• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need dieting advice!

B

Boiwonder

Hello,
I need a diet plan that is atleast over 3500 calories and could you please put how much is each meal as in the right weighing of food or if need in cup, or tbs. Also i would like it to be high in protein and carbs but least amount of fat, i do eat on average 4-5 meals a day but i never meal prep or anything just go with the flow but i want to start dieting and eating the right amount of calories a day to gain muscle but minamal fat as possible, Thankyou. :)

Eat enough chicken, steak, spuds, eggs and ice cream that equates to 3500 cals. PRESTO

Why do a lot of people say eat Ice Cream. I understand its tastey but isn't it highly refined. Be better off just drinking Milk if you're on an old fashioned bulk.

It's not hard lol.
Go to your supermarket and head to the deli section. Get as many chicken thighs as you can
After that cross over to the vegetable section and get some potato, onion, cauliflower and some fresh spices and chillis. Cashews also.
Then head down the isles and get some jasmin rice and some grapeseed oil along with some butter and more spices

Get home and marinade the thighs in baking soda and lemon juice for 30 mins then wash them. Brown them in the pan then put in your slow cooker. Brown up the onions and add in some crushed garlic and chillis along with plenty of crushed cashews and brown that all up and add into the slow cooker. Then add potatoes and make a rojan josh or some other curry spice stock flavour and add it all in with plenty of butter. Slow cook it and serve up with plenty of rice

It's not hard lol.
Go to your supermarket and head to the deli section. Get as many chicken thighs as you can
After that cross over to the vegetable section and get some potato, onion, cauliflower and some fresh spices and chillis. Cashews also.
Then head down the isles and get some jasmin rice and some grapeseed oil along with some butter and more spices

Get home and marinade the thighs in baking soda and lemon juice for 30 mins then wash them. Brown them in the pan then put in your slow cooker. Brown up the onions and add in some crushed garlic and chillis along with plenty of crushed cashews and brown that all up and add into the slow cooker. Then add potatoes and make a rojan josh or some other curry spice stock flavour and add it all in with plenty of butter. Slow cook it and serve up with plenty of rice

That actually sounds really great, I want to make that now.

Drop the grape seed oil if you don't wish to become systematically inflamed, which leads to many chronic and degenerative diseases.

Grape seed fatty acid profile is as follows:

Saturated: 10%.
Monounsaturated: 16%.
Polyunsaturated: 70%.

As evident from the above, it's way too high in the unstable omega 6 fatty acid (70%), and low in the monounsaturated. A better and a healthier path to take would be to choose a slightly processed (used for cooking purposes) olive oil, with its fatty acid profile that is high in the monos....

Saturated: 15%.
Monounsaturated: 70%.
Polyunsaturated: 15%.

While I'm at it, stay away from all the "healthy" omega 3 fatty acids that come from a naked source, especially fish oils....unless of course you wish to age and get all wrinkly before your time. More on that later if need be.

While I'm at it, stay away from all the "healthy" omega 3 fatty acids that come from a naked source, especially fish oils....unless of course you wish to age and get all wrinkly before your time. More on that later if need be.

Can you please elaborate on this? I am drinking loads of fish oil (12mL a day) and so far it's been good for my brain and my joints. I wasn't aware that this is an express pass to the geriatric club! :(

Can you please elaborate on this? I am drinking loads of fish oil (12mL a day) and so far it's been good for my brain and my joints. I wasn't aware that this is an express pass to the geriatric club! :(

Sure,...it's to do with rancidity due to oxidation. With the omga3 fatty acids, what you basically have there is the most unstable fatty acid of all fats you can consume. Please note that in my original comment, I made mention and therefore qualified my remark when I used the word "naked", to describe the state you find that omega3 fatty acid in. In other words, I have no problem with you having fish, fatty fish at that, but great concern once you strip that oil from that fish and market it as something healthy for human consumption. In fish for example, you have all the co-factors that play a huge part in keeping this extremely unstable oil from going rancid, present, available, and intact. Co-factors such as selenium for example, one of the most powerful antioxidant known to men. Besides that, one might argue and say hey, how about we include (in that fish oil capsule) some of those co-factors. My reply is it would be late, way way too late for such an addition. Why? Because oxygen would have gotten to that unstable oil and rendered it unusable due to oxidation.

