• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Newb =)

Dinkoz

Hey guys, my names David, live in Hervey Bay, QLD. Am currently studying marketing at uni (final semester this year, woot) and work part time. I decided to start getting into weight training and fitness again, as last time I didn't stick with it, as I didn't see results straight away, but that's the way it is.

Anyway, I am roughly about 180cm, weigh about 58kg, 21 years old.
I am basically new to all of this, and still understanding some of the terminology that gets thrown around. I wanted to get into this because it is something I want to do for myself, as well as just feeling better and feeling healthier all round.

I do not want to 'bulk up' as much, mainly just gain lean muscle (arms, chest, back) and have definition around my abdominals (low body fat and ab workouts right?)

I have started to try to eat healthier, smaller meals throughout the day; as I have a fast metabloism, it isin't too hard, it's eating the right stuff that is. Currently I have some Natures Way protein powder that I have had for a while when I used to be more active, so I will use that up for now making shakes and what not, then I will buy something else, not to be reliant on suppliments just something for a bit of extra protein for muscle growth and recovery?

I currently have a dumbell set I am using, doing things such as curls, lateral raises, tricep extensions. Also so pushups and a variety of core workouts for the abs. In the process of building my own pull up/chin up bar, as they are a simple design, so I will endevour to go to Bunnings tomorrow to see what material is available and hopefully get started on that soon so I can start doing pull ups, chin ups, leg raises and whatever else I find you can do on them =)

This has turned into a long post so sorry, but just wanted to give you guys/girls a bit of background on me so you can hopefully give me any pointers and tips to help me out.

Bill Hicks on marketing:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDW_Hj2K0wo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDW_Hj2K0wo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

For weight training and diet advice check out scoobies workshop (google it).

haha, thank you for the video snookmz, gave me something to laugh at after work tonight.

Modo, I'm assuming endo is a good thing? I have no idea what that is...
Thanks for the replies, will check out that workshop later on after tea