• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nylon Elastane clothing for training?

P

PRiMaL

So I got this slazenger T-Shirt for christmas, it's a bit weird wearing something skin-tight since it makes me think of robin hood-men in tights.

But considering the hot-humid weather and how much cooler this shirt makes me feel I'm considering getting some more and using them regularly whilst training, anyone tried them or think it would//wouldnt be worth it?

Here's some links to the particular one I got:

Slazenger -

Slazenger - Research

Apparently its scientifically proven or something so at least it's not a gimmick(I hope lol)

Apparently its scientifically proven or something so at least it's not a gimmick(I hope lol)

It's probably not a gimmick like the ponds institute

i'm interested to hear what's the difference between wearing it & a standard t-shirt. It makes you cooler? how ? what does it feel like. I've seen skins & stuff...is that the same?!

Yeah I think its similar to skins, it feels like wearing a tight shirt made of silk or something(not in a gay way), it's pretty hot in the garage I train in but I noticed it keeps my body at a good temp, I still sweat but its hardly as annoying as with normal or no shirt.

I only have the short sleeve version so my forearms sweat like crap compared to my chest etc. It's also got something in the fabric that seems to stop body odour completely. I'v worn it 2 days while training now and it still smells brand new.

It makes it alot easier to see definition and the shape of my chest//abs//biceps where the shirt is, when doing benchpress//flys//curls the fabric stretches with the muscle, stopping vibration. Makes me wanna get the 3 quarter pants and see what running in them is like, they are also perfectly fine to wear under clothes, I wore mine with a shirt ontop the other day and I still kept relatively cool.

I'm pretty sure the slazenger one I got is just a cheaper brand of the more expensive skins you can buy from Rebel allsports or places like that, this one was only $35.

I just did a workout before(chest//tri's//abs//bi's), I got no fan in my gym so it got pretty hot, as soon as I walked into my other room with a fan and it blew on the shirt I noticed a very cool feeling as if the shirt was absorbing the air or some crap LOL. Cooled down pretty fast.

Doesnt look too bad either:
Pic_1226_010.jpg

Last edited:
It's a bit, "I'm 17 and driving my purple Valiant", if you know what I mean.

Just wear a t-shirt or singlet like normal people.

yes your right its the cheaper version of the skins brand.it supposely helps your muscles recover if you wear while sleeping .i have a work friend that wears the pants slazenger one to ride to work and a pair to sleep in he says it does miracles.no scientific facts here just word of mouth so take it however you like it.
i think im going to get myself a t-shirt one to train in and to sleep in

yes your right its the cheaper version of the skins brand.it supposely helps your muscles recover if you wear while sleeping .i have a work friend that wears the pants slazenger one to ride to work and a pair to sleep in he says it does miracles.no scientific facts here just word of mouth so take it however you like it.
i think im going to get myself a t-shirt one to train in and to sleep in

it couldn't possibly the actual ride into work or mere act of sleeping eh!!

Why would it be a joke? The fella likes those skin tight shirts and wished to share his enthusiam.
So be it.

Well tbh if I go out in public I tend to put a loose shirt or tanktop OVER it, still keeps me cool.

I just love the fact that after a workout I can't smell my B.O., even after taking the shirt off.. I don't know exactly how it does it, something about microfabric anti-bacterial bla blah.. but the shirt doesnt smell at all and neither do I. Better than working out naked.. ;O

Big problem: sweat + = not a stable environment when the bar's on the shoulders.

Get a $15 plain shirt from cotton on. You'll save a ****load.

Last edited:
hehe good to see ausbb hasnt taken a break from tackling the big issues over christmas.

**** christmas man. christmas used to be really cool and have bikes, gameboys and dragon ball z figures for me to play with, now Im stuck with under $50 knick-knacks and listening to drunk relos. I hate being 19 :(

Where are you going with this?

A: Nylon is slippery when wet +
B: A loaded barbell across the shoulders in a slippery environment is dangerous
= C: A nylon shirt is dangerous to squat in

Those shirts ARE NOT designed for the gym!

Edit: How about you buy some high top cons, stretchy shorts, 100% cotton shirts a size too large and top it off with a red or grey bonds zip hoodie? you'll look cool AND perform well in the gym!

keeps the sweat away and it doesnt get slippery when wet, I'v done a complete workout in one and it was perfectly fine?

A: Compression fabric increases circulation and muscle efficiency while decreasing vibration and risk of injury.
+
B: moisture transport system dries quickly for lightweight performance that keeps you cool.

=C: Flatlock seams for reduce chafing

Oh and the underwear is made of 85% 7.0 oz Nylour™ / 15% Elastane, shirts are 50% PolyArmour™ / 50% Polypropylene.

You could wear it under a shirt if your worried about slipping. I'm only telling people about this based on my experience(even with one of the crappy slazenger versions).
I never said anyone had to buy it.

If I was going to post a joke it would be something like this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If4PLblvEP0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: