• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nose Tork

tasgymbrah

Can anyone tell me where I can buy some nose tork or ammonia caps from in australia? Can I just buy liquid ammonia from a chemical supply place, and if so what type?

I have been trying underground elite but they have been out of stock for a while.

It appears they only have ammonia caps in the accesories section of the titan australia site, am I looking in the right place?

seems like an expensive way to buy ammonia

I have read on US PL forums it is different to industrial ammonia, but this could also just be a ploy to sell more overpriced ammonia.

http://msds.orica.com/pdf/shess-en-cds-010-000031098301.pdf

Attached is a link to an MSDS, not the most toxic chemical around but still not great to be sucking bulk volume into your nose. I would imagine like all these chemicals long term exposure is gonna cause damage to the lungs.

How damaging it depends on the specific exposure levels but based on the info attached I would be trying to use it sparingly ie: the odd max effort attempt or only on comp days.

I just have a bottle of smelling salts from the pharmacy. Its lasted my entire training career!

I just have a bottle of smelling salts from the pharmacy. Its lasted my entire training career!

I've used both, and used smelling salts back when I was fighting and while they're good they're IMO not comparable. I got Nose Tork with an order from House Of Pain last year and I opened the bottle fully and almost dropped the bottle. Eyes watered up immediately lol. It was even better when I used it on a couple of unsuspecting mates!!

If you want to get Tork, just use eBay. Pretty sure there'll be some on the US site.

I was taking out some old rerigerant pipes from a coolstore which ran on ammonia. I had a sniff of one the pipes and fuck me did that shit wake me up!

please respond
is stronger ammonia actually better? I imagine too big a hit would be distracting but I've never tried it

please respond
is stronger ammonia actually better? I imagine too big a hit would be distracting but I've never tried it

If you're not used to it, then yeah it could put you off. I started using it by covering half of the opening with the cap. Now I can take a good wiff when I do use it.

Whether you'll respond better, I'd say just try it and see.

mate at the gym was like "smell this" i knew it was a brand new bottle, so i thought oh fuck him ill hit it hard and say its weak, hit it as hard as i could, got a slight nose bleed and felt like my nose and throat were on fire.... never again