• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I have been hearing more and more about nootropics.

I think I would benefit from something to help with concentration and mood (I wouldn't say no to a little extra energy either).

Is Noopept is good place to start? I don't want to buy a whole load of them only to find I don't like the effects.

Heck I've taken Noopept sublingually at 15mg and reckon the odd aftertaste isn't worth the trouble of simply swallowing the damn thing. Sure, I might need more to get happy joy joy out of it (try double or triple, 40mg hell yolo in my books) but my tub is labelled as 40g so I reckon I can wub it long time and it'll wub me back and not run dry on me.

Noopept is probably one of the best starting points for nootropics tbh.
Piracetam, Oxiracetam, Aniracetam, Phenylpiracetam also good.
Coluracetam and Adrafinil also getting good reports.
Make sure you stack it with Alpha GPC or another choline powder.
Caffeine and L-Theanine is another terrific stack. DHEA is good stuff as well.
Stay away from Phenibut until you've done all your research.

Powercity.com has the best range of nootropics for more obscure stuff ceretropic.com is the place.

You can take all these swallowed or sublingually. I'm finding nasal sprays really effective also.

http://www.ceretropic.com/delta-sleep-inducing-peptide/

this looks interesting... hgh pulses are direction proportiate to delta sleep phases, if this works, its gold for shift workers.

edit: scratch that, did some research and seems pretty bunk since its 1/2 life is 15 minutes. you would have to run it in an IV drip for the first 3hrs of sleep... fark that.

Last edited:
Phenibut pisses me off. It either works a treat or just punches you into a semi dream state but not actually asleep. Like last night I racked 750mg of this supposed sleep magic dust down my gullet and until dawn I lay there alert as hell but vividly dreaming. WTF is with that, its 100% bizarreballs.

Phenibut some crazy stuff. GABA antagonists can be dangerous. For some it doesn't do much, also you have to get the good quality stuff.
Kratom, Picamilon, Kava are a few others that are coming up recently.

I've been experimenting a lot with the different members of the racetam family.
Oxiracetam, Aniracetam, Colouracetam lately.
Been getting some interesting results.
Oxi is more anxiolytic than any of the others.
Ani is great for reading huge amounts of information.
Colouracetam actually made me euphoric, which I've only experienced a few times.

Sourcing a lot of the cheaper stuff from PowderCity, getting some more expensive, rare nootropics from research facilities in the states and Germany.

About to go completely herbal. ashwagandha, valerian, l-theanine, Huperzine-A and noopept on the side.

[MENTION=17765]Puggy[/MENTION]; interesting that you find that Oxi is anxiolytic whereas I get that with Ani but not really responsive to Oxi. I have read that a lot of users have found themselves responsive to either Ani or Oxi but not both. Oxi, while is tastes very nice, gives me a stimulant kick to the head but not as productive as, say, prami.

I am hella interested in colouracetam because who doesn't want to be euphoric!? Unifram does that for me, its the dope. Unfortunately it's also expensive as fuk!

Why you going completely herbal for, man? Having said that I cannot sing enough praises for Ashwagandha (makes me chill and helps me fall asleep), and L-Theanine (wakes me up first thing in the morning and that funny tea flavour is quite addicting lol)

@Puggy; interesting that you find that Oxi is anxiolytic whereas I get that with Ani but not really responsive to Oxi. I have read that a lot of users have found themselves responsive to either Ani or Oxi but not both. Oxi, while is tastes very nice, gives me a stimulant kick to the head but not as productive as, say, prami.

I am hella interested in colouracetam because who doesn't want to be euphoric!? Unifram does that for me, its the dope. Unfortunately it's also expensive as fuk!

Why you going completely herbal for, man? Having said that I cannot sing enough praises for Ashwagandha (makes me chill and helps me fall asleep), and L-Theanine (wakes me up first thing in the morning and that funny tea flavour is quite addicting lol)

I've too heard this. Suggest you join the Nootropics board on facebook, lots of really insightful posts about all sorts of things nootropics, and not just the basics.
Everyone reacts different with most things haha. For me I prefer Oxi, it's a little bit nicer and the anxiolytic affects are nice. Ani still works for me though!
Prami is one I'm yet to try.

Colouracetam was really fantastic, like you I'd also be euphoric from Unifram. I still have some in my cupboard, but I'm wary of mixing too many things these days!

Fasoracetam is one of the last better known ones I haven't tried. But there are always new racetams coming out.
The one's I've tried are usually 15-20 years old at least!

Well, I've got enough synthetic prescriptions in me, so I've got to cut out artificial stuff somewhere.
That's the main reason behind herbal. Just started herbal face creams instead of benzoperoxide, instant improvement in skin!
Let's see if the same principle applies.
[MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; sucks being Aussie sometimes!

with phenibut for sleep you need 1500 to 2000mg atleast 2hrs before bed

you will wake up groggy but once awake and some caffeine your g2g

for phenibut while awake 500mg is nice

tolerance builds quick so dont take it too frequently

[MENTION=7521]C_T[/MENTION]; what the heck, you sure you can last 2hrs after taking up to 2g of Phenibut before bed?? You'll be staggering around delirious as a raving loony, not remembering the chaos created the groggy morning after.

Oh wait

@C_T; what the heck, you sure you can last 2hrs after taking up to 2g of Phenibut before bed?? You'll be staggering around delirious as a raving loony, not remembering the chaos created the groggy morning after.

Oh wait

standard dose on the packet is 2 to 3 scoops
each scoop is 500mg

and yes it comes on very slowly and lasts along time

if you want a good night sleep then just take 25mg seroquel. be out cold

seroquel isn't good for you man, turns you into a zombie. anti-psych med. some people take 200mg during the day! insane...

good for ending an acid trip tho, if you've had enough and wanna get to sleep :p

seroquel isn't good for you man, turns you into a zombie. anti-psych med. some people take 200mg during the day! insane...

good for ending an acid trip tho, if you've had enough and wanna get to sleep :p

been on it for 6 months now. only take it at night. past 50-100mg there is no increase in its sedating effects. some people take up to 1000mg

Well uh, if we are gonna stray down that dodgey path I'd rather pop good 'ol Midazolam than yucky Seroquel. Knocks out cold, much less chance of that groggy and seedy the morning after! Some call it the Midah's touch for good reason.