• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's trip to the Worlds

Nick actually gave us some, and we have some at home.

He has no trouble sleeping, just resetting his body clock.

We went to Applebys for dinner tonight, Ricky Bobby wasnt there.

I had another burger, + 4 pepsi refills, Max had the chicken ceaser salad.

we then went to Wal Marts, open 24/7, OMG.

We got 24 bottles of water @ 10c each
24 cans of Diet Mountain Dew at 20c each
3 jars of Peanut butter and jelly, my girls love it
A t shirt for my nephew Miller
Tub of Hargan Vaaz
Tub of another vanilla ice cream
8 single serve pre mixed Muscle Milks at $1.80 each
4 spoons for $1
September issue of Muscular Development (we got October in LA and August in Oz)

All that came to just $47

Nina, Max and I will get on here at 3.30pm your time, if you want to talk to us then, stop banning the girls from Maxbook.

Nick actually gave us some, and we have some at home.

He has no trouble sleeping, just resetting his body clock.
That's what they're used for Markos. Get him to take 4-6 before bed and he should feel better in the morning.

Max is still struggling with jet lag. He cant eat breakfast, so I eat both and he slept 80% of the way from St George to Idaho Falls, around 7 hours.

He cant understand how I just keep eating, get by with little sleep, never get sick, he has a theory where he thinks I may just be a Great White lol

Jet lag takes time :(
Melatonin (3mg instant dose) may help him with his body-clock, but if you want some make sure its pharmaceutical grade (ie. synthetic). But that's completely upto him as it may not be a good idea if he's never used it before. EDIT: Take 1/2hour before going to sleep

The other, easier one is to ensure that after waking he sees the sky / sunlight, blue light for at least the 1st 1/2hour or 1hour after waking. This causes melatonin levels to decrease, serotonin levels to increase, and assists the body clock in adjusting.

You probably already know all this so feel free to ignore it :p

By the way, there is a known genetic mutation that allows people to sleep less than normal, but its normally around 6hours/night, so you might have a special variation...

The stories are interesting, enjoy the trip!

Last edited:
Xanax, melatonin, natural light and exercise will fix the jet lag.

Seriously how f##king good is travel?

Last edited:
I was on here for over an hour Sean, my watch has Idaho AND Frankston time lol.

Max slept and ate better last night. Weigh in is in 5 minutes.

They have 3 massive rooms for the comp, this place is incredibly up market.

they have furniture in the rest rooms better than I have at home.

Jet lag is for the weak looking for excuses, I managed to do massively heavy close grip benches at Golds on Monday with no issues lol

I will get on here and post Max's weight in a few minutes.

Max just weighed in at 79.5kg

His openers at the moment are 165/105/210kg, but that may change when he starts warming up.

someone organise an Ausbb US and A road trip!

Thailand is the only option!

Jet lag is for the weak looking for excuses, I managed to do massively heavy close grip benches at Golds on Monday with no issues lol

I will get on here and post Max's weight in a few minutes.

Oh yeah I forgot you're superman!

Smash it maxxie, bring us back some gold!
Posted via Mobile Device

Well we made some new friends today.

Mason is 159.9kg, 18yo, a native of Michigan

Lindsey is 48kg and competing in 3 lifts, strong girl from Nth Carolina

Dawn is another impressive lifter from Chicago

Max, Dawn, Mason and Lindsey are being interviewed tommorow for a television show, they had footage taken today.

Mason took us out to dinner tonight, very nice man, He is double Max's weight at the same age, he is looking at a 190kg bench.

We ate with the owner of Monster Garage, very experienced lifter.

The rooms are set up, around 150 lifters, seating for over 100 people, ramp from the warm up room to the tall stage, awesome trophies, best I've seen.

Hi im mason im bigger than max he disappears behind me. We both got mistaken for 25 year olds at Applebees. I wanna get my own trophy tomorrow.

Lindsey Craft

Mason

dawn2.jpg

Dawn benches 80.5kg @ 67.5kg class, WR holder

The place is full of lifters now, its really exciting.

Super friendly, everyone helping each other, some very big guys, very big.

We have Canadians, Americans, Russians and Max lol

We met a young girl called Geri Cunningham, bench only, only lifts equipped.

At 44kg she has benched 110kg as a teen. She is the same age as Max

Her dad, has benched 225kg @ 82.5kg equipped, that was a few years ago, I think he has done more since.

Both are superb benches. They are trying to convince Max to arch and wide grip, I'm not sure on how well theyre going though, Geri is not competing, she refuses to lift raw.

They were shocked at his archless close grip bench lol

Mason, Lesley and Max are all Maxbook friends now, I have a feeling he is going to round up a few more before we leave.

The trophies are so big, they wont fit in our luggage, not sure what we'll do if he happens to win one.

i cant believe he is being interviewed for TV, what a fruity ass.

He has eaten A LOT of food today, Mason is pushing him a bit, they get on really well.

One waiter pegged Max as 28 and another at 25, funny shit.

Lesley is 22 and got asked for ID, Max was told he wouldnt be asked, the waiter was shocked when we told him Max was 18.

Mason looks 30 with his beard lol, he digs dead people, going to be a mortician

Some of the Russians are huge, and the guys even bigger. Funny at weigh in this morning, very funny, very, very funny.

They are re writing the rule book in the morning regarding the deadlift bar. apparently no one from WPC was aware it stated the bar had to be 7', we measured the bar and its 7'6". We explained that we used a 7' bar at our Nats because of their rule book.

They said they had always used a 7'6" deadlift bar. It would be nice if someone read the rule book. All our lifts were done with a 7' bar at Nats, valuable kg wasted. Good news is that we will be able to use it from now on. They are meeting at 7.00am to change the rule.

We have 3 monolifts, same as Nats, but the stage is around 80cm high, so the crowd can easily see, the Head Judge sits in a massive high chair, the warm up room is behind the lifting area, closed off, with just a ramp leading up, no steps, its a VERY proffesional set up.

Mike Lambert provided boxes of Powerlifting USA, I got stacks of issues....awesome, Nina will be wrapped.

Its 12.30am here, Max has been upstairs sleeping for hours, he would be well over 80kg tonight with the ammount of food he ate.

Muscle Milk upon awakening.
Weigh in
Large steak
Muscle Milk
Chicken Ceaser salad
Muscle Milk
Some chicken pasta dish

The meals are HUGE in the States, nothing like home, the US know excess.

Max is still stunned by how friendly everyone is over here, from lifters, TV reporters, waitresses, organizers, everyone we meet really.

If they are held here next year, Mike and Linda are bidding, I want a massive entry list from PTC and Australia, we'll be able to plan from further out, not last minute, only spewing Nina and the kids cant be here.

Jesse, the Chicago guys are cool, none of them know who Derrick Rose is, I'm not shitting you lol