• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mike mentzer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-w9J6KZo-c&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Mike Mentzer with Nantucket Nautilus Rock Video[/ame]

Haha i remember watching this a while ago...what the f u ck. he was probably so high on gear he didnt know what was going on ..

Didn't his brother Ray die around the same time as Mike?

I liked reading the old magazines with the Ray/Mike/Casey Viator training sessions.

Yates replaced Viator later on.

Ray passed away 2 days after Mike died - both of them were in their late 40's I think Mike was 47

Casey is still going - he is a personal trainer and does a lot of online programming for clients

That dude had alot of thickness too.

No wonder the Mentzer principles worked well for himself, Casey and Dorian.

It wouldn't surpise me if wrestler Chris Benoit followed a Mentzer system.

That dude had alot of thickness too.

No wonder the Mentzer principles worked well for himself, Casey and Dorian.

It wouldn't surpise me if wrestler Chris Benoit followed a Mentzer system.

Casey followed Arthur Jones principles not Mikes (Mike's heavy duty principles were adopted from Arthur Jones - Casey actually felt that Mike's Heavy duty approach was far too little volume as did Arthur)

It's quite difficult getting the facts as back in 1975 to 1990 at Nautilus it was a crazy period and things were slowly getting too big for Arthur to handle, he became pissed of with people ripping him off, suing him and in general he was disliking body builders more and more.
Casey was trained directly by Arthur, he went on to be the youngest ever mr America
Casey moved on because the weider circus had ostracized Arthur, Casey had a need to detach himself from him, move to California and trained with menzter.

Mentzer and his brother did train under Arthur until he found out the menzter had been taking steroids against arthurs instructions, stories of Arthur beating up a bodybiulder behind the shed.
Arthur instructed security not to let him back in the place.

I feel the if Casey had stayed at nautilus he would have gotten even better, the steroids stuffed him up.

Arthur sold nautilus and started medx, keiser bought the europeon rights of Arthur

Last edited:
It's quite difficult getting the facts as back in 1975 to 1990 at Nautilus it was a crazy period and things were slowly getting too big for Arthur to handle, he became pissed of with people ripping him off, suing him and in general he was disliking body builders more and more.
Casey was trained directly by Arthur, he went on to be the youngest ever mr America
Casey moved on because the weider circus had ostracized Arthur, Casey had a need to detach himself from him, move to California and trained with menzter.

Menzter and his brother did train under Arthur until he found out the menzter had been taking steroids against arthurs instructions, stories of Arthur beating up a bodybiulder behind the shed.
Arthur instructed security not to let him back in the place.

I feel the if Casey had stayed at nautilus he would have gotten even better, the steroids stuffed him up.

Absolutely - imagine what a monster Casey could have become if he had stayed training with Arthur (not that he wasn't a monster already but just imagine). Still think Ray Mentzer was one of the strongest bodybuilders around.

Arthur always carried a colt automatic pistol.

From what I read Casey was and still is a very strong person.
Arthur believed Casey was the best built bodybuilder he'd ever seen, Arthur had an amazing ability to look at a person and tell if there was potential.