• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Leg Press machine for home use but needs to be heavy duty

Gettingbigger

G`day all

I`m looking at the following piece of equipment -

Southern Workout Store - Healthstream STE7006 Leg Press - Fitness Equipment, Gym Equipment, Exercise Equipment Adelaide, Exercise Bike Adelaide, Workout Equipment, Home Fitness, Fitness Supermarket Adelaide, Weight Lifting Equipment Adelaide

It`s essentially looks and seems to act the same as the cybex or technogym true motion leg/squat press that works on levers rather than the traditional 45 degree sleds.

Just after any info if people have used one or even of the brand - Healthstream Stirling plate loaded machines?

Thoughts?

Got around 2k to spend delivered to ADL.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried it?

I've worked on one, it feels good, you don't need much weight on to get a good effect.

How good are these things.... I have used some before and found that the 45 degree sled hits me harder at less weight.

I am also looking for a leg press to finish my set up...

Cheers all.

I`ve not tried this particular model but I have used a cybex and technogym one that work on the same plane of motion.

I was wondering if you could do calf work or not on them though?

I`m nearly at the point of purchase, just weighing up the pros and cons as 2k is a fair amount of money to drop on a single use machine.

That`s the down side of home gyms! I`ve spent enough already on it to last about 10 years of membership for the wife and I at regular gyms lol!

Hey that unit looks the goods....can anyone rate what it is like??

The last time i used a leverage type unit it hit the hamstrings all weird and just did not feel right compared to the traditional 45 degree sled type.

Slightly cheaper option : Leg Press Commercial Plate Loaded | LG09 | Cyberfit Gym Equipment

(and i'd love somebody to try one out before i get to that point :)

Nice find. I've been doing a fair bit of research of all these machines the last few days and they all seem to follow the same basic design.

The cost differences then seem to boil down to plate storage, brand, appearance of the machine and overall quality.

At the top end there is the cybex or technogym ones that I have seen out here, but also cost around 5k.

It will be for use in our pt studio so will get some fair use, but nothing crazy.

I played on a technogym one today and really liked it, I was also able to hit calfs on it too so I'm pleased about that.

Will update with photos etc when it arrives once ordered