• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

One week at PTC

200kg deadlift shouldn't be too far away, I have never deadlifted before and on my 2nd night of deadlifts, I did 5x15 reps on 100kg.

Like Fadi said, Adrenaline does some crazy things, aim super high, even if you don't succeed, you will surpass all expectations.

thanks, when i started at PTC my 1RM deadlift was 110kg, im on 160kg now and that hasn't been tested for awhile. I'll aim for 180kg next and then hopefully start eyeing off the 200kg

Where abouts do you live Morgan?
I'm in Ferntree Gully, about 5 mins off Eastlink. Why?
thanks, when i started at PTC my 1RM deadlift was 110kg, im on 160kg now and that hasn't been tested for awhile. I'll aim for 180kg next and then hopefully start eyeing off the 200kg
Sorry, I didn't intend that to come across as arrogant, what I meant was, with squats / deadlifts, going heavier comes a bit sooner/easier than on other exercsies.

Last edited:
thats cool, you didnt come off arrogant at all. ferntree gully isnt far, you should pop out for a session, you wont look back lol

Fat Dave squatted 170kg rock bottom today. He started 2 weeks before Xmas with a 80kg PB after using a PT at FF in Knox.

Morgan, you should come round at least for one session. I guarantee you will learn something that will help you lift some descent weights. I had a 68kg 17yo kid deadlift 180kg last night, one year serious lifting.

YouTube - 4 wet nights at PTC

Here is the latest video. NPR (Nick) is featured in it doing squats and snatches.

It was filmed over 4 very wet days where the gym got very wet. Nick still managed to squat 180kg x 2, 140kg x 20, James benched 155kg to 3 boards, as did Nick, Simon benched 160kg, a couple of 210kg deadlifts by Nicholas and Jayden, Max squatting 150kg and C&J 90kg easily, Max and Alen doing some one handed snatches and Alen repping the PTC Challenge DB for 12 reps. It has a thick handle and weighs 38kg.

You have to clean it one handed and the set is terminated if your other hand touches the DB. Nick has the record of 22 reps

Hope you enjoy

Morgan, you should come round at least for one session. I guarantee you will learn something that will help you lift some descent weights. I had a 68kg 17yo kid deadlift 180kg last night, one year serious lifting.
I wouldn't mind getting a few pointers on my bench press but at the moment, I am still making steady strength gains, I think once I hit my first major plateau I will come looking for help, I hope that doesn't come across as rude.

Cool video though. :)

That is a cool vid, man you are breeding some strong Women there Markos. Look out if you are an average Joe and cross them!

Yeah, Frankston in general is a bit of a hole (No offence to Markos) try going to a nightclub and not getting into a fight, quite a rough area to be honest.

Yeah I have stayed in Frankston on more than one occasion, it reminds me of where I grew up. Logan City in Brisbane.

I use to think Frankston was a dump too, unti I started going there regularly.

Where Markos lives is really nice, quiet and with lots of space. There is one small part of Frankston that is mostly housing commission, but thats no big deal. My mum owns a very expenisve house in one of the "best" suburbs melbourne thats is right down the street from a huge housing commission tower. Her car has been broken in to once, mine attempted twice and had the rims stolen off it once. Until I started getting argo with them we also use to get the occasional bum rolling up to the house asking for money.

I know where I'd rather live.

So what if it really was a hole, only Markos and his family have to live there, we just have to visit there to train :D

Plus, who's going to bother a bunch of people who just walked out of a lifting session????

I worked in the building industry for 7 years so I travelled to every suburb in Melbourne.

Let me tell you every suburb has areas you wouldnt want to live in. FTG as well as Frankston has shit parts.

You can buy a house in Frankston North for between $220-250,000. My son plays soccer there, so I make the 15 minute drive from Frankston South to Frankston North a few times a week.

In the estate I live in, we currently have a house on the market for 2.9 million dollars, the owner is a client. Less than 200m from the entrance of the estate there is another house on the market for 4.5 million dollars.

Living in FTG and making a statement like that is borderline moronic, from what I've seen. Lets introduce the kettle to the pot.

Kyle is the voice of reason on here. Hopefully he is coming to PTC on Thursday.

I'll let him describe the area.

Engage brain, operate mouth, do things in that order and fewer people will think you have down syndrome.

Let me tell you every suburb has areas you wouldnt want to live in. FTG as well as Frankston has shit parts.
Every suburb does have a crap part, I don't deny that, but my Frankston comment was looking at the bigger picture to your comment.

Every CITY has a SUBURB you wouldn't want to live in, for me that's Frankston, different strokes for different folks though.