• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
are we counting bad form? damn, I'll keep going then. I usually stop when the glutes die :(

Guys, don't use your back too much when doing the swings, it's really not a good idea for your back.

but whoaaaaa, 170 with the 32kg!

Got 170 in 6min on the 32kg. No vid. I'll get one next time. I don't have kettlebells tho, I use one of these
t-handle2.jpg

Terrible form tho. I got all to parallel but the glutes were gone by about 70, after that it was all back. Best back pump I've had in ages tho :p

Great effort mate.
I have been meaning to make a Bunnings spec t bar handle for ages now, are the handles just plain water pipe?

are we counting bad form? damn, I'll keep going then. I usually stop when the glutes die :(

Guys, don't use your back too much when doing the swings, it's really not a good idea for your back.

but whoaaaaa, 170 with the 32kg!

Swinging to shoulder height is counted :) And agree with you re the lower back.

Prison Mike: awesome stuff! Did you have a break at all?

LOL I've been meaning to have another crack at the 24kg for 9mins but chocolate school is wiping me out so focussing on getting at least my main training done.

will be feb for swingfest for me :p

probably need it after inhaling all the choc fumes

Had a crack at this the other day, managed 280 with 16kg in 12min, Mrs used 12kg and scored 300. Main issue I had was the bell slipping. Will have a go with 24 and 32 over the coming weeks.

Had a crack at this the other day, managed 280 with 16kg in 12min, Mrs used 12kg and scored 300. Main issue I had was the bell slipping. Will have a go with 24 and 32 over the coming weeks.

i use chalk when doing this or my hands sweat and the KB slips

just hang on tighter. :p
haha.
my hands were bleeding last time. im going to do one of them again on saturday after squats.

Righto, finally got around to giving the 9min challenge a crack, scored 223 with the 24kg. Next up, 6min and 32kgs

if my body feels at all up to it at the end of the week ill be doing the 24kg challenge. didnt video my last effort. :(
but i could best that with the heavier 32kg no doubt...so ill do it again with the camera for counting.

150...pfft. weak lol

good stuff mate! Mrs can OHS too! Great form.

I just realised you and Mideon are tied in the 16kg challenge. No pressure or anything :p

I think I'm going to have to have another guy at the 32kg post strongman comp on Sunday.

^ in that case I'll have to give it another crack ;)

Yeah, Mrs goes alright, she has a good teacher :D

I'm hoping to get over 100 for the 32er, going to be a mission though

haha, I say the same thing about my Mrs :p

It's funny how the degree of difficulty of these challenges changes with time I reckon. I think I would seriously struggle to reach the no. I did on the 16kg challenge despite doing a fair bit of high intensity cardio stuff lately but I'm 99% sure I am going to do much better on the 32kg.