• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my garage gym

Sporting clubs are better.

I will soon have more additions to my gym, another 2 Olympic bars and another incline bench

What bars are you getting Markos?
I'll be paying for mine when I go to ABC while I'm down for nats.
Posted via Mobile Device

A couple that Adrian wants me to put through the ringer. Its rated quite highly, we'll treat it like we do our other bars, then I'll report back.

I may also have a rack that someone wants me to test out. Room is becoming a real issue now.

I will be moving in a week or two to a new place with my own garage/shed. It is a fair bit longer than a typical 1 car garage and a little wider. Finally I can join this thread. Now all I need is some new equipment since it all won't be sitting out in the rain now.

Dave where are you gonna get your equipment from slash what are you going to get? I'm very tempted these days to move to a home gym so I can properly hit the weights rather than 24/7 gym. Cost is an issue though :(.

I have a lot of equipment already. Average power rack, 230kg standard plates, 2 heavy bags, skipping rope, dumbbell handles, a few shitty bars. It does me for now. I would get bumpers and a good strong rack and a nice bar (which I will get when I have the money). Bumpers protect your bar and the floor as well.

I will pm you a link for a DIY lifting platform which is good to have
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure if you're saying you want to get that squat rack in the link plus a power rack?

I can recommend the Muscle Motion power rack from Gym Direct. Last time I looked the basic one, without lat pulldown, cost $595. It's the rack with heaps of chinning grip variations. Get an FID bench from them, plus oly bar and plates and you're set. Dumbbells too if you feel like it.

DKD, i was going to start with the squat rack, which I can do bench press etc. After a while I was going to save up and get a power rack. Money is a big problem for me because I'm a student. I'm looking hardcore for a job but no luck :(

Good luck with the job hunting mate. Once you get close to enough money for the power rack you might want to consider selling the squat rack on ebay to try and recoup some of what you spent on it. Just a thought.

That's how I justified spending as much as I did on all my equipment...I thought if I wimp out and lose interest I can at least get some of it back on ebay. But I've been at it for 9 months now and am still addicted to it. No chance in hell of selling it. I've got the hots for my garage gym, lol. I still perv at it these days like when I first got it all.

Michael I would save up some more and look at a power rack instead, you are basically spending 350 + interstate delivery and then you will be going for 600 in about 12 months when it can not hold the weight you need any longer. Personally I also like to keep a fair distance between what I can lift and what the rack is rated to, just a safety precaution in case I drop it onto the rack etc.

I will post up the link thursday when I have time to find it.

That's exactly the same as mine man, minus the pulley crap. I only paid like $500~ for mine. Their is a shop just up the road from that place, go vita, and they are really competitive with each other. Just say that shop will do it for this much, how much can you do it for.......... You can get a bagin that way.
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for the advice sticky, I'll head down tomorrow and see what deal I can get out of them. A power rack, bench and a bar with some weights and I'd be set :). I'm excited already

I got my plates and china bar online. I got them way cheaper, even including postage, then I could get locally.

thanks for the advice sticky, I'll head down tomorrow and see what deal I can get out of them. A power rack, bench and a bar with some weights and I'd be set :). I'm excited already
Mate,

Keep us posted on how you get on. I'm looking at putting the same setup in my place here in Brisbane too. I'll check with Adrian first but a local supplier would be quick and easy.

Cheers,
Mike