• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ketonic Diets

Mariko78

Banned
This a high fat diet, with a moderate protein and a very low carbohydrate intake. A typical ketogenic meal includes a small amount of protein, a source of natural fats (for example, butter, cream sauce, olive oil, or coconut oil) and some green leafy vegetables.

If somebody have result with this type of diet please share with us!

Hey mate there has been a heap of chat about it in the nutrition section lately - have a look.

I like this form of dieting - will always have high fat/high protein/low carb though.

A little advice- get most of your fats from real food. Eggs, red meat, seafood, poultry.

nuts, avacado, butter, cream sauce, olive oil, or coconut oil are all well and good but if these make up the bulk of your calories you'll be starving. I posted up a load of recipes in the recipe section also.

I perform far better on a ketogenic diet. I carb up once a week and find it has me looking pretty cartoon like for half the week

A little advice- get most of your fats from real food. Eggs, red meat, seafood, poultry.

nuts, avacado, butter, cream sauce, olive oil, or coconut oil are all well and good but if these make up the bulk of your calories you'll be starving. I posted up a load of recipes in the recipe section also.

I perform far better on a ketogenic diet. I carb up once a week and find it has me looking pretty cartoon like for half the week

Cartoon like? Lol.

It is keto that caused the cartoon like bloated head?

When will peeps understand, theres two things people like about this forum:

1 Information.
2. Laughs.

Baz, Poni and BM (Big Mick) going toe to toe is what pulls the punters, these food fights are piss funny!

Where is BM [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];

I read somewhere that a good source of protein and fats are chicken wings. But not ones recently from NSW

I'm finding lately in the late afternoon I'm drained and really edgy, as in little patience. Just feel fatigued and I sit on my arse all day for a job. It's been over a month and I'm still waiting for this energy that I keep hearing about. The scales have pretty much stopped and I'm eating around 2500 cals a day @ 102kg.

i have done 5 training sessions in 4 days on keto, i havn't experienced the energy drop, 2500 is pretty low for 102kg, try upping the calories and see what happens.

I'm finding lately in the late afternoon I'm drained and really edgy, as in little patience. Just feel fatigued and I sit on my arse all day for a job. It's been over a month and I'm still waiting for this energy that I keep hearing about. The scales have pretty much stopped and I'm eating around 2500 cals a day @ 102kg.

What's your sodium intake like?
Do you wave your calories?

I will when you stop calling a fad a fade.

Your just boring and you offer no advice to anyone - all you do is float around with your know it all attitude and pick at things....fuck you must live a boring life....maybe spend some more time thinking about training and diet?

Your just boring and you offer no advice to anyone - all you do is float around with your know it all attitude and pick at things....fuck you must live a boring life....maybe spend some more time thinking about training and diet?

Thanks for the tips.

What's your sodium intake like?
Do you wave your calories?

MFP had me at 3430 yesterday. I'm consistent with the diet right throughout the week.
I also have a very sedentry job and a normal diet at 2500 was helping me gain weight at 40/40/20. With this I had an initial drop in weight but hasnt budged for a couple of weeks. Previosuly I have had to drop to nearly 2000cals to drop any weight but felt like crap.

I hold onto fat very well unfortunately.

I did keto once. Wasn't a fan. Was too lethargic so relied on stims too much.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.