• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

N00B needs advice

HumBug

so the story goes, im 23, 5'4(tiny) 66kgs(57 when started), ive been lifting weights 3-4 times a week solid for just under 5 months now, my diet is in check 5 meals 1-2 protein shakes, i take fish oil and a multi. i train my chest/abs mon, biceps/tri/shoulders weds, back/legs sat.
now the problem is that my strength isnt great compairing it to other peoples progression. my dead 90kgx5, bench 53kgx5 and my squats 58x5. so far ive put it down to poor genetics (my height being a give away). are there any tips or something im missing apart from cycling r0ids. any help would be apreciated.
cheers

Last edited:
Your training program is T E R R I B L E!

You can trian like a professional body builder when you are one...

Look for Fadis or PTC Begginer/Novice program eat train sleep and wait patiently for things to occur...

If you think it is bad genetics then get them tested...

I still stand by hormones arnt the be all and end all to strength... I had under range testosterone levels and pulled a 200kg deadlift your levels were probably higher then mine so there is no reason with dedication correct eatng trianing and sleep you can not see your goals...

LOL, noobs, did you think that was directed at you? I did :p

OP, I was the same as you. When I started I think my 1rms were bench 60, squat 80, deadlift 120. Now they are almost respectable.

Find PTC's begginer program and get stuck into it. I did and Ill be forever thankful.

Your training program is T E R R I B L E!

You can trian like a professional body builder when you are one...

Look for Fadis or PTC Begginer/Novice program eat train sleep and wait patiently for things to occur...

thanks for the tips, il deff check that out and give it a shot.

If you think it is bad genetics then get them tested...
this is actually pretty interesting and didnt know it was possible, how would i go about doing this?

thanks for the tips, il deff check that out and give it a shot.

this is actually pretty interesting and didnt know it was possible, how would i go about doing this?

Well if youthink your height is related to hormones then check it out..

If you have a good dr you can get some tests...

IGF-1
tetsosterone ect...

I doubt that it is anything like that though... If you had real issues you would have other signs and symtpoms. Some people are just short.

Gday Humbug. Dont feel bad, most people end up with that program your doing early on.

Then they realise 5 years later that there are girls stronger than them.

There are guys on here with 3-4 years lifting that are not much stronger than you, your not alone.

3 times a week

squat 2 x 20
military press 3 x 8
stiff leg deadlifts 2 x 15
bench press 3 x 8
bent rows 3 x 8
BB curl 2 x 8

Go home.

good luck.

appreciate the help guys!, il post back in a months time with progression.
cheers!

-also, should i be doing those individually or super setting?

Why oh why would you be supersetting?

makes bigger biceps :p
lol but seriously... not great for the strength aspect as u need the CP system to recharge but its a great way to increase cardiovascular levels. :)
i know its not the main aim of the game markos. but it has its purposes :)

(note: just dont superset them all together lol maby in pairs.)

*EDIT* Also noticed u mentioned 2 sets of 20rep squats markos, isn't the program usualy 1 set of 20 reps? 2 sets might be a bit much...

No fancy cool things like supersets. I'm short like you. Your height. Best squat 125k; bench press 90k, deadlift 132.5. Use PTC's program. Always add weight. When you can do three sets of 8 reps at a set weight, add more weight
Posted via Mobile Device

so the story goes, im 23, 5'4(tiny)...
I'm 5'4 and I would stand with the tallest of them; you're tiny if you think you're tiny! There's much more; much much more to you than merely your height. So for me, the story, the real story starts with having the right attitude, for only then you can transform your 5'4 (tiny) into a 7'4 giant!

Fadi.

I'm 5'4 and I would stand with the tallest of them; you're tiny if you think you're tiny! There's much more; much much more to you than merely your height. So for me, the story, the real story starts with having the right attitude, for only then you can transform your 5'4 (tiny) into a 7'4 giant!

Fadi.

Well said Fadi. Your only portrayed as big as your bark is :) make that bark into a rottwheiler instead of a SHITzu..... :p

Yeah I am 6'3 and I think fadi could pick me up and throw me... With one hand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fadi, I didnt know you were a midget lol

The best Oli lifters are short, I figured you for around 5'7"