• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low Calorie Pasta

I typically add them last.

Meat (brown)
then veggies
then sauce
then noodles
turn down heat and simmer with a lid.

Flavour seems to go through everything best that way.

do not waste money on Slim Pasta. disgusting stuff.

also, if you have a fructose/fructan intolerance ... it's BAD news

tried it on the weekend and :mad::(

still have tummy rumbles dammit.

do not waste money on Slim Pasta. disgusting stuff.

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then :p

seriously though, it pains me to spend $3+ for that stuff when you can buy the konyakku knots for as little as $1/pack when they're on special from the chinese grocery store...

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then :p

seriously though, it pains me to spend $3+ for that stuff when you can buy the konyakku knots for as little as $1/pack when they're on special from the chinese grocery store...

for me, it's a moot point. there was only one way for me to find out if konjac contained fructans. i'd say I'm 99.99999% confident it does :(
on my no go list.

but also, it may sub ok for some asian noodles, but it is no substitute for pasta. :eek::cool:

Saw this in the supermarket the other day. Tried it tonight with Bolognese. It was pretty good, obviously not as good as normal spaghetti but still ok.

If I could find it somewhere a bit cheaper would have it more often.

i had changs and was not really impressed but if i was on a low carb diet then i'd put it on my grocery list to have once a week or so

i had changs and was not really impressed but if i was on a low carb diet then i'd put it on my grocery list to have once a week or so

They are really just a substitute item, the oacket stinks when you open it, but on a low Carb diet you crave the variety these can bring.

They are really just a substitute item, the oacket stinks when you open it, but on a low Carb diet you crave the variety these can bring.

It stinks alright, like a bastard, but my wife loves them, I like them.

Don't forget these can be useful for adding fiber to the diet for those on super low carbs.

They've been hit and miss for me. Worked well as a stirfry item (Chang's are better), cooked up with almond butter, sesame oil (might add sesame seeds next time), assorted veg and meat.

But if you don't have a super low calorie or carb intake, I wouldn't bother!

I could only find slim pasta.

I'm not on low carb or low calorie but good for a change up one in a while I recon.

The calorie difference compared to normal pasta allowed me to have over a kg of fruit after dinner.

I recently tried both brands recently, I prefer the slim pasta.

I'll normally have a packet on one of my rest days when I eat a lower amount of calories. Add in some chicken thigh strips and some low-cal butter chicken stir-through and it makes for a quick and decent meal.

Its a must to dry fry these, then add to the sauce/stir fry, then they soak up again, but with all the juice.

Shit sub for pasta, Great for soups and stir fry. Make a real good pad Thai with them too.

Nothing beats real pasta, ive tried. You just cant substitute some things.

Had slim pasta with bolognese again tonight. Did it half and half with normal pasta.

Worked pretty well. You end up with a decent amount of normal pasta taste and then the slim pasta bulks it out. Good thing about it is its very filling. Feel like you have swallowed a watermelon after eating a packet of the stuff.

I had slim pasta tonight, 2 servings at a wopping 28calories with my bog sauce, the "pasta" is pretty well tasteless so as long as you have a good sauce then happy days, will def start eating this on the regular