• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Malaysian plane shot down

Quite true, that is the definition of faith - faith is believing something in the absence of proof.

Your welcome to believe that snakes talk and that man walked the earth with dinosaurs if you wish but the facts speak for themselves.

Ummm.....no, man did not walk the earth with dinosaurs. Having some knowledge of the geological timescale and palaeontological evidence I can tell you that is an absurd statement.

A snake may well have talked to Eve, I dunno, I wasn't there. Perhaps the snake is an allegory? Evil certainly did befall mankind.

One does not require proof to have faith.

We are what we are, but why is that?

Having first qualified in science, I find it a useful tool and many things have "proof" but that does not necessarily constitute the truth nor provide finality to the age old question - why does anything happen and why are we here?

Sure, we know how things work and the atheist intellectuals can plaster the walls with formulae of "proof", spawning their own bizarre religion that never really provides the answer to anything.

Science isn't a religion.

Religion is a belief despite what evidence tells us.

Scientific theories are always evolving with current information and have given plenty of answers.

Religion is fairy tails for adults.

Science isn't a religion.

Religion is a belief despite what evidence tells us.

Scientific theories are always evolving with current information and have given plenty of answers.

Religion is fairy tails for adults.

I can't see air but I know its all around us, I can't see your brain but I know you have one. Why would ones faith be based any differantly?

My faith is based on what I've read in the bible and the evidence I've seen/witnessed because of it.

I can't see air but I know its all around us, I can't see your brain but I know you have one. Why would ones faith be based any differantly?

My faith is based on what I've read in the bible and the evidence I've seen/witnessed because of it.

Totally different. We know there is air. We know what's in it. We can do many different test that confirm air is present. Can't say any of that for religion.

You sort of take it on faith that your wife and family loves you has faith in you, there is no science to it.
through actions the faith is nurtured either way, I think if you read the bible and other spirituals writings, with that frame of mind it helps you live a happier life.

the accuracy of Jesus's life on this planet is controversial, the general message isn't.

You being alive is reason enough that theres a bloke up stairs.

No it's not. There are better explanations that make more sense and have the ability to be tested than just saying some magical being with no evidence that they even exist created us.

You sort of take it on faith that your wife and family loves you has faith in you, there is no science to it.
through actions the faith is nurtured either way, I think if you read the bible and other spirituals writings, with that frame of mind it helps you live a happier life.

the accuracy of Jesus's life on this planet is controversial, the general message isn't.
Again not the same. At least you can see it. You assume your family loves you due to their actions that you can physically see and experience. It's not even close to believing in something with zero proof and zero reason it should exist.

The message is often controversial and not that happy anyway. I sat through plenty of the crap at school.

No it's not. There are better explanations that make more sense and have the ability to be tested than just saying some magical being with no evidence that they even exist created us.
Care to give a few of those explanations? Just don't say we came from monkeys.

Explanations of what. I'm not going to go the through the current theories from the very first moment of the universe to today. Lol.

We didn't come from the monkeys anyway. We evolved from a common ancestor.

Explanations of what. I'm not going to go the through the current theories from the very first moment of the universe to today. Lol.

We didn't come from the monkeys anyway. We evolved from a common ancestor.
Lol not asking for all of them, you say there are better explanations that can be tested, I'm guessing your talking about life and creation?

555927d1405801266-pictures-bodies-malaysian-flight-777-crash-site-bodies-mh17-crash006.jpg

FTW?

Well, generally it is the person making the claim that should provide the evidence and it is you who is making the claim about the existence of god. Therefore it is you who needs to back up the claim. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of god and having faith does not make it real. You're claims have as much weight as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The principles of evolution are well established. If you're not capable of looking this up and reading it then I can't help you. In the case of human evolution there are excellent fossil records and if you were in Europe you could go and see them in person. There is strong evidence of Evolution.

FTW?

Well, generally it is the person making the claim that should provide the evidence and it is you who is making the claim about the existence of god. Therefore it is you who needs to back up the claim. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of god and having faith does not make it real. You're claims have as much weight as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The principles of evolution are well established. If you're not capable of looking this up and reading it then I can't help you. In the case of human evolution there are excellent fossil records and if you were in Europe you could go and see them in person. There is strong evidence of Evolution.

I know that this is continuing off topic but let's address a couple of things first.
There are two main forms of science. Operational science which is based upon conclusions from repeated experimentation and historical science which is based upon analysis of evidence and then applying a series of assumptions to determine the historical account. The problem with all historical sciences is that conclusions cannot be repeated in an experiment as whatever is in question has already happened sometime in the past.

Here is one of the core issues with evolution. There is no known genetic process that adds new information to the genetic code that would be required to create new functions in any organism.

From a geological perspective we are also told that coal takes millions of years to develop yet in a lab with the right conditions ( ridiculous pressure) you can make brown coal in about a week and black coal within a month. This has implications for potential age of items found within coal deposits.

Just three items to think about there.