• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My diet in progress

This is not news, has been around and known even by the old body builders in the 70's.

Well you can eat what ever you want, but research has shown that weight loss is strongest in the morning after you wake up and are fasted, having carbs will instantly spike your insulin, instantly stopping that process. While you can have fat and proteins which will not spike insulin to the same level prolongig the weight loss. Obviously if you have too much fat/protein then this will also stop you losing weight. unfortunatly I remeber reading that eggs can also spike insulin, but this can be reduced by having fat (bacon??) with the eggs.

The research is out there you just need to read it, it's also explained in CBL and Carb Nite along with references to teh scientific studies relating to it, I am at work so can't really find it for you now, but easy enough to look up yourself and have a read.

http://cdnutritionandfitness.com/carbs-are-the-devil/

I still want to see these pics of 110-115kg lean naturals Mick is talking about.

110-115kg at 186cm and 15% body fat gives a FFMI in the 27-28 range. Well above the limit said for natural lifters. Not sure where Mick is seeing all these genetic freaks walking around.

Someone at 120kg natural and the same height is likely to be well into the 20%BF. Not what I would consider lean or healthy.

Mick you said add 10kg WEIGHT, read the fucking post.

I did not only read it I wrote it, unfortunatly you only managed read half of the sentence, and decided to ignore the second half:rolleyes:

Just for your and others reading this information I have quoted it again, may be this time read the whole sentece in it's entirety. I have even bolded the part you did not read or fully understand.

Personally at your height you should be aiming to put on 10kg not lose more weight, but obviously make that muscle not fat:p

Last edited:
unfortunatly I remeber reading that eggs can also spike insulin, but this can be reduced by having fat (bacon??) with the eggs.
Best bacon justification ever! :)

Muscle about 1.06kg per litre, fat about 0.9kg per litre..18% difference only

Last edited:
I still want to see these pics of 110-115kg lean naturals Mick is talking about.

110-115kg at 186cm and 15% body fat gives a FFMI in the 27-28 range. Well above the limit said for natural lifters. Not sure where Mick is seeing all these genetic freaks walking around.

Someone at 120kg natural and the same height is likely to be well into the 20%BF. Not what I would consider lean or healthy.

Don'y have any interest in trawling through persons stats, pretty much look at and footballer over 6 foot or may be look at the US American Footbal Players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Williams_(American_football)

This guy does not look obese yet he is 147kg:eek:

http://t.mensfitness.com/leisure/sports/fittest-nfl-players

Or these guys all over 100kg, all very lean, check out the abs on Terrel Owens, at 6'3" and 230lb, really he is super obese:eek:

I did not only read it I wrote it, unfortunatly you only managed read half of the sentence, and decided to ignore the second half:rolleyes:

Just for your and other reading this information I have again quoted it again, may be this time read the whole sentece in it's entirety. I have even bolded the part you did not read or fully understand.

Oh yes because you can so easily make 100% of your weight gain muscle.

You also left out the part where you said that at 96kg you can't be fat. Lol.

I like how you avoided my posts about your examples being outside what it is accepted that humans can obtain naturally and I even used 15% BF which I don't consider lean.

Someone 100kg 6'2 and actually lean is a going to look big, despite what Mick says. Not all of us want to be a quarter body fat.

Best bacon justification ever! :)

Muscle about 1.06kg per litre, fat about 0.9kg per litre..18% difference only

Never considered as an excuse to eat bacon, but hell I will use it now.

Would have throught the difference in weight between fat and muscle would have been more than that, you live and learn.

Don'y have any interest in trawling through persons stats, pretty much look at and footballer over 6 foot or may be look at the US American Footbal Players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Williams_(American_football)

This guy does not look obese yet he is 147kg:eek:

http://t.mensfitness.com/leisure/sports/fittest-nfl-players

Or these guys all over 100kg, all very lean, check out the abs on Terrel Owens, at 6'3" and 230lb, really he is super obese:eek:

Lol mick. NFL players. Natural status is very dubious, as far as I remember the nfl doesn't even test for growth hormone. Drug use is rife in the nfl and lower ranks.

Jessie Williams would be well into the 20%BF. Not lean in my books. No muscle definition from the pics I saw. Next.

And to top it off how many of us apart from your god like self Mick have the genetics of the elite NFL players. Lol.

Well who here has trained hard enough and dieted strict enough to find out what genetics they have??

So I guess now that you have seen plenty of blokes over 100kg and lean, you are suggesting they are drug cheats or just gifted.

So I could show you a hundred photos and you would still come up with an excuse as to why you can't get to that weight.

