• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Natural Bodybuilder Aaron Curtis Goes Beneath the Muscle!

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
g.jpg

You think you know what motivation is? You have no idea. In this episode, step into the mind of natural bodybuilder Aaron Curtis to understand what drives him to live such a regimented lifestyle that many would consider hell.

Beneath the Muscle - Aaron Curtis - SimplyShreddedTV - YouTube

Fantastic bodybuilder - He used to be on the forums abit (may still be) - so being the forum junkie I am I have pretty much seen shit about him for the last 10 years or so.

I remember when he got done and tested positive - last year or the year before - for 1,3 dim - people were going crazy saying your not natural etc etc haha

Fantastic bodybuilder - He used to be on the forums abit (may still be) - so being the forum junkie I am I have pretty much seen shit about him for the last 10 years or so.

I remember when he got done and tested positive - last year or the year before - for 1,3 dim - people were going crazy saying your not natural etc etc haha

he's on bodybuilding.com often

quite a funny but dedicated guy

very dedicated to his diet/training

From Simply shredded -

What is your diet like?

Clean. I have to eat more calories than most people, currently bulking on 5400cals and I think my last comp prep only got down to around 3500. I eat all my carbs at breakfast/pre training/post training, other meals are more fats/proteins. I like the Paleolithic diet for general health, but as a bodybuilder, I also include a lot of starchy carbs around my training and grains at breakfast.
Current Bulking Diet:
  • Meal 1: 2 cups muesli, 333g low fat plain yogurt, 166g cottage cheese, 1 apple.
  • Meal 2: 250g kangaroo mince, 2 lettuce leaves, 1/6 avocado, 1/2 tomato, 1 celery stick,1 small mushroom, nuts, seeds, apple cidar vinegar, 30ml flax oil.
  • Meal 3: (Pre Workout) 2 cups brown rice (cooked), 270g tuna, lemon juice, sweet chili sauce, 1 banana.
  • Pre Training Shake: 15g whey, 5g BCAA, 20g dextrose.
  • Intra Training Shake: 5g BCAA, 20g dextrose.
  • Post Training Shake: 30g whey, 5g BCAA, and 40g dextrose.
  • Meal 4: (Post Workout) 200-250g chicken breast, 300-400g potatoes, salt and pepper.
  • Meal 5: UPS Pro Form (Meal Replacement).
  • Meal 6: 250-300 steak/chops, steamed veg/salad.
  • Meal 7: 4 eggs, 1/6 avocado, 90g tuna, 30ml olive oil, salt and pepper.
P400, C500, F200. 5400cals.

His diet def reflects his results - you really need to be eating like this (or have crazy genetics) to get results like this.

ASADA - Media#

ASADA gave him a 2 year ban in 2011, so interesting claims.

He has a great physique, but he does look a lot better (bigger) in top pictures than in his bb shows.

Should I be cynical?

I used to train at the same Gym as Aaron for many years and spoke with him a bit, he is certainly a dedicated bloke, can come across as a bit of a knob on the forums and around the place but generally a good guy, he was pretty pissed off at the ban he copped from ASADA in 2011, but he took it on the chin and took the time off as a way of putting on some extra muscle, he also competed with the IFBB once or twice during his ban from INBA.

I think he really has the potential to be one of the best natty bodybuilders in the country always comes in great condition and even in the off season keeps in pretty good nic.

rules are rules, and just shows that even natural bb's push boundaries, sometimes without checking banned list or doing their homework.

rules are rules, and just shows that even natural bb's push boundaries, sometimes without checking banned list or doing their homework.

Exactly, i dont think he was pushing the boundries i just dont think he knew the rules 100%, at the time 1,3 Dim was legal to take out of competition but not in competition and he took it some pre workout the day prior to his comp and hence tested potitive, if he had of stopped taking the same supp a week prior he would have been OK.

Just shows how carefully one must be...

if he can get to 90kg ripped without anabolics in next few years, that would be a great achievement.