• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's trip to the Worlds

Okay, were in LA, can someone ring Nina and let her know were fine, it would be easier to get a bomb through customs than ring home from here, unbelievable.

Ring Nina please.

homeland security paid you a visit yet?? :p

hey markos mr destiny is on tv watching it as i type,it came out 20years ago as you know when you were in the states last time....crazy ha.

sticky hug please

You boys get much sleep on the plane?
Posted via Mobile Device

Farkin impossible in those small made for midget seats. Then they go and sit a fat lady besides you!!!

Sounds like golds was interesting. Hope he liked it

Okay, lots of info today.

Firstly Nina, miss you too, were at the Hilton Gardens in St George. I'm embarrased to tell you how good it is, but I'll go back to the start.

Getting through customs in the USA is worse than anything you can think of. Its shit. The plane trip was excellent, I cant speak highly enough of Virgin Airlines, they were superb.

Everyone gets a screen and a massive selection of movies to watch.

I watched, in this order, Animal Kingdom, Out of you league, Blind side and Death at a funeral. Blind side was by far the best.

Max slept like a log, I got a solid 17 minutes. The food on the plane was sensational, I'm not kidding. Max didnt get off his seat once, I got up to piss 5 times.

It took well over an hour to get through customs in the US. We even got finger printed. When we got out, a shuttle pics you up and takes you to the car rental place. At the last minute I decided to get a GPS unit, best decision ever.

We drive out, and the GPS is not working. Luckily I worked out how to get back, via a trip through Inglewood and Crenshaw lol.

The recpetion was blocked, we got it reset and we were finally on our way to Venice Beach.

First stop was the Firehouse. We both got the BBQ Chicken burger, with chips and around 6 bottomless glasses of diet coke, while watching the US v Brazil basketball game.

Then it was off to Golds Gym. I got you 2 really nice T Shirts that Summer will pinch for sure. I got Sean and Spiros shirts with the cash they gave me, and Max got a real special one that Dim will try and pinch, trust me. Max got some nice pics and had a nice chat with Will Harris.......massive, massive man.

We then drove up Rose Ave and found a motel. Nina, it makes the ones we stayed in last time seem like Buckingham Palace. Here is a clue, neither I nor Max slept under the covers, we left our street clothes on and laid on the bed spread. we got toiletries from a superb fresh food market accross the road. Cinnamon flavoured toothpaste is so good I'm going to try and smuggle it back.

I was up at 6.00am this morning, got Max up and showered, and we went straight to Golds Gym to train. Yes I lifted too.

To say that Golds in Venice would rate a 3/10 is being generous. Take the Pros out, and its a 1/10.

They have 4 power racks, cheap flimsy ones. When we finally got one, none were being used for squats, Max put on his shoes and began. He only went to 3 wheels, 315lbs, around 142.5kg, a triple, rock bottom. The PT beside him came over and said nice work, then a big guy training beside him came over and said great squatting. WTF. I guess they dont see much ATG squatting anymore, its embarrasing.

Next he did some benching, chins, some machine rows and finally some cleans. They have an old shitty platform tucked away at the back of the gym. A big guy was cleaning 135lb (62kg). Max joined in, he went to 185lb ( 85kg), they guy was impressed. I told him Max cleans 265lbs (120kg) he was impressed. He trains for Rugby after having been cut from the Lions gridiron team.

Another chat with Will, then back to the Firehouse, egg, bacon, cheese muffin with awesome potatoes. We then hit the road at 9.30am for St George in Utah.

We stopped for gas and food in Vegas. Nina, it has REALLY changed.

We got into St George at 4.30pm, you lose an hour from California.

The Hilton Gardens in St George is mind blowing. Wait till you see the pics. The one in Venice was $90, this is $109. We are in a bussiness centre with 2 computers and going nuts. We are in room 429, its that big, massive pool and all the luxuries.

We went into town for a Pizza and watched a movie, The other guys with Will Ferrel and Marky Mark, quite funny.

They have a Golds Gym in St George, 10 times better than Venice, no merchandize though.

Tomorrow morning we take off for Idaho Falls, around 7 hours, but I sat on 150-180kph all the way from LA, so we should make it a little quicker.

The car we got is a Ford Focus. We found satellite radio, Max has been listening to old school hip hop the whole trip, he is rapt.

Nick we didnt take your drugs, I'll bring them back.

I tried ringing from this motel, no luck, we have somehow mucked up the city code, I tried everything without luck.

We went to the boardwalk this morning, not much happening, so we left.