Rancid fat (aka off fat, ruined fat, call it what you will) is king when it comes to causing cancer, and of course, wrinkles. Look at wrinkles as a tell tale sign that something on the inside is not going well at all. Look at your skin as the mirror to your invisible inner self.

Let me ask you a question. Do you know which nut is the most stable and which one is the most unstable? To get the correct answer, you only have to go as far as to know the fatty acid profile of that nut. So if I say to you that a walnut is a nut highest in omega3 amongst all other nuts, what concern would you have and what precautions would you take? Simple, you make sure you don't ever buy a walnut that has been stripped from its hard shell. Why? Again, we go back to the exposure to oxygen and the way it reacts with that most unstable of all fats, the omega3 fat.

I'm sure you've heard that coconut fat, ghee fat, butter fat, are the most stable of all fats. Well, I'm also sure that you know that these type of fats have a fatty acid profile that describes them as being highest in (you guessed it), saturated fats!

Great, so where do we get our omega3 fats in order to balance them out with that much consumed of all fats, the omega6 types of fatty acids (through all those polyunsaturated oils crowding our supermarket aisle)? Please check page #225 in this thread for a glimpse of what I'm talking about here: Fadi’s corner… let’s have some fun!

I'll leave it here for now, but happy to discuss further if you have anymore questions or concerns re the naked form of omega3 fatty acids. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
I see that you have moved from your chicken wing fetish and onto thighs now. Slowly refining the palate and working up the chicken there dear oni.. lol

I'm not a fan of spiking your insulin then eating a load of fat lol, so the thighs are better for this
Wings are great on their own and tbh thighs are better in curry. They go really tender

Sure,...it's to do with rancidity due to oxidation. With the omga3 fatty acids, what you basically have there is the most unstable fatty acid of all fats you can consume. Please note that in my original comment, I made mention and therefore qualified my remark when I used the word "naked", to describe the state you find that omega3 fatty acid in. In other words, I have no problem with you having fish, fatty fish at that, but great concern once you strip that oil from that fish and market it as something healthy for human consumption. In fish for example, you have all the co-factors that play a huge part in keeping this extremely unstable oil from going rancid, present, available, and intact. Co-factors such as selenium for example, one of the most powerful antioxidant known to men. Besides that, one might argue and say hey, how about we include (in that fish oil capsule) some of those co-factors. My reply is it would be late, way way too late for such an addition. Why? Because oxygen would have gotten to that unstable oil and rendered it unusable due to oxidation.

Rancid fat (aka off fat, ruined fat, call it what you will) is king when it comes to causing cancer, and of course, wrinkles. Look at wrinkles as a tell tale sign that something on the inside is not going well at all. Look at your skin as the mirror to your invisible inner self.

Let me ask you a question. Do you know which nut is the most stable and which one is the most unstable? To get the correct answer, you only have to go as far as to know the fatty acid profile of that nut. So if I say to you that a walnut is a nut highest in omega3 amongst all other nuts, what concern would you have and what precautions would you take? Simple, you make sure you don't ever buy a walnut that has been stripped from its hard shell. Why? Again, we go back to the exposure to oxygen and the way it reacts with that most unstable of all fats, the omega3 fat.

I'm sure you've heard that coconut fat, ghee fat, butter fat, are the most stable of all fats. Well, I'm also sure that you know that these type of fats have a fatty acid profile that describes them as being highest in (you guessed it), saturated fats!

