• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ketonic Diets

So pretty sure my lack of energy and being irratable was due to lack of water. Filled up yesterday and felt like a new man last night.

Simple but often forgotten habit I need to keep up with.

Carb Nite has some pretty decent info.
Also- I HIGHLY recommend "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living". It explains how to deal with most problems that you will encounter.

From Carb Nite:
"Carb Nite ends with a warm feeling all over. Your body’s disabled ability to convert carbohydrates into fat causes the overload of carbs to be burned off as heat—this in addition to a spike in overall metabolism caused by the sudden shot of carbs. Weathering the rise in body temperature smoothly transitions to a good night’s sleep."

"The boost in fat burning and jolt of carbs ignites metabolism on Carb Nite.
Accompanying the excess combustion, an elevated body temperature might be a bit of a surprise. Concern is unwarranted: because of the increase in metabolism, a lot of the food is wasted as heat. This can make things a little warmer than normal at bedtime. Maybe you’ll want to sleep with the covers off."