• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new and keen

john

Hi guys/girls

I have been reading these threads for the past few weeks and have finally decided to join. So, hi!

A little bit about me first:

Height: 6,1

Weight: 86-88kg (all fat centralized to "pot belly" region due damn father, and his father!)

Equipment at my disposal (as i do gym @ home): Ezybar, Dumbbells, Barbell and a flat bench, that allows for preacher curls on the end.

Currently: I am doing a 3-day split workout which focuses on 6-8 reps x 3 sets over 6 different workouts. I have been doing gym (@ home) for about 3-4 months now and have noticed definite improvement in what i am able to lift. Started off (Bench Press) 1RM @ 55kg and can now do 85kg 1RM. I have noticed slight changes in all areas of the body except off the pot.

I am training for muscle building which is what i want at the moment, but i have not made any changes to my diet (in terms of eating healthier, hence the muscles have gotten bigger and so has the pot..Grrrr)

Goals: Get rid of the "pot belly" & get big then lean. Probably be at 90kgs and have a ripped look.. Arr heaven!

Supplements:
Protein - Balance 100% WPI/WPC - I absolutely love the taste of this, i have tried 2 others and they nearly put me off lifting, they were disgusting!! This is amazingly beautiful - it makes me want to lift and has hardly any carbs which is great for the pot side of things (i think)..
<http://www.fourbody.com.au/balance-100-whey_protein-wpc-wpi_powder.html>
I take this straight after the workout thats it..

Purple K (2pre/1post)

I have also bought jack3d but am yet to use it - although i did use it before the last exam i had 5 days ago, and WOW - i was focused as a MOFO

Does anyone have a workout (3day) that they can share or any tips/advice. I know i have to eat healthier, i try but Maccas just opened 24/7 right near me haha :(

Also, I don't work legs.. I have been playing soccer my whole life and they are tree trunks compared to the rest of my body. Maybe once my upper torso catches up i'll start :)

Thanks!!

Would you bench with your left arm only if you thought it was weaker than your right arm?

Therefore, why avoid legs?

Last edited:
Squat twice per week.
Bench twice per week.
Deadlift once per week.

One squat session do back squats and the other front squats.

One heavy bench day, one highish volume bench day.

Heavy deads.

Combine the above with rows, pullups, dips, and OHP.

he might be afraid training legs could split his pants.. Ive done a fair few expensive ones over the years.. Not happy when u cant fit in dem skinny jeans..!!

Do legs. If you want to be "ripped" you're an idiot not to.

SLDS
RDLS
Hack Squats
Clean the bar and do high rep front or back squats

tried to call u last week ben.. u didnt pick up.. :(

had a guy i know around your area wanting to see if he could get a 1-1 with you (check out his 3 lifts).. Ill get him to sms/call you.. seemed keen..

This post is still related to training!!

tried to call u last week ben.. u didnt pick up.. :(

had a guy i know around your area wanting to see if he could get a 1-1 with you (check out his 3 lifts).. Ill get him to sms/call you.. seemed keen..

This post is still related to training!!

Should have left a message mate. I often have my phone left on silent but I call people back if they leave a message.

he might be afraid training legs could split his pants.. Ive done a fair few expensive ones over the years.. Not happy when u cant fit in dem skinny jeans..!!

i split my first pair of pants last week whilst swinging a leg over my motorcycle, felt good and bad at the same time!

If you do not want to train legs do one exercise only (thats all you will need).

Do squats, don't worry about your legs getting too big, it won't happen, but squats build your whole body, heavy squatting builds your whole body and kick starts your metabolism to burn fan, and change body shape and composition, it builds your core strength, expands your chest cavity, and tightens your abs.

It the king of exercises possibly only surpassed by the dead lift:)

For fat loss see here, it really works:

http://ausbb.com/general-fitness-training/8996-100-burpees-challenge.html

I pretty much used this routine, and results are amazing, and I had a fair bit of fat to lose for my routines check out my work log in the link in my signature, I too was clue less when I first came here a few months ago:), follow advise given here and you will progress:

http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html

EDIT:
Forget about Jacked3d and the commercial proteins that taste like a bad chemical cocktail with strange after tastes, I still have some Optimum Nutrition protein I used to take and its disgusting almost used to make me sick, was dreading taking it, now use Bulk Nutrients WPI or No Bull WPI, cheaper, pure with no carbs or fillers and the taste is like a Gloria Jeans smoothy, looking forward to having it every time, it's like a treat to me. Re pre workout try Bulk Nutrients Pre workout NT, again 100% no fillers no carbs, and you will laugh at the 'focus' of Jacked after you try this stuff, you can add 30 grams of dextrose to the pre workout and some creatine(also from BN for about $9 for $250 gram) and you will never look back have a better product with fully disclosed ingredients (unlike the US brands who do not disclose all ingredients and amount contained per serving)

If I sound like I work for BN I don't, but I put another order through to them this morning, and have already received notification that it will be shipped this arvo, try it and like most here you never walk into a supplement shop again!!

