• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nylon Elastane clothing for training?

I got given a set of skins for my b'day in October, a top and bottom. I tried em out and Im not convinced they live up to their marketing hype. They're supposed to keep the bloodflow in the area and help to quicken recovery. Crap. If you work hard those things make little or no difference and your still gonna feel sore. I preffer a a stretch or a massage (without the happy ending....sometimes) to promote bloodflow to the area.
Fighters seem to like them, a few of the guys I train with wear em, but I don't see any advantage to them other than a quick cash grab for the retailers.
Also, those slazenger ones (if they're the same ones I got at chrissy not the same as compression thingies as the skins) I found they keep me cool if Im standing around doing little or nothing. Dosent cool me down if Im working hard. Still stink of sweat from it too. I'd need a shower after a workout anyway regardless of how much sweat it takes away from my body.

The end of the day if you feel the skins or other compression garments are doing you better by all means use them, but I dont see any advantage to them from my own experience.

I thought skins and other compression garments we're meant to be worn after a workout to help with recovery.

And aren't they for sports like running/cycling, not weightlifting?