• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Microwave rice

vovo

Hey

Is there a reason why these are not good for you?

A few years back when I was last watching what I was eating, I used to boil up a large batch on sunday, then split it up into portions for the week (tupperware or ziplock bags) and that was great.

However now I am significantly more busy and the convenience of the microwave rices are appealing. I have tried smart rice, sun rice, uncle bens and tilda.

I generally stick to the smart brown rice or the sun brown rice.

Any reason why I shouldn't, these allow me to have a reasonably healthy lunch at work. Tuna, Frozen veggies and microwave brown rice.

Well for sarters its rice

2nd of all the GI content is about 20 points higher then normal white rice. I think packet rice is about 110.

It is a processed food.

You have to cook it in a microwave.

Thanks Noobs,

I was under the impression it was just a pre cooked and vaccuum sealed product.

Any food I want at work will have to be micro waved if I want it hot. pretty sure I could eat the rice and tuna cold but frozen veggies not so much.

Thanks

Whats wrong with rice? All the Asians eat it and they seem to be pretty healthy?

Do you eat the rest of the diet they do?

Have your ancestors been adapted to eating that food for more generations then you can count?

Do you want to have the body of an asian?

It all comes down to sugar control. Things that dump sugar quickly into the blood stream turn on insulin resistance and inflamation genes. Sugar control is the key to longevity and health.

Im not saying rice is bad. A few things.

1.It has to be timed well
2. It has to fit into your goals
3. It has to be a whole rice not some bastardised milled processed vaccume sealed rubbish.

By your logic i saw a slamin hot girl smashing down mars bars and maccas the other day, she looked healthy therefore that is healthy behaviour.

Keep in mind what you percieve as health is an image that ay not exactly be what health is. You can not see cellular respiration or oxidative stress however you can see the effects of it. I see healthy looking people smoke and drink and take drugs but they are not healthy.

Do you eat the rest of the diet they do?

Have your ancestors been adapted to eating that food for more generations then you can count?

Do you want to have the body of an asian?

It all comes down to sugar control. Things that dump sugar quickly into the blood stream turn on insulin resistance and inflamation genes. Sugar control is the key to longevity and health.

Im not saying rice is bad. A few things.

1.It has to be timed well
2. It has to fit into your goals
3. It has to be a whole rice not some bastardised milled processed vaccume sealed rubbish.

By your logic i saw a slamin hot girl smashing down mars bars and maccas the other day, she looked healthy therefore that is healthy behaviour.

Keep in mind what you percieve as health is an image that ay not exactly be what health is. You can not see cellular respiration or oxidative stress however you can see the effects of it. I see healthy looking people smoke and drink and take drugs but they are not healthy.

n00bs, I am Asian lol. But thanks, those are some very interesting points you made!

Last edited: