• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah but the liver produces sufficient glycogen on a LCHF diet (even for athletes) that you don't need carbohydrates. Watch the Catalyst episode in the OP the tackle this issue.

In terms of your personal experience not feeling strong on LCHF, it's probably because you haven't given yourself long enough to become fat adapted.

yeah maybe i dont have much xp. will try when cutting

Post workout bullet proof coffees helped me enter ketosis and boosted my energy levels, particularly in the early days of fat adaption.

Would have thought using it as a pre workout would have had more benefits, no point having an energy booster after the work is done, that would be the time to have protein to start the rebuilding process if anything.

It depends if you want to control insulin. Having a high fat meal after a workout or any time in general will suppress insulin and promote fat burning. The only problem is that you want to spike insulin to tell your body to stop burning fat and to start storing what you're giving it. So post workout you want your body to grab all the protein and carbs in your post workout meal and store it in your muscles.

It's depends on your goals. If want to build muscle, induce an insulin response by consuming carbs. If you want to purely burn off fat, go low carb.

The other advantage of spiking insulin is that it suppresses cortisol. Cortisol is a stress hormone that breaks down your body and makes it catabolic.

Would have thought using it as a pre workout would have had more benefits, no point having an energy booster after the work is done, that would be the time to have protein to start the rebuilding process if anything.

One of the Alan Aragon RR, had a study that showed MCT oils actually hindered performance. Can't remember the specifics of the top of my head sorry.

Some people use it as a pre-workout

For me it's more about fat consumption than it is about the caffeine from the coffee but it does serve as a nice way to soften the blow of an energy crash once my pre-workout supps wear off.

Giving myself a fat only "meal" post workout (keep in mind 99% of my workouts occur in the morning) means my body has no choice but to release ketones for energy, it keep me in a constant state of ketosis even if I eat carbs later in the day.

Yeah I worked that out eventually. Not enough carbs.

Everyone is different and reacts to foods/food groups differently - what works for someone may not work for another - some people love high fat/high protein dieting some can't stand it.

Everyone is different and reacts to foods/food groups differently - what works for someone may not work for another - some people love high fat/high protein dieting some can't stand it.

Your the one that keeps saying people should eat keto/low carb.

Your the one that keeps saying people should eat keto/low carb.

No not at all - I said I feel personally its the best way to eat for myself and I will always suggest people try it over different "methods" - but at the end of the day it is how you react to foods that will determine how you end of structuring your diet....

each person also interprets the information differently, they "think" they are doing it properly but may infact not be.

blind to our own mistakes we are.

each person also interprets the information differently, they "think" they are doing it properly but may infact not be.

blind to our own mistakes we are.

Yeah right. Or low carb doesn't work for everyone, especially people who are fairly active.

What are your views on Carbs? [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];

Deja Vu!

:D