• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My 2014 Crossfit open Log

Hips open at top?
So step up into squat position...?
I cant risk jumping at present with my hammy anyhow. But I can deadlift light...

Tim.

Sorry no squat position just stand it up properly Basically how you open your hips at the top of a deadlift, hips/knees/shoulders inline. Full extention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right.
A few years ago a similar combo was used in the open.
I did that one...
Was an AMRAP.
Dont remember weight but it was constant. The box jumps the same. I killed the deadlifts...but the box jumps got me in the end...I finished on deadlifts with something like 15 seconds left...managed to destroy them and collapsed. :p
Didnt walk right for days.

Tim.

Right.
A few years ago a similar combo was used in the open.
I did that one...
Was an AMRAP.
Dont remember weight but it was constant. The box jumps the same. I killed the deadlifts...but the box jumps got me in the end...I finished on deadlifts with something like 15 seconds left...managed to destroy them and collapsed. :p
Didnt walk right for days.

Tim.

Well I'm in that boat right now, I walk and sit down like a old man, lol

Bahaha! Thats the idea!

Ill give it a run once my hammie heals...
Another week or so Id say. Im going to use milk crates. :p

Tim.

This weeks workout is a chipper, 14min amrap of 60 cal row, 50 toe to bars, 40 9kg wall balls, 30 61kg cleans and 20 ring muscle ups, I managed to get 7 muscle ups out and felt like I was going to die, I will have another go sun or Monday

Nice effort, pretty deceptive workout. I don't have wall balls so I'll probably do thrusters with a 15kg bar

Deceptive is a understatement, the t2b slow you down, the wall balls are like a break and the cleans just destroy you, I couldn't get my heat rate down after the cleans, they fucked me, 7 muscle ups in 2.10mins, usually takes me About 20secs

Good going.

Going to give it a year of crossfit before I go for the open. 2 months so far and down 4kg and up to 2xl across the shoulders

Good going.

Going to give it a year of crossfit before I go for the open. 2 months so far and down 4kg and up to 2xl across the shoulders

I don't mind it, if you get past the negative rumors floating around and actually give it a go, it's quiet fun, I've put on 8kg since starting almost a year ago, I'm pretty sure 90% straight to my legs

Had another attempt today, got onto the muscle ups a minute and 14secs quicker and got 11 out in total, so 4 more then last time, this is easily one of the toughest workouts I've done to date, got all dizzy and felt sick afterwards, good times

Just had a crack, the toes to bar killed me, took a good 5:30 of my time just to get through them, 9mins total time on the row and toes to bar. Had 2mins on the clock when I got to the cleans and got 18 of them, the weren't as bad as I was expecting. Subbed the wall balls for 15kg thrusters. Everything was pretty manageable except for those damn toes to bar. If I did it again I'd break up the toes to bar sooner, I did my final 10 in a minute doing singles.

Just had a crack, the toes to bar killed me, took a good 5:30 of my time just to get through them, 9mins total time on the row and toes to bar. Had 2mins on the clock when I got to the cleans and got 18 of them, the weren't as bad as I was expecting. Subbed the wall balls for 15kg thrusters. Everything was pretty manageable except for those damn toes to bar. If I did it again I'd break up the toes to bar sooner, I did my final 10 in a minute doing singles.
sets of 5 with 10sec break in between will have you finish them in under 3mins, hold 5's as long as you can(hopefully near 40's) then smash out singles staying right under the bar, I went 5's then last 10 went singles and it took me 3.10

Looks about 90% chance of thrusters/burpee workout this week, both movements have been in every open and both movements have not been programmed in crossfit.coms daily workout all week, although theycould mix it up, either way I think with having 5 champs and a large sold out arena for the release, I think it will be a good crowd pleaser some sort of heavy weight with burpees, with a 3rd movement like handstand pushups to break it up a bit