• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Melanotan"

Really?? Why was mine cancelled.. they did refund me on the spot at least. I ordered on the 25th of Aug 2013, and the order was cancelled on the 27th of Aug. Maybe I'll just try again.. Has anyone else had their orders cancelled?
Actually try again now, I just read somewhere they were only shipping to loyal customers for a while now they seem to be back to shipping to everyone.

Hey guys, I've been talking to the customer service manager from PP (helpful guy), and apparently they have no plans to distribute in Aus any time soon. Having read this thread, perhaps he was telling me that as I would have been a first time customer? Either way, I was refunded instantly when my order was cancelled so there's nothing to lose by giving it a shot.

I use 1mg a day. And yes it slowly gets out of your system but since I first did it my normal tanning has gotten better but still way better when I am on mt2

Hey guys, I've been talking to the customer service manager from PP (helpful guy), and apparently they have no plans to distribute in Aus any time soon. Having read this thread, perhaps he was telling me that as I would have been a first time customer? Either way, I was refunded instantly when my order was cancelled so there's nothing to lose by giving it a shot.
Hmm seems really odd, I ordered on the 4th Sept and had no problems. I actually sent an email before I ordered asking if my order would be cancelled and they said no. Maybe they are only shipping to people who have ordered from them previously? I have an account with them and have had 3 previous orders with them.

Maybe they can't keep up with the demand from non loyal customers since the stuff I would imagine be hard to import into the country since customs have gotten tighter on it? hopefully I can order more down the road as well.

There is a company in the US though that is shipping to Australia with a decent success rate passing through customs, you can pm me if you want more details on it.

Hmm seems really odd, I ordered on the 4th Sept and had no problems. I actually sent an email before I ordered asking if my order would be cancelled and they said no. Maybe they are only shipping to people who have ordered from them previously? I have an account with them and have had 3 previous orders with them.

Maybe they can't keep up with the demand from non loyal customers since the stuff I would imagine be hard to import into the country since customs have gotten tighter on it? hopefully I can order more down the road as well.

There is a company in the US though that is shipping to Australia with a decent success rate passing through customs, you can pm me if you want more details on it.

That would be great! I don't have 10 posts yet, so could you PM me? I'll get 10 posts soon so that I can reply. I've found a couple of local suppliers but the products are either dodgy looking, expensive as hell, or both.

Yeah I was disappointed about PP - they even say on their website that they serve Australia. I think you're right about customs getting tougher on it. I'll probably place a couple of orders in low quantities (1 or 2 vials) to increase my chances of something getting through.

Hey, ive come across this stuff? what are the results like? and sint it really bad for your liver/kidnies????

I tan without burning really really easily, however work 50 plus hrs a week in doors and its wimter so im whiter than a ghost! what do u have to do to"activate:" it and its injectable right?

Hey, ive come across this stuff? what are the results like? and sint it really bad for your liver/kidnies????

I tan without burning really really easily, however work 50 plus hrs a week in doors and its wimter so im whiter than a ghost! what do u have to do to"activate:" it and its injectable right?

Haven't used it myself, but I've done a lot of research on it. Results are impressive, and if you tan easily it won't take much. As far as I'm aware, there are no reported kidney/liver problems - those problems are usually associated with orals.

It's UV activated, so tanning beds or sun bathing are required to a degree, but you won't need much exposure for results. Most legit forms come lyolized in vials, meaning you have to reconstitute the peptide with bacteriostatic water. You inject subcutaneously with an insulin needle ED or EOD for loading, and then weekly - monthly to maintain.

where is the best place to inject? what is the average price? I would love to be tanned minus the fake tanning all year round! is there a recommended site? and if you buy online overseascan you get it through customs?

Abdominal fat is the best place to inject, particularly the love handles. Best practice is to rotate injection sites each time to avoid a build up of scar tissue and/or localised hyperpigmentation.

You can't ask for a source on these forums (it's in the rules), and I'm having difficulty finding a decent domestic source. Personally, I'm going to try my luck with customs. As far as prices, I've seen domestic as high as $275/vial, but in the US it's around $50/vial.

Ohh geez sorry i didnt realise we wernt allowed to ask for souces! Im new im new! I remember a year or two ago they had something on the news about it, apparently its supposed to prevent skin cancer? Has it been FDA approved?

Ohh geez sorry i didnt realise we wernt allowed to ask for souces! Im new im new! I remember a year or two ago they had something on the news about it, apparently its supposed to prevent skin cancer? Has it been FDA approved?

It was developed by the University of Arizona as a way of protecting against melanomas - it's an analog of a-MSH, a hormone that occurs in our bodies and binds with melanocortin receptors to stimulate pigmentation. Melanotan is approximately 1000 times more potent than a-MSH, however! The theory behind it is that if you stimulate pigmentation at an elevated rate, you're less susceptible to sun damage.

There are 2 types of melanotan - one of them only produces pigementation (Melanotan-I) by binding to a certain MC receptor (I forget which). The other (Melanotan-II, the most commonly consumed of the two) binds to MC5R, which also affects inflammation, libido, appetite and energy homeostasis.

