• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

July Calf Challenge

I'm 2/3 way through my 1/2 inch arm gain in 30 days, so need a new challenge.

Actually, my only goals this year were 1 inch on arms and calves, so this is perfect.

But, don't want to train calves every day, can I still be in this?
If have to do them everyday, does unweighted seated calf raises while sitting at my desk count?

I am so lazy taking shots, but I did this at the start of the year. Calves are in average condition with compared to my upper body, so really need to knuckle down. I am struggling to train at all ATM. Sleep down from 8 hrs to 6 hrs a night. Gahhh!

I might give this a go.

I have never, ever trained calves. Only time they get worked is squats.

Only have a BB so see what i can think up to train them.

Will upload pics tonight.

Hi. Been lurking these forums for a few months now. Seen this thread and thought it would be a good way to start off on this board, with my weakest link (calves) !

I'm 6foot3 @ 85kg, so quiet tall but have pins for legs ! This should be a fun challenge.

I'm an Arborist by day (work with trees), so my days are quiet labour intensive, but my legs have always been skinny. Been lifting semi-seriously for maybe 6 months, but finally have a routine and nutrition down and am gonna try hitting it as well as I can !

Weightlifting is only a second hobby to me, dirtbikes being my main hobby, plus I've just had a son. So time can be hard to come by sometimes, but I'm sure I can easily fit this in. I have all my equipment at home, so this makes it some what easier...

Anyway here's some pictures, only of my right calve, mirror the image if you want to see the left... all the same.

35.5cm tensed.

calvesrelaxed.jpg

calvestense35-5cm.jpg

My calves are killing from working them the past 2 days, hopefully I'll get some results from this challenge. :)

Welcome aboard Rich! Throwing yourself into the challenge straight off the bat!??? Respect! Yeah boi :p Well done and welcome to ausbb :)

richottr added to the list and photos added to OP.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Well this is going to be fucking embarrassing.

Kungfoogoo
Weight 77.7
Calf size - 34cm
IMG_09841.jpg

Im 99% sure the bottom photo is the after but yeah..... you can't really tell.
IMG_09821.jpg

Training for Stephen hawking calves:
First thing each morning: 20 reps on each leg of bodyweight raises.
Mon/wed/fri/sunday - 4 x 15 - 1 x F weighted calf raises Barbell
tuesday/thursday/saturday - 100 reps bodyweight calf raises over as many sets as it takes. will be doing 2 second up, 2 second hold and 2 seconds down.
Will also be walking hills here and there as well trying to 'push' off' using my calves instead of my whole leg.

Well this is going to be fucking embarrassing.

Kungfoogoo
Weight 77.7
Calf size - 34cm
IMG_09841.jpg

Im 99% sure the bottom photo is the after but yeah..... you can't really tell.
IMG_09821.jpg

Training for Stephen hawking calves:
First thing each morning: 20 reps on each leg of bodyweight raises.
Mon/wed/fri/sunday - 4 x 15 - 1 x F weighted calf raises Barbell
tuesday/thursday/saturday - 100 reps bodyweight calf raises over as many sets as it takes. will be doing 2 second up, 2 second hold and 2 seconds down.
Will also be walking hills here and there as well trying to 'push' off' using my calves instead of my whole leg.

Yo Stephen... Didn't feel like tensing/striking your calves for the second pic?

Only kidding and having a go bud - good luck with the challenge :-D

Yo Stephen... Didn't feel like tensing/striking your calves for the second pic?

Only kidding and having a go bud - good luck with the challenge :-D
hahaha, l knew there would be at least one hero on here. Did make me 'chuckle' though, well done sir.

hahaha, l knew there would be at least one hero on here. Did make me 'chuckle' though, well done sir.

I aim to please KFG, and know that you have enough common sense to be able to laugh at yourself. I can appreciate the fact that I am slightly taller than a circus midget.

I aim to please KFG, and know that you have enough common sense to be able to laugh at yourself. I can appreciate the fact that I am slightly taller than a circus midget.
Yeah, l dont take anything to seriously... l am hoping to be able to identify which photo is tensed and which one isnt after this comp though...

And l look like an albino form of mclovin with down syndrome. The quicker you can identify these things with yourself and learn to laugh at them / embrace it the better off it is.

I'll play.

Weight: 104kg
Calf size: 41cm

Resting.
3856255c.jpg

Flexed.
5bcdc841.jpg

Left calf is 1cm smaller due to a slight axe in the foot which put me out for five weeks.