This is the issue here isn't it, your own lack of body/muscle mass?? Just beacuse you can't do it, so everyone else that has must be fat or cheating:rolleyes:

Joel is shorter and looks pretty lean and build from what I have seen and keeps himself over 100kg, not sure what his drug use status is though?? (not accusing him of anything, I just don't know).

Last edited:
Well who here has trained hard enough and dieted strict enough to find out what genetics they have??

So I guess now that you have seen plenty of blokes over 100kg and lean, you are suggesting they are drug cheats or just gifted.

So I could show you a hundred photos and you would still come up with an excuse as to why you can't get to that weight.

This is the issue here isn't it, your own lack of body/muscle mass?? Just beacuse you can't do it, so everyone else that has must be fat or cheating:rolleyes:

Joel is shorter and looks pretty lean and build from what I have seen and keeps himself over 100kg, not sure what his drug use status is though?? (not accusing him of anything, I just don't know).

Mick the research done on limits of natural muscle mass was done on elite bodybuilders in the pre steroid era. It's very well accepted. They were hardly mugs in the muscle mass department. Even more recent research hasn't been able to find natural lifters going over this but you think you know heaps of people that do. Lol.

Here is some reading but there is more.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/re...abolic-androgen-steroids-research-review.html

Like I said all along I count 10% as lean. Mick you seem to count 25%BF as lean. That's probably where our differences lie.

Edit. Oh yes Mick I can't get to that weight. I got to 113kg with top abs still showing. I look better and am much stronger now. Lol.

Last edited:
thats JUNK!
Breakfast- omlet, 3x eggs, chicken, bacon, onion, capsicum, and hot sauce. <-- wth is this?
omelette ( how do you cook it ) , 3 eggs, bacon wtf.

I dont care for your calorie count is higher or lower, you can eat more good stuff then what the above is and eat as much as you want get used to the new foods as this is a life long commitment
FIRST
cook only in virgin olive oil, only a little bit.
2nd
e.g Breakfast / un processed oats with little bit of honey / 2 eggs/ 5 egg whites/ banana/ protein shake - make the protein shake e.g skim milk, LSA , protein powder wsi/wpc or even in water and add what you want

mid morning meal - add 5-6 lean steak / 5-6 ounces kangaroo/ steamed vegetables and or rice.
Lunch = brown rice/ chicken breast with salad

Afternoon = have a protein shake with water or snack on your almonds

Dinner = Fish with steamed veggies, add some egg whites, or sweet potatoe.

dont eat PORK / DUCK ... the meats are really fatty have some chicken / turkey/kangaroo/LEAN BEEF

eat more veggies/salads. ( cauliflower/carrots/brocolli/ etc) steam for 1 minute and take it out.

Concentrate on UN PROCESSED FOODS, if it comes in a packet or its far away from its original form dont eat it.
Stick to a natural diet and drink a lot of water. If you have to have sugar have it in the morning, brown sugar

Yes this shit tastes like arse, and yes you will be disgusted but if you going to do it, do it right and it will take you to your goal 90% is diet 10% training !

sorry im harsh but once i saw the bacon and tomatoe sauce i was like wtf

WOT.

Unnecessary.

Tim.

Mick the research done on limits of natural muscle mass was done on elite bodybuilders in the pre steroid era. It's very well accepted. They were hardly mugs in the muscle mass department. Even more recent research hasn't been able to find natural lifters going over this but you think you know heaps of people that do. Lol.

Here is some reading but there is more.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/re...abolic-androgen-steroids-research-review.html

Like I said all along I count 10% as lean. Mick you seem to count 25%BF as lean. That's probably where our differences lie.

Will have a read of your link when I am not at work, always keen to learn more.

Re what I consider lean, for me it's when you have visible abs, but not neccesarely shreadded like a body builder on stage, so probably around 10-15% body fat depending on your build.
This guy looks like what I would consider to be very lean for a day in day out physique:

ajenyma2.jpg

oh oh looks like Bazza is also on Mick's does not lift list

He is number one on the list.

what's your waist measurement [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];

At work and don't have a tape, but pants are generally a size 92 depending on make, legs is really where most pants I buy give out, I went to buy some dirt bike pants a few weeks back and they would not go over my legs, the ones that did were way too big on my waist, I usually wear shorts and cargo pants 98% of the time.

Last edited:
That FFMI is interdasting.

Mine is 21.9
Worked out I could potentially weigh 90kg @8% for 24.9. Haha.

Current LBM(if I can hang on to it all) will get me 90kg @ 17%. :p
Plenty room for improvement!

Tim.