• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Knee Sleeves

best thing for sore knees TTT is horse liniment you can get it from the Chemist warehouse great for all muscles ..well nearly all lol

best thing for sore knees TTT is horse liniment you can get it from the Chemist warehouse great for all muscles ..well nearly all lol

Take a nurofen it will do more than that horse cream. Lol.

Have a look at the active ingredients for rapid gel. It's almost the same as Vicks vaporub. Lol but because it's for horses people think its some wonder cure.

This thread is almost 3 years old mate..

TK sleeves I bought and used I didn't like.

horse cream or any other type of cream is not going to do shit for bone/cartilage/general sandy vag-ness issues I have.

Methyl salicylate/diclofenac/other topical NSAIDs will, and wont give you the gastric ulceration issues that oral ibuprofen long-term will. And the point of menthol creams is to overload the nerve carrying the pain signals with burning instead, so you don't feel the pain. It does have a physiological basis.

Methyl salicylate/diclofenac/other topical NSAIDs will, and wont give you the gastric ulceration issues that oral ibuprofen long-term will. And the point of menthol creams is to overload the nerve carrying the pain signals with burning instead, so you don't feel the pain. It does have a physiological basis.

The rapid gel cream mentioned doesn't really burn at all. Deep heat or if you want another animal one udder mint would work better. Point being is that people think it is a special treatment, better than what is already out there.

The stomach issues with NSAIDs is it caused locally by tablet in the gut or is it an overall side effect by the way the tablet works? If that makes sense? Never sure how it causes it,

Last edited:
Half and half. The NSAIDs have a greater effect on the area that you take them, so when you take it orally a lot of the effect goes into the stomach. Technically it could still happen with IV NSAIDs, but those are pretty rarely used and never in the long term.

I've got no idea about the different menthol creams, I've only used a deep heat menthol/salicylate one which was on special at Coles.

Half and half. The NSAIDs have a greater effect on the area that you take them, so when you take it orally a lot of the effect goes into the stomach. Technically it could still happen with IV NSAIDs, but those are pretty rarely used and never in the long term.

I've got no idea about the different menthol creams, I've only used a deep heat menthol/salicylate one which was on special at Coles.

Thanks.

So any extra issues with using topical NSAIDs while already taking them orally.

Not really. Methyl salicylate+aspirin could possibly push you into acute salicylism/acidosis.

I'd mostly be worried about the gastric ulceration/increased risk of cardiac events from the orals.

Not really. Methyl salicylate+aspirin could possibly push you into acute salicylism/acidosis.

I'd mostly be worried about the gastric ulceration/increased risk of cardiac events from the orals.

Yeah. I've been on naprosin for a few years now for pain from a footy injury that won't go away. Can't sleep from that pain without the NSAIDs so don't have much choice currently. Hoping to be able to stop them soon.

I've been hearing about SBD's. Any links to suppliers for these?

Also, I got some lifting large multi ply ones a little while ago. I don't think they are legal in comps as not elasticised but they are DAMN comfy and my recent squat numbers liked them also.

Australian supplier for SBD is citystrength.
Otherwise Anderson powerlifting if you want to import yourself.