• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My diet in progress

lol Mick. With the garbage lifts for a 120kg bloke you put up in your journal I would shut up about who lifts.

Lol funniest part is the truth is in the mil press and deadlift everything else is bounces or half lifts.

Lol funniest part is the truth is in the mil press and deadlift everything else is bounces or half lifts.

So another person that watches me??

130kg bench was done paused at Sydeny PYC under comp conditions with Trent calling the lift. 136kg bench was done at home with no spotter after three months of 5/3/1 and came up easy, so lifts are fairly conservative readings as I train by myself and for health and well being not for competition and I have no interst in injuring myself.

Squats are parallel and bejond on every rep including pb's listed, and I guess I will be adding to all the PB's shortly, as my sheduled testing is coming up soon.

However I am still unsure how any of this is relavant to the OP gaining 10kg of muscle......

Last edited:
Would have throught the difference in weight between fat and muscle would have been more than that, you live and learn.

getting a bit more scientific..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16154420
The maximum tetanic tension of skeletal muscle (P(0)) is often estimated based on calculation of physiological cross-sectional area (PCSA). PCSA depends on muscle volume, pennation angle, and fiber length. Studies documenting PCSA in fixed human muscles usually compute muscle volume by dividing muscle mass by density. These studies use a density value of 1.0597 g/cm(3), which was originally based on unfixed rabbit and canine muscle tissue.

blah blah

data yield a density value (mean+/-SE) of 1.112+/-0.006 g/cm(3) in 4% formaldehyde-fixed muscle and 1.055+/-0.006 g/cm(3) in 37% formaldehyde-fixed muscle

1.1 is commonly used for "fat free body" = muscle, bone and organs, but actual muscle, esp with a bit more water content/pumped is probably closer to 1.05-1.06

http://books.google.com.au/books?id...wQ6AEwCg#v=onepage&q=fat density g/cm&f=false

0.9007 for fat tissue from people

so 1kg of muscle, maybe around 952cc
1kg fat, around 1110cc

so fat is 16.6% more volume than muscle
whereas muscle is 14.2% less volume than fat

so for a 100kg dude at 25% fat (25kg), changing 10kg of fat for 10kg of muscle will be a volume difference of only 1.58L

based on 2sqm of skin, that would be an average shrinkage of 0.8mm all over the body...
of course it will be more in some areas than others and still look better :D

/saturdaymorningaftercoffeecalculations

So another person that watches me??

130kg bench was done paused at Sydeny PYC under comp conditions with Trent calling the lift. 136kg bench was done at home with no spotter after three months of 5/3/1 and came up easy, so lifts are fairly conservative readings as I train by myself and for health and well being not for competition and I have no interst in injuring myself.

Squats are parallel and bejond on every rep including pb's listed, and I guess I will be adding to all the PB's shortly, as my sheduled testing is coming up soon.

However I am still unsure how any of this is relavant to the OP gaining 10kg of muscle......

You give shit advice with a lot of conviction but your lifts are average and your still heavy yourself. I just pointed this out for the op benefit.

Also a 135kg bench @120kg be is not great.

The op is fat and your suggesting he put on more weight, that's a shit idea.

I would take the advice of the guys with runs on the board

The funniest part of this thread was bazzas diversion tactics, then big mick commenting on that as a diversion tactic

what is the name of that again? it's like some sort of double red herring, great to watch

The funniest part of this thread was bazzas diversion tactics, then big mick commenting on that as a diversion tactic

what is the name of that again? it's like some sort of double red herring, great to watch

First, fill me in what was my diversion tactic?

Second, don't you have clean and jerk to practice.

You give shit advice with a lot of conviction but your lifts are average and your still heavy yourself. I just pointed this out for the op benefit.

Also a 135kg bench @120kg be is not great.

The op is fat and your suggesting he put on more weight, that's a shit idea.

I would take the advice of the guys with runs on the board

Not sure how my lifts and body composition relate what the OP need to do to achieve his goals?? He has his body and I have mine both operate independently of each other, so what ever my state is does not have any affect on the goals of the OP and what he needs to do to achieve them.

I suggested the OP needs to gain 10kg of mucle to suit his frame, this would result in an overall gain of weight even if he lost his fat, so still can not see where gaining 10kg of muscle is shit advice??

I pointed my weight out to the OP in my original post, so can't see what business it is of yours to point it out or how it relates to the discussion??

You suggest my lifts are average, I would suggest you are way off the mark, I would love you to point out an avaerage person that benches 135kg and squats 170kg, you must live in giant land or something, most average people I see around have trouble walking up a flight of stairs and carrying the groceries inside, hell even take it up a notch and just look at Gym goers in general, bet I still measure up well above the average gym rat.

