• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mole Removal

Kaz, I've had a few frozen off. Not too painful and they heal up pretty well. Was done by a nurse at my GP's.

getting them frozen off is not a recomended option. I work in pathology and have seen skin tags come back as BCC,

I would get them cut out, if they are remotely interesting, i mean nasty looking

Some can be removed by a shaving them off, leaves limited scaring and atleast you can get a diagnosis..

If they are in an obvious spot either get a shave or punch biopsy first, then an appropriate removal technique can be applied.

If they are nasty and need a wider excission on your face etc, you can go see a plastic, and they will work their magic..

I had one removed on my back, raised red scar now because I continued lifting. Gp said this I'd normal on the back... Just fyi

I had one removed on my back, raised red scar now because I continued lifting. Gp said this I'd normal on the back... Just fyi

I had one taken from my back and it came good. My husband's is raised and red, his was on his shoulder blade.
:)

Rang a few GP's today and the receptionists all told me the doctors dont remove them if they look fine :mad:
Must just be my area!

Rang a few GP's today and the receptionists all told me the doctors dont remove them if they look fine :mad:
Must just be my area!

Ok i think the actuall reason is that medicare wont cover the pathology if its for cosmetic reasons. Dont say its because it looks ugly. Any place should remove it if you want, they wont be able to get it bulk billed for you however..

Tell them a story like its gotten bigger lately, its itchy, sore or being rubbed by your bra..

Thanks Trofius.
Im going to try my usual GP except he doesnt bulk bill for anything and he always seems to want to do 100 tests on things im not complaining about.
ie. Go for Migraine, get pin prick test for diabetes. I believe he is a surgeon.
Im going to be paying from my pocket.

Thanks Trofius.
Im going to try my usual GP except he doesnt bulk bill for anything and he always seems to want to do 100 tests on things im not complaining about.
ie. Go for Migraine, get pin prick test for diabetes. I believe he is a surgeon.
Im going to be paying from my pocket.

I paid $150 all up to have it burnt off

Had one cut off the back of my head last year or something. Saw doctor, made another appointment with nurse at the same clinic, then back a few days later, got 2 stitches then backa few days alter for them to be removed.

Was free (bulk billed)

There was a mole in the power rack doing curls..

I just asked her how long she would be and the mole moved on...

This 'mole' thread had the potential to be so much better :(

PS: A skin cancer clinic doctor will be able to slice and dice where required, but mostly is it's actually needed. Unnecessary surgery might be a private hospital/doctor issue.