Great, so where do we get our omega3 fats in order to balance them out with that much consumed of all fats, the omega6 types of fatty acids (through all those polyunsaturated oils crowding our supermarket aisle)? Please check page #225 in this thread for a glimpse of what I'm talking about here: Fadi’s corner… let’s have some fun!

I'll leave it here for now, but happy to discuss further if you have anymore questions or concerns re the naked form of omega3 fatty acids. Thank you for reading.

I found this very interesting, and something I have suspected in the past.

So what is the solution??

I'm not a fan of spiking your insulin then eating a load of fat lol, so the thighs are better for this
Wings are great on their own and tbh thighs are better in curry. They go really tender

In some dishes there's just no substitute for thighs. If you're diligent and trim them up well they're extremely low in fat.

I found this very interesting, and something I have suspected in the past.

So what is the solution??

Hello Big Mick,

The solution is don't fall for all the marketing hype. Everyone on this forum, including your good self, knows that we need two fatty acids to survive, and all the rest can be made from those two fatty acids. Which two fatty acids? The omega 6 and the omega 3 fatty acids. The problem we're facing these days is nearly everything has been turned upside down as far as the ratio of how our body prefers these two fatty acids to be. Some experts would tell you that an omega 6 to 3 ration of 4:1 is ideal, whilst others would go as far as saying a ratio of 1:1 is what our body thrive on best. I tend to go with the former, a ratio of 4:1, omega 6 to 3. Having said that, today we are having a ratio (wait for it!!), more like a 20+ of omega 6 to omega 3. And why not, cows that ought to be eating grass (which is full of omega 3) are being fed grains, which are full of omega 6 fatty acids. we eat their meat and their fats, and we get a twisted ratio of omega 6 to 3, and hence, end up with more systemic inflammation, causing chronic diseases that most of the western world has been plagued with...starting with cardiovascular health issues.

Solution? Do not ever add to what is already a whacked ratio of omega 6 to 3, in the form of polyunsaturated vegetable oils.

Never eat naked omega 3 fats such as fish oil, krill oil, flaxseed oil, hemp oil, and all the supposedly "really good and healthy food" that marketers would love to hype up as being good for us. They (the marketers) use the twisted omega 6 to 3 ratio as a reason for us to buy their omega 3 (their naked omega 3) products. These as I've already stated, are the most unstable of all fatty acids a human being can ingest.

You want omega 3 fats? Go eat some leafy greens; go eat some whole fatty fish (the smaller like sardine the better), go eat foods that are intact rather than processed. Corn oil is king when it comes to producing cancer cells due to its ultra high omega 6 polyunsaturated (and therefore unstable) fatty acid profile. But corn is great as a whole food, what with its high amount of lutein, is a formidable carotenoids your eyes would just love you to eat!

Mick, sometimes (just sometimes), it's more so about what you don't eat then what you do eat. I mean you can eat a great diet, but stuff it all up by adding a vegetable oil that is extremely high in omega 6 fatty acids, compounding what is already a twisted ratio of omega 6 to 3 (due to how our slaughtered animals) are being fed. You can add chicken to that to , and perhaps farmed fish.

Egg yolks, organic egg yolks, are some of the most incredible foods you can eat. Make your own full fat natural yogurt: yet another extremely powerful food! leafy greens (with each meal), especially when dairy is included, and never eat no fat dairy, as the diet fashion seems to be dictating these days.

I'll leave it here, ..am happy to clarify and/or expand on any point I've raised above. I've noticed that I began by writing about the ill effects of naked omega 3 fatty acids, and added another closely related topic that is the over consumption of omega 6 fatty acids. Here to share my knowledge, so feel free to ask if you have a question. Thank you for reading.

