• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mirrors - useful or waste of time?

whats that quote.... "if you can explain it easily you dont understand it enough"??

whats that quote.... "if you can explain it easily you dont understand it enough"??

Thank you Callan but no Sir, the opposite is what was said. To be fair and just to Mr. Albert Einstein, he said: “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”

I have respect for Mr. Albert Einstein however, I was not trying to explain anything but rather, all I was doing was to put my point of view forward, and a point of view is not an explanation but rather an opinion… some on here may perhaps mistake an opinion for an explanation of some sort....

...that is fine, we move on …

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thank you Callan but no Sir, the opposite is what was said. To be fair and just to Mr. Albert Einstein, he said: “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
ah when i saw it i must of read it wrong :D hahahaha

I have respect for Mr. Albert Einstein however, I was not trying to explain anything but rather, all I was doing was to put my point of view forward, and a point of view is not an explanation but rather an opinion… some on here may perhaps mistake an opinion for an explanation of some sort....

...that is fine, we move on …

Fadi.

explanation or opinion or what ever you say it was it doesn't matter i never mentioned what i thought i was in either of my posts and it doesn't really matter anyway. My post wasnt an attack of any sort at you if that's what you think.

explanation or opinion or what ever you say it was it doesn't matter i never mentioned what i thought i was in either of my posts and it doesn't really matter anyway. My post wasnt an attack of any sort at you if that's what you think.
No worries, I hear you.

Fadi.

At Fitness First, I initially felt that mirrors were useful to analise your form. (...the mirrors are everywhere at Fitness First)
Since training at PTC I realise you need to train so your form is automated by correct set-up and muscle memory, and not by looking and checking to visually see how you are lifting. (PTC doesn't even have a mirror in the toilets!)

I HATE mirrors.
How can you possibly push up some seriously heavy weight if you analysing what your doing?

If your not practising posing in your jocks, putting your make-up on, or have them attached to your roof, I see no use for them.

Nor should you be pushing heavy while analysing your form but they are very very useful for teaching people how to get into correct technique.especially initially. Hopefully after that they have no more use for them besides checking out their bi's whilst curling and.finding the right angle to make their peak look bigger. Maybe if you looked outside of what you think is right and analysed the idea of a mirror a.bit you could see their use

How the hell is a bodybuilder suppose to analyze his or her progress without a mirror?

Impossible unless you're taking a plethora of photos and videos.

Yes and I exclusively trained at home until a month or so ago.

So now I train at a gym that is wall to wall mirrors and I'm standing in front doing dead lifter whatever and I'm supposed to look away? C'mon let's not argue for arguments sake.
It's not like I stand there and start posing and flexing. FFS

or have them attached to your roof, I see no use for them.

Speaking of mirrors on your ceiling, i installed half a ceiling of mirrors for a lady on Thursday in the city. She also had a pole dance 'studio' out the back which looked like a chicken coup which we put some mirrors in as well. 95% chance shes a prosi

Some mornings at Fitness First, I have been muscled out of spaces for exclusive rights to a section of mirror. However you are definately the odd one out when you train anywhere other than a mirror....

Nor should you be pushing heavy while analysing your form but they are very very useful for teaching people how to get into correct technique.especially initially. Hopefully after that they have no more use for them besides checking out their bi's whilst curling and.finding the right angle to make their peak look bigger. Maybe if you looked outside of what you think is right and analysed the idea of a mirror a.bit you could see their use

I get what your saying, but still disagree.

I often film a client movements so we both can analyse, but its still not quite the same as a mirror.

Each to their own, but as Bazza said, Im yet to hear of ANY S&C coaches to justify the use of a mirror.

At Fitness First, I initially felt that mirrors were useful to analise your form. (...the mirrors are everywhere at Fitness First)
Since training at PTC I realise you need to train so your form is automated by correct set-up and muscle memory, and not by looking and checking to visually see how you are lifting. (PTC doesn't even have a mirror in the toilets!)

Deep, as I'm sure you're aware, Fitness First is geared for bodybuilding (as well as the cardio sections); where PTC is similar to what I was doing at the AIS, and that is lifting the heavies with proper form.

It's actually detrimental to have mirrors where lifting big is the name of the game, however the same cannot be said about bodybuilding, where muscle feel, or mind/muscle connection is at play. For PTC and the like, the best way to check your form is to have it analised and critiqued by someone who knows proper form.

Why do I say that? Because moving your head/neck whilst lifting the heavies is not the best action to do lest one pull some muscle or worse: perform the movement incorrectly, which is the exact opposite of what was intended in the first place, therefore defeating the whole purpose of this whole "form" checking exercise.

Fadi.