Last edited:
i split my first pair of pants last week whilst swinging a leg over my motorcycle, felt good and bad at the same time!

i hate it when your on a bike and it happens and your not home when it happens to get changed..
i dont know if that counts as indecent exposure in a public place.. but U do get alot of air time while riding especially as its warmer now :D

Thanks for all the advice

What I have gained:

1. Chuck in a LEG exercise
2. DO SQUATS
3. Burpee's Challenge will help me lose some unwanted fat..

However I'm still lost on this:

SLDS
RDLS
Hack Squats

I have no clue what that is ^^ lol. I have posted a youtube video for each of them which explains to me what they are. Please confirm if the video is a true representation of how im supposed to be doing them.

SLDS - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XynUSDVyd6Q]How to Sumo Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]
RDLS - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ6F-ge-dUw&feature=related]Romanian Deadlift Demonstration - YouTube[/ame]
Hack Squats - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PFHtq5XO8]How to Do Barbell Hack Squats - YouTube[/ame]
Clean the bar and do high rep front or back squats (don't know what this is, clean the bar?)

And i do have legs..And skinny jeans, although i train in shorts :)

Thanks guys!

Also, i have been doing 21's and (i think) that out of all my excersizes they are by far the most effective. By the end of the 21 i'm drenched and my arms feeling really really pumped.

Thanks for all the advice

What I have gained:

1. Chuck in a LEG exercise
2. DO SQUATS
3. Burpee's Challenge will help me lose some unwanted fat..

However I'm still lost on this:

SLDS
RDLS
Hack Squats

I have no clue what that is ^^ lol. I have posted a youtube video for each of them which explains to me what they are. Please confirm if the video is a true representation of how im supposed to be doing them.

SLDS - How to Sumo Deadlift - YouTube
RDLS - Romanian Deadlift Demonstration - YouTube
Hack Squats - How to Do Barbell Hack Squats - YouTube
Clean the bar and do high rep front or back squats (don't know what this is, clean the bar?)

And i do have legs..And skinny jeans, although i train in shorts :)

Thanks guys!
SLDS? prob meant SLDL= Stiff leg deadlifts, the rest are right.

Last edited:
This is something i made up, and have been doing for about 4 months (on & off due to exams etc) everything is by 3 sets and weight is including the bar/dumbbell

Monday
Bench Press - 6x60kg
Dips - 15
Skull Crusher - 8x22kg
Closed Grip Bench Press - 6x45kg
Tricep Dumbbell Ext - 8x7.5kg
Incline Bench Press - 6x40kg

Tuesday
Preacher Curls - 10x27kg
Incline Barbell Curl - 6x12.5kg
Bent Over Row - 6 - 40kg
21's (EZ Bar Bicep Curl) - 21x22kg
Dummbell Bent Over Row - 10x22kg
Dummbell Curl - 10x10kg

Friday
Tricep Dumbbell Ext - 8x7.5kg
Dummbell Lat Raise - 10x10kg
Closed Grip Bench Press - 6x60kg
Shrugs with a 20kg plate x 30
Push Ups - 15

The goal: look like this guy
http://skinnygainmass.com/wp-conten...pped-body-big-biceps-ripped-abs-6pack-img.jpg

Not too bulky but big enough for me

WOW ok, after reading and reading and reading. I have found my workout is useless as i am still a beginner. And that i should be doing more compund based excerises until i can at least bench 100kg comfortably.
In that case i have made my own regime (based similarly to Arnies back in the day)

Back Squats 5×5 Chin-Ups or Pull-Ups 5×5 Dips or Bench Press 5×5 Lying Tricep Extension 8x3 21's x3 Push Ups 5x10
thats excersize A now for B

Front Squats 5×5 Rows 5×5 Standing Press 5×5 Deadlifts 3×5 (2 warm-up sets and 1 “stabilizer set”) Lying Tricep Extension 8x3 21's x3 Push Ups 5x10

and thats it :)

New program looks good mate. Lots of compounds which is the key.

Here is something i found about 21's you might find interesting:

"21's are not a good choice for bicep growth. All you are doing is fatigueing the bicep not stimulating growth. Do you think doing 21 reps of bench press or squats is a good approach. Biceps are no different to any other muscle and should be trained in the same manner.

In order to curl 21 times imagine the weight you would have to use, compared to what you would normally handle. Because of it being so much lighter you will not stimulate enough muscle fibres and ultimatley very little growth.

A lot of people like 21s becuase of the burn they feel from it. This is just lactic acid building up because of the number of reps. Latic acid build up is very catabolic and should be avoided.

I would recommend that you do not do 21's"