some really good size but looking back I could have gotten there a lot faster without having to live in the gym 5 nights a week & wouldn't have a recurring shoulder injury that is a direct result of too much bro curling and programs that focused on too much bench and shoulder work.

Legs they're not just for putting in your tracksuit pants.

The bigger the cross-sectional size or area of the muscle the more ABILITY it has to exert force. Note ABILITY this does not necessarily mean the biggest guy is the strongest. Progressive overload in one way or another is the only way to continually add muscle mass. Ever heard the saying if nothing chanes, nothing changes?

Love it.

Brawn will answer most question for the neophyte
And unless you are a cripple and you are not squatting, kick your own arse for me.

Hmm I dunno you guys are getting a bit too technical for me....

I'm almost happy with the size i am now, just want to widen my back a bit more and get a bit more chest, traps are a good size and legs can get a little bigger!

Once I get to a size I'm happy with I will start cutting up and try and bring out some definition across the board - mainly focusing on abs tho!

I don't do any direct arm work either because they grow to fast and cant fit in to my tops. I have a lot of clothes and definitely don't wanna have to buy a whole new wardrobe lol.... so no curls for me :)

Also with widening my back, ever since I started doing a lot of chins, my back is widening heaps, I put on a shirt the other day and it was very tight around my lats which is a good sign!

Hmm I dunno you guys are getting a bit too technical for me....

I'm almost happy with the size i am now, just want to widen my back a bit more and get a bit more chest, traps are a good size and legs can get a little bigger!

Once I get to a size I'm happy with I will start cutting up and try and bring out some definition across the board - mainly focusing on abs tho!

I don't do any direct arm work either because they grow to fast and cant fit in to my tops. I have a lot of clothes and definitely don't wanna have to buy a whole new wardrobe lol.... so no curls for me :)

Also with widening my back, ever since I started doing a lot of chins, my back is widening heaps, I put on a shirt the other day and it was very tight around my lats which is a good sign!

What the hell did I just read.

Haha legs are far from mamoth, me and my gym buddy call them the twigs... but they're big enough to not fit into some of my jeans...

Arms are fairly big although like said i don't even train arms! will get some upm to date pics up soon :)

This was when i was at 87 KG's about 2 months ago, shit pic and lighting but u can sorta see my bod..
IMG_1529.jpg

this one was tonight in the gym after a back work out.. good example

Untitled.png

Putting on weight at a pretty steady weight! suprise myself everytime i jump on the scales... just over 94 now!

My goal was to get to 95KG then start cutting but at the rate i'm putting on weight i might try for 100 now then start cutting!!

So far this program is working very well for me, don't know why some people are so against it =\

*Edit - was just looking back through this thread, i was weighing in at 90.4 exactly a month ago so almost 4 kilos in a month!
What's the usual rate of weight gain when bulking? i don't feel as though i've put on much fat ( have been eating fairly healthy but big portions) although it would be interesting to find out my BF %..

Last edited:
Good luck with the big 100. How is your chest coming along as at 87 it was lagging in comparison to your arms?

Thanks guys :)

Chest is actually putting on some good size, starting to get a nice shape - I'll have to get some updates pics up to show!

I don't think I'll get to 100 to be honest but I never thought I would get to 94 either so we'll see what happens!!

Height?

Since you started in the 80s a lean hundred would probably be difficult depending on your height. It all depends on how lean you want to be really. I doubt I could stay at 110 at under 12 though I am 6'3.