• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

newbie home gym setup

Mate none of the issues are gonna affect the performance of the rack. That weld is just sloppy fabrication but it looks like full penetration into the steel. As a strucutre they can hold epic amonts of weight and if your storing it outside the whole thing will have a coating of rust soon enough anyway. But i guess if you pay top dollar for a quality product it should be perfect when you get it.

I saw the pics of the bench. Sorry mate. Didn't realise.

Is there any damage on the bench?
Best of luck. Im sure everything will be alright

TBH I probably would have sent it back or at least talked to them about it before setting it up.. but I'm sure it'll do the job.

Bench is in good condition sookie. The rest of the rack is actually more than fine, except what i've mentioned. Opened the caps on the barbell container and had a rough look at the barbell earlier. There were some what seem to be minor dent marks on one end. Will have a better look after uni.

Being in WA, return shipping would be problematic(handle time & cost). Atleast for me anyway. Hence why i went ahead with the assembly. Shipping the bits here in the first place costed me big bucks. I think i will demand a partial refund or something alike.

Ben

See what they come up with, may be just get them to send replacement parts for the rusted bits, the rest should be fine, would not worry about the bolts and stuff.

Just to give you guys some updates. replacements for the rusted bits are on their way :) (thanks Adrian!)

There's a problem with the barbell as well but we're giving it a week or 2 and see if that will sort it self out.

Had a couple work outs with the equipments already and im absolutely loving it. Doing starting strength at the moment and i am stronger already. Noob gain is crazy!