Max's impression of Venice: It makes Grand Theft Auto the most realistic game EVER.

Keep squatting Spiros.

Keep farting Dave.

I'll come back on later, 10.25pm here, 2.25pm over there.

Its 96 degrees here, thats around 35 celcius, damn.

thanks markos for keeping all updated on your travels , glad you shared the piss breaks too lol

2 minutes out of Vegas, I couldnt hold on any longer, I pulled over on the side of the freeway and pissed for a solid minute, not behind a tree, its a desert remember, on the side of the freeway, with trucks blowing their horns.

The size of the large soft drinks at Wendys are so big, Max had to spot me when I picked it up, we took pics, it must be 5 litres lol.

The free refills you get in the States for all soft drinks is the best. I had 6 at Firehouse with dinner, 4 with breakfast, NOBODY would ever get a refill at Wendys unless they were putting out a bushfire with it, 4 with Pizza tonight, I love it.

Sign on the door at the Cinema's in Utah said: NO FIREARMS ALLOWED IN CINEMA.

How stupid is that.

This for Kyle. There are as many PT's at Golds Venice as there are lifters. Its amazing.

The place is still full of nut jobs, just like it was 20 years ago. Tits without silicone must now be considered fake, as they are in the minority.

You see more females with muscles there than any other gym, not huge muscles, but clearly obvious development from weights.

I think the PT's must have a comp on who can get there client to do the most moronic exercise or stretch. One guy had this nice looking girl laying face down on a bench, her legs contorted, while he pushed on her ass, I'd get slapped twice if I did what he was doing, one by the girl and one by Nina. And I'd have to charge Dave extra to watch.

The size of the large soft drinks at Wendys are so big, Max had to spot me when I picked it up, we took pics, it must be 5 litres lol.

The free refills you get in the States for all soft drinks is the best. I had 6 at Firehouse with dinner, 4 with breakfast, NOBODY would ever get a refill at Wendys unless they were putting out a bushfire with it, 4 with Pizza tonight, I love it.

BAHAHAHAHAHA
Gold!

This is bothering me at the moment. We have 1 calender month to get our WR lifts recognized by the WPC. Its 3 weeks on Saturday and plenty of work to be done before they get to the WPC. I doubt any will make it in time.

It also creates a dilemna for Max. Currently the total record is 475kg, and the individual lifts records are low. We know Mitchell did 532.5kg at the Nats. I dont think ANY of the lifts will get recognized, this will piss off 5 lifters from PTC plus a shitload of lifters from around Australia.

Duplicate copies of fully completed world record applications, signed by the three
referees, must be sent separately to the World Records Register and Head of the
WPC Technical Committee (as indicated on the Record Application Form) within
one calendar month of the date of the record being set. A copy of the official score
sheet must also accompany both record applications. For Teenage, Junior and Master world records proof of age must be satisfactorily established and attested to by the adjudicating WPC referees. If such proof was not available when the world record was established, it is the lifter’s responsibility to furnish such proof (copy of birth certificate, passport, drivers license) independently to both the World Records Registrar and Head of the WPC Technical Committee, before the record can be ratified.

This for Kyle. There are as many PT's at Golds Venice as there are lifters. Its amazing.
So each PT has less than one client each? That reminds me of a few PTs I know.

Funny descriptions, keep 'em coming, and good luck.

Sounds like u guys r having fun.

If Gold's Venice is so shit why are there so many pros lifting there?

Btw good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

and Max got a real special one that Dim will try and pinch, trust me.

If its that good, let me know ur bank account details and i'll transfer you money for it haha..

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time, must be an amazing feeling to be back there again Markos :)

Good luck guys, look forward to the next update.
-dims

Hey blood sounds like you and the kid are having a ball,give my t shirt to the dave and bring me back one of those chicks with the fake boobs you know how i love my girls to have them......dave was going off like a cracker last night and il keep squating.....sticky e hug please.

Here you go Spiz

imgres
Like how I kept it on topic :D.

EDIT: How do you get the picture up instead of a stupid link?

Like this - Shrek
gayhug.jpg

Attachments

• gay hug.jpg
    gay hug.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Loving listening to the journey, you could have spun it two ways, and you chose to make it sound like a huge amount of fun! Good luck guys.

Dim, we've left Golds, no shirt sorry

Kelly, because its the Mecca lol. Trust me, the equipment is shit, lots of nice machines though, hammer,nautilus,cyber and heaps of other crap. The KB's are chained up, I shit you not, at the Mecca lol.