Melanotan is not FDA or TGA approved, but I believe there are trials underway here in Australia to produce a tanning implant and nasal spray - though this could be the Melanotan-I varient, I'm not sure. The only studies that I've found for Melanotan-II were based around impotency!

This is all from memory, btw, so I'd recommend doing your own research if you're seriously considering it.

It was developed by the University of Arizona as a way of protecting against melanomas - it's an analog of a-MSH, a hormone that occurs in our bodies and binds with melanocortin receptors to stimulate pigmentation. Melanotan is approximately 1000 times more potent than a-MSH, however! The theory behind it is that if you stimulate pigmentation at an elevated rate, you're less susceptible to sun damage.

There are 2 types of melanotan - one of them only produces pigementation (Melanotan-I) by binding to a certain MC receptor (I forget which). The other (Melanotan-II, the most commonly consumed of the two) binds to MC5R, which also affects inflammation, libido, appetite and energy homeostasis.

Melanotan is not FDA or TGA approved, but I believe there are trials underway here in Australia to produce a tanning implant and nasal spray - though this could be the Melanotan-I varient, I'm not sure. The only studies that I've found for Melanotan-II were based around impotency!

This is all from memory, btw, so I'd recommend doing your own research if you're seriously considering it.

Okay, so i think i will look into it more. So can you choose between purchase the I or II ? And what are the side effects of the II ? You said libido and appetite? Does it increase or decrease? Im vary of taking certain things, and usually get all the side effects :O

Okay, so i think i will look into it more. So can you choose between purchase the I or II ? And what are the side effects of the II ? You said libido and appetite? Does it increase or decrease? Im vary of taking certain things, and usually get all the side effects :O

Side effects:

-Increased libido
-Suppressed appetite
-Inflammation control (widely reported to help with acne, but MC5R also influences sebum production so it could go either way, in theory)
-Nausea immediately after injecting, usually goes away within in 30 mins
-Risk of hyperpigmentation, especially around new scars
-Moles and freckles will darken, but the rest of you will catch up
-Hair darkens

These sides all reverse once you've come off, and the nausea subsides after a while - you become desensitized. I'd recommend loading very slowly and assessing any changes carefully. Where are you on the Fitzpatrick scale? If you're high up, there can be one or two other sides.

I have been taking advantage of the great weather the past few weeks and have been tanning and actually have been getting progressively darker without the assistance of melanotan. I mean that sounds normal to most people but for me before I took melanotan I would just burn in 15 minutes flat and never tan at all. Now for me I will probably just mostly be using it to get dat dark stubble since my tan aint that bad atm. Does Melanotan stay in your system for months even after you stop using it? I mean my tanning abilities are no where near as good as they were when I was on it but they are a lot better then what they were before I started using it.

Also what dosage is everyone using? 1mg a day?
Not a bad idea, I am using a small dose .025 or thereabout every fortnight, and even monthly. If you use a bronzing lotion you can help the process a little. When the weather heats up it isn't bad to use mt2 for sunprotection, also the stuff makes you very randy.

Im type III skin type- light brown ... Which sounds about right except for the fact i hardly see sun so look ghostly atm :O lol

And how randy does this stuff make u?????

Im type III skin type- light brown ... Which sounds about right except for the fact i hardly see sun so look ghostly atm :O lol

And how randy does this stuff make u?????

If you don't have a boyfriend, buy batteries...lots of them

It's being developed as a drug to remedy sexual dysfunction in men and women, so it's safe to say it'll make you randy.

Skin type III should be fine, but higher up on the scale you can be prove to pigmentation in areas such as lips and genitals. It's worth covering these with zinc when tanning, and covering exposed areas day to day if you'll be in the sun, else you WILL end up with some ridiculous tan lines!

Hahahaha well im sure my bf wont be complaining then ;)

And does it make u orange or more brown? My biggest fear is ending up looking like an orangutan!!! :O

Hahahaha well im sure my bf wont be complaining then ;)

And does it make u orange or more brown? My biggest fear is ending up looking like an orangutan!!! :O

It only stimulates you to produce more of your own melanin, so you shouldn't turn an unusual colour...unless you're ginger. Red heads have a different variant of melanin called phaeomelanin, which WILL make them go orange. Melanin gives your hair colour as well as your skin, so basically orange hair = orange skin.

Wow that would suck so much to be a ginger right now ! No deffinatly not ginger so i should be all good! Still want to research more about side effects etc but im deffinatly interested! It would be nice to have an epic tan minus the tan lines or classic tan build upfrom fake tan! Lol

Wow that would suck so much to be a ginger right now ! No deffinatly not ginger so i should be all good! Still want to research more about side effects etc but im deffinatly interested! It would be nice to have an epic tan minus the tan lines or classic tan build upfrom fake tan! Lol

There is a melanotan forum with thousands of members, that would be a good place to start your research. There are user logs with before/after photos and you'll find plenty of info on the side effects. I'm probably not allowed to post links but you'll find it easily with a google search.