• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My whole diet in a day + supplements tell me what u think.

thechosenone

This is pritty expensive but i have money to blow so why not.

I was sick for a week so i had time to construct a diet plan to put up on my wall and follow it as best as i can
this is a non training day.

(wake up) Cup of juice , 50 grams dextrose, 5g creatine.

(30 mins later) 2 scoops protein powder +1 packet of Animal Pak vitamin

Meal 1. 400 grams mashed patatoe, 1 can of tuna, 3 cups of skim milk, 2 tablespoons of olive oil

before meal 2 i take 3 grams of d aspartic acid

Meal 2. 100 grams white patatoe, 200 grams of sweet patatoe, 100-200 grams of chicken breast

Meal 3. Can of mushy peas, 2 tins of tuna, 1 cup of milk, 10 grams of BCAA

Meal 4. 300g sweet patatoe, 2 tins of tuna. 2 cups milk

before my lasy meal 3 tablets of test booster TEST BOOSTER COMBINATION - 120 CAPSULES

Meal 5. Half a tub of cottage cheese, bit of chicken breast, 100 grams of broccoli, 2 cups of milk with 10 grams of BCAA and 10 grams of glutamine.

what do u think, i know i wont be able to do this 100% consistent due to work and other things but im gonna try my best Thoughs?

Last edited:
Any particular reason you are eating 5 meals for the day?

It seems boring and bland to be honest. Not much variety and way to many unnecessary supplements. Creatine and Protein powder are the only worth while supplements you are using IMO.

If you have the 'money to blow' why don't you blow it on more whole food types. :)

That is a fair bit of tuna. Won't get sick of it?

Why dextrose first thing in the morning? Why not some natural sugars from fruit or something?

What do you weigh? What are your goals? What are the macro's/cals for your planned diet?

Yer it sounds boring lol oh well ill see how long i can keep it up, 5 meals a day seems like the reasonable amount cause i get hungry way to quick

I weigh 88 kilos i wanna bulk to about 110 then strip all my body fat, im 177cm, I find tuna really quick to eat cause im a slow eater, a 200 grams cut of steak would take me like over 10 mins to chew down lol

Maybe try eating less frequent but larger meals, that will help keep your hunger intact ;)

You are only doing it to your self (making yourself hungry be keeping your Ghrelin levels elevated) by eating 5 smaller meals. Been there and done that :)

I weigh 88 kilos i wanna bulk to about 110 then strip all my body fat, im 177cm, I find tuna really quick to eat cause im a slow eater, a 200 grams cut of steak would take me like over 10 mins to chew down lol
Why don't you focus on GROWING MUSCLE instead of increasing 'weight' then cutting down.

What if you get to 110kgs yet have only put on 5kgs of lean muscle, there is a lot of hard work ahead dropping the excess body fat for a very small gain.

Trying to get to 110kgs from your bodyweight, even if the a large percentage of it is water retention and fat gain, that will take minimum 2 years. You could spend a more productive 2 years on training and dieting and making quality gains than just doing it for scale weight. :)

Why don't you focus on GROWING MUSCLE instead of increasing 'weight' then cutting down.

What if you get to 110kgs yet have only put on 5kgs of lean muscle, there is a lot of hard work ahead dropping the excess body fat for a very small gain.

Trying to get to 110kgs from your bodyweight, even if the a large percentage of it is water retention and fat gain, that will take minimum 2 years. You could spend a more productive 2 years on training and dieting and making quality gains than just doing it for scale weight. :)

I wanna get to 110 kilos with muscle gain man i am lifting weights lol that was just an example of what a non training day would look like

Yeah I understand that bro. Though your daily nutrition really shouldn't be any difference regardless of it being a training day or not :)

But you need to be realistic with your goals and the time frame.

Anabolic Steriod users will be lucky to gain 20kgs in 2 years. So doing it naturally and gaining that amount of lean mass is unrealistic. I'd suggest you read these -

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html

Fat-Free Mass Index in Users and NonUsers of Anabolic-Androgen Steroids - Research Review | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Focus on what you can control, diet and training, and don't focus on body compositioning amounts you can't control ;) Your body composition is a result of your genetics, training and diet.

Isnt building muscle training for str? say my bench press went from 60 kilos to 100 kilos and in that time i put on 10 kilos of body weight wouldnt the majority of that be muscle?.

It sounds terrible, I am not much for variety but it sounds like it would get boring mighty fast. Save money on the supps and listen to Max. Also in regards to 110kg maybe change it to a flexible goal of putting on size each 6 months. Review it with photos each month, bodyweight and bodyfat amounts etc and go from there. Having a end goal like that is great but maybe aim for 100kg at 10% as an upper limit.

Isnt building muscle training for str? say my bench press went from 60 kilos to 100 kilos and in that time i put on 10 kilos of body weight wouldnt the majority of that be muscle?.
That would depend on your diet as to how much was 'muscle' and how much was 'fat' and/or 'water' ;)

Have you read the articles?

I have tried weight goals when I started out and all that ends up happening is that you put on a whole heap of fat. I have learned from that and now make slower gains keeping my fat levels in check.

In then end, play around and experiment do what works best for you.

sorry for thread hijack but MaxBrenner - is there an actual benefit in eating at maintence calories (2500 for me), does it actually recomp?

sorry for thread hijack but MaxBrenner - is there an actual benefit in eating at maintence calories (2500 for me), does it actually recomp?
No problem :) Eating at maintenance after going from either a calorie surplus or deficit will result in body recomp. Continuing at long term eating at THE SAME 'maintenance' will result eventually end in no extra body recomp. With that said though, an increase in LBM will INCREASE YOUR MAINTENANCE calorie requirements. A decrease in LBM or even just Body Mass in general will lead to a DECREASE IN MAINTENANCE calorie requirements. Even with progression in training, there needs to be adequate macronutrient intake to support HYPERTROPHY and to maximise further training and hypertrophy.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say :)

Continual progression in either maximal LBM gains for Body fat reduction will require the necessary calorie surplus or deficit.

As the old saying goes - If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

Last edited:
No problem :) Eating at maintenance after going from either a calorie surplus or deficit will result in body recomp. Continuing at long term eating at THE SAME 'maintenance' will result eventually end in no extra body recomp. With that said though, an increase in LBM will INCREASE YOUR MAINTENANCE calorie requirements. A decrease in LBM or even just Body Mass in general will lead to a DECREASE IN MAINTENANCE calorie requirements. Even with progression in training, there needs to be adequate macronutrient intake to support HYPERTROPHY and to maximise further training and hypertrophy.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say :)

Continual progression in either maximal LBM gains for Body fat reduction will require the necessary calorie surplus or deficit.

As the old saying goes - If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

thanks man.

this diet needs more eggs and red meat.
Less potatoes and more oats
No fruit????
only other veg besides potato and sweet potato is broccoli.
Your veg is not limited to 3 things, corn carrot peas beans, start there, they provide essential vitamins and minerals and are just as important as your proteins carbs and fats.