• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Knee Wraps

Anyone experienced Tommy Kono knee bands?

Few of the guys at my gym have them, and they are like pieces of cut up wet suit. Hard to get on and hard to get off. One of the guys has rehbands too and he prefers the rehbands. I had my pair of rehbands since 2006 and they are still going strong. The guys at my gym had TKs for few months and they started to show some signs of abuse, especially since they are hard to take on and take off. They have lots of small little rips from fingers etc...

Rehbands have material coatings, so they are easy on and off. Also they protect the sleeves from damage. I highly recommend rehbands, just make sure you go size smaller than recommended.

I've used TKs as well. And yes they do get torn up pretty bad. Rehbands or Titan sleeves will last you much longer.

Last edited:
Few of the guys at my gym have them, and they are like pieces of cut up wet suit. Hard to get on and hard to get off. One of the guys has rehbands too and he prefers the rehbands. I had my pair of rehbands since 2006 and they are still going strong. The guys at my gym had TKs for few months and they started to show some signs of abuse, especially since they are hard to take on and take off. They have lots of small little rips from fingers etc...

Rehbands have material coatings, so they are easy on and off. Also they protect the sleeves from damage. I highly recommend rehbands, just make sure you go size smaller than recommended.

I've used TKs as well. And yes they do get torn up pretty bad. Rehbands or Titan sleeves will last you much longer.

You have to import Rehbands but you can get the Titan sleeves from Titan Australia. Contact Nick via here https://www.facebook.com/TitanEleikoOceania. He's the QLD rep for Titan now.

Thanks gents, will have a look.

Hi guys,

New to the forum here.

Anyone know where I can buy APT knee and wrist wraps locally in Aus?

I've seen online stores in Canada stock them, but none ship outside US / Canada.

Cheers

Stay tuned to this thread.

I have some news to announce once I get from Europe.

There is a guy in my gym who actually cut up an old wetsuit for use as an elbow sleeve

hey guys just got my first pair of knee wraps. thp 2m. they dont seem to be long enough, does this just mean im not doing them tight enough? reading through the posts on this thread, it seems like i need to stretch them out?

THP's need to be fully stretched the first time you get them out of the pack, then rolled on your legs tight.

2m is to short unless you lift in IPF.

thanks for the quick reply. dont know i can be bothered sending these back for 2.5m

is there any special way to stretch these out?

stand on them with one foot, stretch them and roll up with your fingers keeping them stretched