Hello Big Mick,

The solution is don't fall for all the marketing hype. Everyone on this forum, including your good self, knows that we need two fatty acids to survive, and all the rest can be made from those two fatty acids. Which two fatty acids? The omega 6 and the omega 3 fatty acids. The problem we're facing these days is nearly everything has been turned upside down as far as the ratio of how our body prefers these two fatty acids to be. Some experts would tell you that an omega 6 to 3 ration of 4:1 is ideal, whilst others would go as far as saying a ratio of 1:1 is what our body thrive on best. I tend to go with the former, a ratio of 4:1, omega 6 to 3. Having said that, today we are having a ratio (wait for it!!), more like a 20+ of omega 6 to omega 3. And why not, cows that ought to be eating grass (which is full of omega 3) are being fed grains, which are full of omega 6 fatty acids. we eat their meat and their fats, and we get a twisted ratio of omega 6 to 3, and hence, end up with more systemic inflammation, causing chronic diseases that most of the western world has been plagued with...starting with cardiovascular health issues.

Solution? Do not ever add to what is already a whacked ratio of omega 6 to 3, in the form of polyunsaturated vegetable oils.

Never eat naked omega 3 fats such as fish oil, krill oil, flaxseed oil, hemp oil, and all the supposedly "really good and healthy food" that marketers would love to hype up as being good for us. They (the marketers) use the twisted omega 6 to 3 ratio as a reason for us to buy their omega 3 (their naked omega 3) products. These as I've already stated, are the most unstable of all fatty acids a human being can ingest.

You want omega 3 fats? Go eat some leafy greens; go eat some whole fatty fish (the smaller like sardine the better), go eat foods that are intact rather than processed. Corn oil is king when it comes to producing cancer cells due to its ultra high omega 6 polyunsaturated (and therefore unstable) fatty acid profile. But corn is great as a whole food, what with its high amount of lutein, is a formidable carotenoids your eyes would just love you to eat!

Mick, sometimes (just sometimes), it's more so about what you don't eat then what you do eat. I mean you can eat a great diet, but stuff it all up by adding a vegetable oil that is extremely high in omega 6 fatty acids, compounding what is already a twisted ratio of omega 6 to 3 (due to how our slaughtered animals) are being fed. You can add chicken to that to , and perhaps farmed fish.

Egg yolks, organic egg yolks, are some of the most incredible foods you can eat. Make your own full fat natural yogurt: yet another extremely powerful food! leafy greens (with each meal), especially when dairy is included, and never eat no fat dairy, as the diet fashion seems to be dictating these days.

I'll leave it here, ..am happy to clarify and/or expand on any point I've raised above. I've noticed that I began by writing about the ill effects of naked omega 3 fatty acids, and added another closely related topic that is the over consumption of omega 6 fatty acids. Here to share my knowledge, so feel free to ask if you have a question. Thank you for reading.

Interesting, I pretty much have all that covered just the way I eat normally, eggs come from the chickens that roam in my neighbours yard, eat plenty of greens, salad, I stay away from anything that suggests low fat, but I do not have a lot of dairy, eat almost nothing that has been processed, just eat food.

I think I will be fine then.

Thanks for the explanation.

Need dieting advice!
Hello,
I need a diet plan that is atleast over 3500 calories and could you please put how much is each meal as in the right weighing of food or if need in cup, or tbs. Also i would like it to be high in protein and carbs but least amount of fat, i do eat on average 4-5 meals a day but i never meal prep or anything just go with the flow but i want to start dieting and eating the right amount of calories a day to gain muscle but minamal fat as possible, Thankyou. :)

4000 CaloriesMuscle Diet
4000 CalorieTestosterone Boost Diet
3500 caloriefood plan for endurance athletes.

I like eating leafy greens, corn, and oily fish (maybe not sardines so much but salmon for sure), but feel like I need more omega-3 for my creaky brain. So going by what you're saying, there is no point in getting fish oil in it's naked form because it's destabilised by the time it's on the store shelf? Or not supplement at all and allow diet to take care of itself?

And what can we use to cook with, if polyunsaturated oils are out of the question? I use coconut/butter/extravirgin olive oil but some dishes need more subtlety in flavour than that.