• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It's probably not all safe, I can agree with that. I probably pop pills far to regularly and without much thought for the consequences.

However in the moment, it's what I do and it's helping me progress even at my early stage in life.

I just find life bearable with the help of nootropics.

Fair enough Puggy.

question (and don't answer if you don't want to) do you find life unbearable without them? If so why?

please understand I am not being critical to have a go, just curious.......

the synephedrine does give very good euphoria the first time you use it, or if you used it say once every month or 2.

but the dosage for this is way above recommended, and tolerance builds EXTREMELY fast.

i think its hitting a receptor from an angle that isn't used regularly in daily life (eg very different to caffeine, probably more inline with ephedrine but haven't been able to personally test) hence the better than expected results from one off use. but i also think strongly along the lines of what puppy said above, what goes up must come down and what price do we pay for it...

for these reasons i prefer modafinil to noopept. noopept i "feel" something, my vision gets "glossy", i feel a bit different, alot like caffeine with a mild visual glow/shine.
wheras modafinil is like nothing, i don't feel anything good or bad, but when leaving a 12hr night shift my brain still finds the words im looking for easily (instead of the sleep deprivation fog) and its much safer getting home, and still easy to get to sleep. A cup of coffee "feels" stronger than modafinil, but thats the beauty of mod, its there working in the background for when you need it, but not changing who you are or how you feel (except the positive effects i receive from NOT being so sleep deprived)

less is more

My heads pretty stuffed up man. I've had issues since I was young. I'm smart and all but I'm either sad, tired or angry without medication. I've got a bunch of stuff but most of the time bodybuilding keeps me on the level.

Fair enough Puggy.

question (and don't answer if you don't want to) do you find life unbearable without them? If so why?

please understand I am not being critical to have a go, just curious.......

My heads pretty stuffed up man. I've had issues since I was young. I'm smart and all but I'm either sad, tired or angry without medication. I've got a bunch of stuff but most of the time bodybuilding keeps me on the level.

I can understand where you are coming from mate, and agree lifting weights will help in many ways.

have you thought about exploring why you have these challenges? I ask as I went through a journey of my own the last few years, and I can tell you the answer is not in a pill or powder (this I am sure you already know)

in in your early 20s I know it might not be easy to have sufficient perspective to address any issues, and easier to mask or numb the effects and just get on with it.

You hopefully have a long life ahead of yourself, being in constant conflict with yourself is not a fun way to live you whole adult life.

You seem well educated, and probably have the ability to rationalise a lot of your challenges, but I do know from experience you can't do it alone.

Again, not wanting to overstep boundaries or preach...... Just want to see a good young fella make good Decisions

best of luck mate!

Every action has a reaction, cause and effect if you like.

quite often we see the symptoms and treat them, but not the cause.

Thanks mate for the thoughtful reply, you obviously have life experience in matters like these.

I've dealt with my conditions from a young age. It's been the past few years I have learnt to control things more, and fine tuned it even more in the past 6 months or so. I see a physiatrist and a social worker on a regular basis. With this I've improved significantly. I meditate a few times a week which helps and sleep well.

Like I said I probably pop pills too often. But they really do improve day to day living quite a lot.

At the moment all I do is take my normal prescription meds. And then 20mg of noopept.
I only use sepherine, phenylpiracetam before my workouts and I have no caffeine whatsoever.

I can understand where you are coming from mate, and agree lifting weights will help in many ways.

have you thought about exploring why you have these challenges? I ask as I went through a journey of my own the last few years, and I can tell you the answer is not in a pill or powder (this I am sure you already know)

in in your early 20s I know it might not be easy to have sufficient perspective to address any issues, and easier to mask or numb the effects and just get on with it.

You hopefully have a long life ahead of yourself, being in constant conflict with yourself is not a fun way to live you whole adult life.

You seem well educated, and probably have the ability to rationalise a lot of your challenges, but I do know from experience you can't do it alone.

Again, not wanting to overstep boundaries or preach...... Just want to see a good young fella make good Decisions

best of luck mate!

so you booked into that sleep study puppies?

I missed this post.....

not as yet, it will be my final measure.

I am am about to start modulating my cortisol through diet and supplementation, and if still sufferering same challenges I will do it.

it is quite expensive (through woodcock institute) and thus far have had many conflicting answers about if I do the study with, or without the medication I currently use to sleep.

would still like some background on your field of expertise if possible.

Tried phenylpiacetam for the first time today.

I had 100mg modafinil at 7.45am, then 80 microlitres (I don't know what this is in weight, but I guess it's around 50 milligrams) phenylpiracetam at 10.45am.

Nothing to report. Had a most unproductive day.

How disappoint. I thought phenylpiacetam was the bomb, based on user reports I have read across the interweb. *holds onto cash*

How disappoint. I thought phenylpiacetam was the bomb, based on user reports I have read across the interweb. *holds onto cash*

I did have some remarkable dreams in the early hours of this morning - notably 'sociable' dreams, involving meeting and doing things with lots of people. New people in the case of the first two dreams, but old, real, and unpleasant people from a very unpleasant and stressful work situation I have left behind in Real Life, in the case of the last dream.

people dream, thats nothing specific. perception of dreaming is very subjective.

I did have some remarkable dreams in the early hours of this morning - notably 'sociable' dreams, involving meeting and doing things with lots of people. New people in the case of the first two dreams, but old, real, and unpleasant people from a very unpleasant and stressful work situation I have left behind in Real Life, in the case of the last dream.

if your having strange, long-ish dreams it usually points towards sleep deprivation rebound. unless something more serious is happening

same deal with sleep talking/walking, or waking up consciously but paralysed. all forms of sleep things that can happen and especially when sleep deprived.

All dreams are good mate, I would be more worried if I woke up after a night of no dream than if it was full of nightmarish, long drawn out disgustingly lucid ones.

theres is zero evidence remembering your dreams actaully means you dream...

the fact is, your brain does its shit, and you don't know it. thats how it works. so stop pretending.

theres is zero evidence remembering your dreams actaully means you dream...

the fact is, your brain does its shit, and you don't know it. thats how it works. so stop pretending.

The whole point of this thread is user interpretation. It's a log with a primal point of hearing experiences. No matter how in correct others perceive them to be. The fact is nootropics really have some positive effects, throughout this log users have reported correlation between them and improved cognitive function in some way. I can't see that 9/10 people are pretending. As much as you have positively contributed to the thread can you please not make snarky comments like 'stop pretending' when someone is reporting their experiences.

Has anyone used A-GPC? Is so thoughts?

i bought some phosphatidylserine and A-GPC came as part of the formula.

i understand most choline and phospholipids improve cognition?

Has anyone used A-GPC? Is so thoughts?

i bought some phosphatidylserine and A-GPC came as part of the formula.

i understand most choline and phospholipids improve cognition?

Yes I have, I believe it can be of benefit, but take my advice - store it in an airtight container or it will coagulate into a solid unusable mass.