• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oatmass:Do Not Leave Home Without It!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
U remind me of the milk article !!!
and dymatize is from usa where cows dont get to see sunlight...

This is 1 damm good point to make me switch to local WPC/WPI

I'll keep that in mind for my next order...

personally with this oatmass thing... when we add it to protein powder...
does it = to mass gainer?
if it is, its much better than those ready packed mass gainer i suppose as those mass gainer are full of sugar (if i'm not wrong)...

Yes and no Lucku. You can have it with WPI/WPC in a ratio of 4:1 carb/protein with no fat and it'll serve as an energy/anabolic drink pre/during and post workout.

Or, you can add good fats like Aussie macadamia oil (yummy buttery creamy nutty taste), egg, and other goodies like almond meal for example, as well as some WP and you've got yourself a unique drink that has your name written on it.

Fadi.

i see.. thx alot fadi...
btw for protein powders from places like bulknutrients/ protein direct
do their WPI/WPC contains amino acids, BCAA etc?
as the commercial protein mix do have them in it...

thx

i see.. thx alot fadi...
btw for protein powders from places like bulknutrients/ protein direct
do their WPI/WPC contains amino acids, BCAA etc?
as the commercial protein mix do have them in it...

thx

No Lucku they don't. Let's put it this way; if you were bad to me I'd say stick with the commercial supplements over our Aussie ones. But you're not nasty to me, so it's Aussie all the way Lucku. That's being honest with you and I don't get anything from these people so there's no ulterior motive involved here.

Fadi.

No Lucku they don't. Let's put it this way; if you were bad to me I'd say stick with the commercial supplements over our Aussie ones. But you're not nasty to me, so it's Aussie all the way Lucku. That's being honest with you and I don't get anything from these people so there's no ulterior motive involved here.

Fadi.

ermm dont get me wrong...
I'm just want to know the difference :D

so if i were to buy wppi/wpc from them i'll have to get amino acids too.. :D

thx for clearing my doubts fadi !

thx for clearing my doubts fadi !

Well lucku I'm new here and you and others don't know me too well yet; so I didn't want to give the wrong impression mate, that's all. I wasn't saying you had doubts, but just in case.

Lucku, if it was me, I'd stick with the WPC over all. Yes you read that right. If you have no problem with milk lactose, then WPC. It's cheaper and is better for your immune system than WPI. Sure it has a tiny bit less protein percentage but nothing to write home about. It's up to you of course.

Back in my day it was egg protein and desiccated liver for supplement. Stick with the basics and your body will love and thank you for it; not to mention your wallet!

Having said that, there's one or two aminos that I would recommend you take but I'll leave that for another time.

Fadi.

luck you, no you do need to by extra aminos aswell because the protein powder its self already contains them, it doesnt contain added aminos, but the protein is made of aminos.
When you by expensive OTC protein powders and the labels says "loaded with BCAAs" it doesnt neccesarily contain extra bccas because the protein powder already contains these naturally. And if it does have extra bcaa's the company is usually "label dressing" and it only has small amount of extra bcaa's.

i hope this make sense.

ahh...
so its just marketing tatics used by those manufacturers... haha...
thx alot shammo :D

to fadi: im looking forward to your wpc/wpi article :D

WTF???

You gotta chill out a bit mate.
There is no agenda, I've nothing against you. I don't even know you, and i'm not sure what you are so upset about.

I understand its difficult to express emotion with this form of communication. So that is why we use smiles and lol's and so on.

Did you not see the smiles and lol's? :)

If you can spare the $'s to spoil yourself, well good for you.

No Mike, my family are starving because of what I do!

I'm trying to be as courteous as I can possibly be without letting you use me as your punching bag Mike; but it seems you have a different agenda(which I'm really not interested in), and you're adamant to stick to it.

All the best to you.

Fadi.

what is the difference between oatmass and waxy maize starch in terms of effectiveness? are they pretty much interchangeable?

what is the difference between oatmass and waxy maize starch in terms of effectiveness? are they pretty much interchangeable?

Yes but...

Whilst you can mix WPC with Oatmass and turn it into one hell of a weight gainer; you'd be defeating the purpose by doing the same to WMS. WMS is designed to leave your stomach very quickly and shuttle whatever is added with it in a form of aminos or creatine into the muscles. Adding WPC changes the whole structure of WMS. In that case you might as well have corn flour. Not a good idea!

Check the 2200/2800 calorie "diets for an example of interchangeability.

Fadi.

Yes but...

Whilst you can mix WPC with Oatmass and turn it into one hell of a weight gainer; you'd be defeating the purpose by doing the same to WMS. WMS is designed to leave your stomach very quickly and shuttle whatever is added with it in a form of aminos or creatine into the muscles. Adding WPC changes the whole structure of WMS. In that case you might as well have corn flour. Not a good idea!

Check the 2200/2800 calorie "diets for an example of interchangeability.

Fadi.

oh ok, thanks for that Fadi. i am trying to put together a feasible diet plan for my new training which i am planning on starting next week. i don't have either WMS or oatmass at home, so will have to get some and am trying to decide which is better/more appropriate.

i have checked the diet plans you have put up and i have noticed that you use less WMS in place of oatmass, i assume this is because of the higher carb content of WMS yeah?

would it be fair to say that oatmass is better as a stand alone meal (mixed with protein) whereas the WMS is better pre and post workout? i assume it would be better before a workout as it clears out of the stomach quicker, and post workout for a faster uptake of nutrients, does this sound about right?

It's been a while now since I've attacked a study. I'll keep it that way. Pistachio, I've read that article few times but it doesn't go with what I and others have experienced. I've got a thread on this site called WMS. I don't have shares in the company, so telling you how good it is and that it can not be compared with dextrose is telling it like it is.

Dextrose/glucose is cheap yes; but why stop there? Both of you and upg. Seriously now, why stop there? Table sugar is dirt cheap and has a GI rating of 68, which will get the job done as far as insulin goes.

The reason I won't take these two products is because of the gastrointestinal problem that they have the potential to give to some people. WMS solved that problem big time.

More than enough said...

Fadi.

but if dextrose does not upset their stomach then there is no need to use WMS

No problem except it's way too expensive when compared with table sugar. Are you using table sugar upg? If not, then you should. I'm only using your own logic don't forget,(which actually is logical to me).

Fadi.

dextrose has a much higher gi therefore making it more favorable
Insulin response is the objective

dextrose has a much higher gi therefore making it more favorable
Insulin response is the objective

Favourable is a relative term upg.

As I've already said, table sugar (fructose/glucose) has a GI rating of 68, high enough to give you an insulin spike; so why throw your money away when you don't have to?

Again I'm using your logic. This is no different than the "F" word article I wrote. Where there it's about the stimulation of muscle fibers. Once you stimulate your muscle fiber; you can not stimulate it more. Back over here; once you've gotten your insulin spike; you can not spike it any more.

After all, according to you here; insulin response is the objective. With a single tablespoon of sugar I can reach that objective upg and save $$$. What’s your name by the way?

Fadi.