I have always had the 5 year theory, I'll expand later, but I doubt any pro did his first 5 years at Golds.

Were in Idaho Falls, Idaho.

I cant explain how beautiful it is here. Snake River, which I'm told is the longest white water river in the States, runs 50 feet behind our motel, we have a balcony overlooking it.

The Hilton Gardens in Idaho Falls is identical to St George, they also have a business centre, where I'm posting from.

Yellow Stone National park is 45 minutes away, I'm told its a must see.

Linda who is organizing the comp recognized us (lol) as powerlifters. Very friendly and impressed we came all the way from Australia. We are the only ones. She has organized a flag, how sweet.

Max is still struggling with jet lag. He cant eat breakfast, so I eat both and he slept 80% of the way from St George to Idaho Falls, around 7 hours.

He cant understand how I just keep eating, get by with little sleep, never get sick, he has a theory where he thinks I may just be a Great White lol

We ate breakfast in St George at a place called Carl Jr. Oh my god, if these had been around earlier, we never would have heard of McDonalds. We both got a double star burger, I ate mine and most of Max's, hand cut chips with skin on and those massive jugs of diet coke, Max had Sprite. I finished all mine, then refilled for the road, Max accidently splashed some Ice tea in his lemonade, not bad.

We have been listening to hip hop for around 20 hours now, all old stuff, my skin is nearly black now, I didnt know they even had this many songs. I even walk a little different, a lil sumfin lyk dis.

Most in Utah have not seen this many tattoos since they ran Denis Rodman out of town, I get some sneaky curious looks.

We had lunch at Famous Daves. I told them we have an Infamous Dave back home,but its a long story. Theyre famous for their ribs, ours for his perculiar odour.

Max and I had the briskit, 24 hour cooked beef over hickory, with chips, coleslaw, corn and a cake, all on the same plate, odd.Max ate it all. His internal clock is still f u c k e d up. Breakfast here is 2.00am back home, he's normally sleeping, I'm still eating biscuits, ice cream, peanut butter sandwiches.

He's fine after breakfast. We got here at 10.00am Melbourne time, Max said he's normally sleeping in class at that time, thats why he's tired.

Its 6.50pm here, brilliant sunshine, 25 celcius, the weather couldnt be any better.

Were here for 5 days, I already have the address for a quilting shop. I bet you I'm the first shaved head/pierced/tattooed client they'll ever have, the things you do for a woman.

Here is something some of you may find interesting. Speaking to Will Harris, he told me he took 2 years off to buy a house. He bought a nice big place in Marina Del Rey, the nicest area down here by the beach, posh, too expensive for us to stay there, around $400 a night.

Get this, the house cost him $500,000. You cant buy a house in my estate for that.

On the road from St George, where Max and I both agree we could live there, houses cost $119,000 to buy. Thats not a mistake, new homes, the most sensational scenery and mountains surround the area.

St George by the way, is the second fastest growing city in the US, behind Las Vegas.

I saw propertyfor sale on the road from St George to Salt Lake City for $500 an acre, no misprint.

Homes nearer to SLC were $170,000, its amazing, new homes around 45 minutes out of Salt Lake City.

Utah is one of the most beautiful states you'll see, and Idaho is shaping up to be better.

Max and I agree you could not live in Venice Beach. Its full of f u c k i n g idiots, dreamers, immigrants. If you cant speak Spanish, dont go into a store lol

More bikes in Venice than homeless people, and thats saying something, very few motor cycles, anywhere. No helmets in Utah and Nevada still.

The comp is being held here at the Hotel, so thats going to be great, Max can relax and try and get his mojo back.

No Dr Evil jokes Summer, we look nothing alike mmwwhhhaaaahahaha

Nina, let the kids read this as Max doest post up enough info on Maxbook

Oh, girls, I had a Hershey bar, average, do you want chocolates ??????

Another funny thing. The shaving cream we bought is 100% menthol. Max said his was on fire............you should have seen my head in the morning after shaving, I looked like the Human Torch.

Maybe I used the tooth paste to shave, f u c k i n g Mexicans in stores.

If you guys want specific info, just ask, I'm here for 5 days, unless a bear eats us.

I dont think they like Great Whites lol

We ate breakfast in St George at a place called Carl Jr. Oh my god, if these had been around earlier, we never would have heard of McDonalds.

****en oath

The double $6 burger, 1500 calories and 110 grams of fat. mmmmmmmmm

Screen-shot-2010-03-30-at-12_27_35-PM.png

bring some back to au