• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lifting platform

Buy a plywood board maybe 8ply thick (19mmish) and standard measurement is 2.4x2.4mm, Trim that one edge to make a 2.4mx1.4m.

Then buy the rubber matting, spray on adhesive / liquid nails / anything it to the ply and should fit perfect, otherwise trim the rubber matting.

Now turn the ply over so you have the rubber on the floor to protect the floorboards and that will also reduce shock, while you have the solid ply on top to work on.

Shouldn't cost very much at all really. Solid to work on, shock absorbing and will protect the floor

Not sure how much rubber mats cost, but if they are expensive, sus out clark rubber they sell some nice stuff and can get it cut to size. Shouldn't cost more that $100 for the ply, adhesive and rubber

Update - Just noticed ply comes in 2.4mx1.2m which if you like means no cutting of boards :)

Last edited:
Hi big mick, sorry if I seem lazy but I did look through the links, I actually got inspired a while ago after seeing yours and sticky's platform but didn't need a platform however after moving houses I needed a way to protect the floors and then went to look for your thread, however due to my lacking of handy skills I just want to make sure I can make it right the first time