0ni-ism :D

Reactions: 0ni
oh man this whole thread
well debating anything that is not the topic on hand is a diversion tactic

It will take the OP at least a year to look remotely muscular
He just needs clean diet and to actually start training. Is he losing or gaining weight right now? Chances are he is gaining weight at a very slow rate which is what got him into this situation and his metabolic rate is matched to his caloric intake

So just keeping calories the same, but more protein and less other things and actually training will give great results in 6 months time, as long as training is done every day and heavy, none of this 3x a week 5x5 balonie

After 6 months of this, it is obvious if he needs to eat to gain weight or eat to lose weight as long as diet was clean (clean = free of processed food just for sake of simplicity) and training was very hard, pouring with sweat every time.

It's important not to make diet 100% perfect straight away. I did this for a while and found myself stuck, you're playing all your cards at once so when the crap hits the ventilation you have no where to go from there. At the moment I am making 1 week daily changes, 1 week no changes pretty much. I can do something as simple as chew gum and fat loss will continue, we are talking maybe 20kcal here and it's enough to spur progress. But if you're doing carb nite + lifting, cardio, 100% clean, chewing gum, standing playing video game, etc all at once you stall and you're like "well what can I do now"?

OP needs none of this, just same calorie with more protein and daily resistance exercise for 6 months, then adjustments

20cal is 5 grams of sugar.... a heaped teaspoon maybe? 'jus sayin'
you were stuck because you weren't eating enough.. and everyone told you to eat more, and you didn7t, and didn7t gain any weight, and then jumped on the roids and started eating more and... surprise surprise, eating more made you gain weight :D LOL

chewing gum for weight loss... well I never realised it was so simple :D

So because I stopped logging my lifting it means I don't lift anymore. Right.

Who knows but you have no problem shit canning other peopels training, people that actually have the balls to post up what they are doing for all to see, yet you have nothing to show that would qualify you to make such jugement.

I might respect your opinion more if you actaully showed what your most recent achievenmts were, but all I see you do on this forum is shit can other peoples training, diet and achievements without demonstrating anything that would suggest that you are qualified to make such statements.

Last edited:
oh man this whole thread
well debating anything that is not the topic on hand is a diversion tactic

So 99% of the shit that is in any internet debate. Would you include calling out a persons clean and jerk numbers as a diversion tactic? Then more hilariously not being able to back it up.

Last edited:
at my height, 186cm, to be 100kg, say under 6%, is quite an achievement.

When I was dabbling, albeit at time I did not do much weights, just bounding and callesthenics, I was ripped at 90kg. Had veins everywhere.

Mates who won Mr Aust comps said I was ready to compete in novice bb comps.

I reckon now would struggle to be ripped at 85kg.

Believe me 100kg ripped is still huge. Would not be far off Arnold level of musculature, assuming similar proportions.

Last edited:
Who knows but you have no problem shit canning other peopels training, people that actually have the balls to post up what they are doing for all to see, yet you have nothing to show that would qualify you to make such jugement.

I might respect your opinion more if you actaully showed what your most recent achievenmts were, but all I see you do on this forum is shit can other peoples training, diet and achievemnets without demonstarting anything that would suggest that you are qualified to make such statements.

@%1; has made some great achievemnts here yet you keep hounding him at almost every post he makes. Drugs or no drugs, I don't really care it's his body, but he has disclosed his diet, training, and progress and you just keep harping on about BS.

Mick I don't or try not to(we all start somewhere) can anyone's lifts accept yours just now and Onis for jumping on the gear at a 80kg bench.

I posted my training for a long time. Got sick of it.

I don't care if you don't respect my opinion.

getting a bit more scientific..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16154420

1.1 is commonly used for "fat free body" = muscle, bone and organs, but actual muscle, esp with a bit more water content/pumped is probably closer to 1.05-1.06

http://books.google.com.au/books?id...wQ6AEwCg#v=onepage&q=fat density g/cm&f=false

0.9007 for fat tissue from people

so 1kg of muscle, maybe around 952cc
1kg fat, around 1110cc

so fat is 16.6% more volume than muscle
whereas muscle is 14.2% less volume than fat

so for a 100kg dude at 25% fat (25kg), changing 10kg of fat for 10kg of muscle will be a volume difference of only 1.58L

based on 2sqm of skin, that would be an average shrinkage of 0.8mm all over the body...
of course it will be more in some areas than others and still look better :D

/saturdaymorningaftercoffeecalculations

Heh hehe.
Was not lost on me at all.

Tim.