• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Anyone who appreciates science and examines the evidance soon relizes that human metabolism must obey the law of conservation of energy as does everything else.

The other school argues that certain foods or combinations namely the elimination of carbs and the replacement of fats and protiens have special qualitires, calories arent a critical factor in this equation.

If you can find 100 people on the same diet, with the same activity level that get the same results I would love to see this.

If science is so important then you would understand the human body isn't as straight forward as you believe.....

If you can find 100 people on the same diet, with the same activity level that get the same results I would love to see this.

If science is so important then you would understand the human body isn't as straight forward as you believe.....

Basically diets should be the same, the amount or the number of calories will be different, I'm out you're too confusing, or I am who cares, you go around in circles.

Again no they are not. They are very different as energy sources.

People in general are not that different. It's more how they live their lives that make them different, activity levels ect.

If what I'm doing is so terrible for active people can you explain why an increasing number of athletes are using low carb diets? Just today the Melbourne Football Club announced it would be their diet advice issued to players in pre-season. Half the Australian cricket team, Le Bron James and Gary Ablett are all converts to the methods and science behind the catalyst episode in the OP.

So despite some of the highest paid athletes in the world finding success with LCHF you're still adamant it's detrimental to performance?

from what i understand very basically, and please feel free to correct me;
your blood carries about 3 minutes worth of Glucose but the brain needs a continuous supply.
The liver works constantly to keep up with the demand?
The liver can store around 12 hours of glucose, the main reason one should eat breakfast and include Carb's.
After an overnight fast the liver is deficient in stored glucose to parcel out for your brain, breakfast and a mid-morning snack does the trick.
The outcome is the feeling weak and or dizzy condition.
Hence my Carb's for building comment.

There's is absolutely no scientific evidence that supports the need for a carb heavy breakfast.

If what I'm doing is so terrible for active people can you explain why an increasing number of athletes are using low carb diets? Just today the Melbourne Football Club announced it would be their diet advice issued to players in pre-season. Half the Australian cricket team, Le Bron James and Gary Ablett are all converts to the methods and science behind the catalyst episode in the OP.

So despite some of the highest paid athletes in the world finding success with LCHF you're still adamant it's detrimental to performance?

First it depends on what people's definition of low carb is. I highly doubt they are in ketosis.

Second, Le Bron James could just eat twisties all day and still be awesome.

Melbourne. Lol. Ok maybe they should look at what the top teams are doing instead of worrying about fad diets.

You haven't shown anything there. Just a couple of shitty anecdotes.

It's no shock that high fat diets are being picked up by more people/more athletes - as I have mentioned if done right then fat can be used as a much better long term energy source - I don't believe they would do a true true keto diet - as I believe for an athlete sometimes some fast acting carbs are needed - but yes it is def becoming more popular as people learn about and see the benefits of getting most of your fuel from fat and protein.

As showdownhero mentioned the whole eating carbs at breakfast to get blood sugar levels up etc has been debunked as bro science already - ay I am huge into bro science but I think people underestimated glycogen storage - you need to do alot more than sleep for 12 hours to truly deplete it.

It's no shock that high fat diets are being picked up by more people/more athletes - as I have mentioned if done right then fat can be used as a much better long term energy source - I don't believe they would do a true true keto diet - as I believe for an athlete sometimes some fast acting carbs are needed - but yes it is def becoming more popular as people learn about and see the benefits of getting most of your fuel from fat and protein.

As showdownhero mentioned the whole eating carbs at breakfast to get blood sugar levels up etc has been debunked as bro science already - ay I am huge into bro science but I think people underestimated glycogen storage - you need to do alot more than sleep for 12 hours to truly deplete it.

Diets can still be high fat and not low carb. I have nothing against higher fat diets. Most athletes would have high calorie intakes and due to that would be eating diets higher in carbs and fat.

the usa olympic gymnastics team also used keto for the 2 weeks leading into the last oly...

yeah, they don't know wtf they doing. but you do bazza! LOL

the usa olympic gymnastics team also used keto for the 2 weeks leading into the last oly...

yeah, but Gymnasts aren't really competing for long periods are they and their strength to weight ratio is more important than duration of performance.

So should we agree just eat however it suits you and what works best for the individual - as not everyone is made the same.

You going to quote Mike dolce shit again. Even joe rogan a fellow luny was struggling to buy into all his bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though Dolce is a bit of a looney and I don't follow him that closely, he has helped a lot of fighters who have struggled in the past to either keep weight down or make weight for their fights. no whether this is because of his methods or it is just that the fighters are now following a more structured diet instead of eating everything in site after their training sessions, we do not know....

Even though Dolce is a bit of a looney and I don't follow him that closely, he has helped a lot of fighters who have struggled in the past to either keep weight down or make weight for their fights. no whether this is because of his methods or it is just that the fighters are now following a more structured diet instead of eating everything in site after their training sessions, we do not know....

Structured diet will always help. Ronda Rousey said she used to binge on ice cream and lollies I think it was then starve herself leading up to a fight. Won't take much to be better than that. When you watch TUF, fighters generally have terrible dietary habits.

On the podcast dolce was asked about how he gets fighters to lose weight before weigh in and he couldn't even give an answer. He said he didn't restrict his athletes food intake at all. Lol. Joe rogan kept quizzing him on that but he just stuttered his way through it without giving an answer.

Doesn't surprise me, I tried listening to a couple of Dolce podcasts and they were just painful advertising of his ebooks or whatever he was selling with very little content in them, only thing he kept crapping on about was his breakfast bowl or some crap. I just find it a little surprising with all the training these MMA fighters are doing that they can be so outta shape, with a basic diet and no going nuts on food most should be in fairly decent shape.

What is their definition of a low carb diet though? The average person would be eating 70% of their macros from carbs. So even dropping that to 50% would be considered low carb.

Most people who actually pay attention to their diet and train would be eating 50% or less already. Personally I eat around 30%. I don't consider myself as eating low carbs, but the average 'TV nutritionist' would. It's almost like everyone is arguing to make the same point.

It would definitely help if we knew what 'low carb' referred to.

Last edited:
What is their definition of a low carb diet though? The average person would be eating 70% of their macros from carbs. So even dropping that to 50% would be considered low carb.

Most people who actually pay attention to their diet and train would be eating 50% of less already. Personally I eat around 30%. I don't consider myself as eating low carbs, but the average 'TV nutritionist' would. It's almost like everyone is arguing to make the same point.

It would definitely help if we knew what 'low carb' referred to.

this is the key question, good for you :cool: