• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
its due to under extreme effort, the heart releases teh same stamens as during a heart attack, and hence hardens the muscles of the heart.

its not good to do marathons, the general consensus is over 3hrs activity, but tbh, my consensus is, if your pushing way way beyond your means.

not just beyond, way way beyond. elite turn off this signal.

so all people who excercise can do this over time, hence "read your body"

Now let's just clear this up. If the form is horrendous, wouldn't you expect the injury rate to be higher than it is?

Jesus Christ, shut up .
Learn to understand the difference between posting for jokes and being serious
IE stop being so goddamn autistic

What are you even talking about, "wouldn't you expect the injury rate to be higher than it is"?
Do you even know the injury rate to qualify that statement?
No?
Then shut the fuck up

Even Bazza is posting better than you currently
And C_T is a better poster
you're the worst poster on AusBB

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ, shut up
Learn to understand the difference between posting for jokes and being serious
IE stop being so goddamn autistic

What are you even talking about, "wouldn't you expect the injury rate to be higher than it is"?
No?
Then shut the fuck up

Even Bazza is posting better than you currently
And C_T is a better poster
you're the worst poster on AusBB

lololololololololololololol :)

Was 60% of your 1rm power reverse curl also a joke, cause it looked like a joke :)

Just look at the first post I made and the pages and pages of serious replies
Holy fucking shit

No?
Then shut the fuck up

Well if it is horrendous form as you seem so keen to make out that it is, wouldn't the injury rate be higher??

Current injury rate is set at 3.1 per 1000hrs, on par with powerlifting

clip of 100kg power reverse curl isn't loading...

Well if it is horrendous form as you seem so keen to make out that it is, wouldn't the injury rate be higher??

Current injury rate is set at 3.1 per 1000hrs, on par with powerlifting

clip of 100kg power reverse curl isn't loading...

3.1 per 1000 hours? pretty sure you just made that up, jackass
I know because I've read the full paper of the study you're referring to and it had nothing to do with strongman it was crossfit, weightlifting and powerlifting

3.1 per 1000 hours? pretty sure you just made that up, jackass
I know because I've read the full paper of the study you're referring to and it had nothing to do with strongman it was crossfit, weightlifting and powerlifting

Then you fail at reading. Twice

"Claiming to be the first statistics on CrossFit injuries published in a scientific literature, the researchers estimated the risk of injury to be 3.1 injuries per 1,000 CrossFit hours trained.

“Overall rate of injuries sustained during training are broadly similar to that reported in the literature for sports including weightlifting, powerlifting and gymnastics, and lower than that reported in competitive contact sports such as Rugby League and Rugby Union,” stated the researchers in an article in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research titled The nature and prevalence of injury during CrossFit training."

That says exactly what I was saying
That the 3.1 hours per 1000 has nothing to do with strongman and was about crossfit, powerlifting and weightlifting

"I've read the full paper of the study you're referring to and it had nothing to do with strongman it was crossfit, weightlifting and powerlifting"
"
Overall rate of injuries sustained during training are broadly similar to that reported in the literature for sports including weightlifting, powerlifting and gymnastics"

Now I know you're try and make out like you were talking about the strongman injury rate (clearly you weren't) but here it is anyway for you princess.

"Eighty-two percent of Strongman athletes reported injuries, which broke down to 1.6 training injuries per lifter/year, 0.7 competition injuries per lifter/year, with about 5.5 training injuries per 1,000-hours of training. Just about everyone is getting injured 1-2x every year. That’s unacceptable, and if you own a training facility or do your own programming, you need to pump the breaks and look into some ways at reducing that injury level, or you’ll be out of business and/or injured.

Although 54% of strongman injuries resulted from traditional weight training (mostly powerlifting movements), they were 1.9 times more likely to sustain injury when performing strongman implement training when exposure to type of training was factored in."

So now we can shut the fuck up and how dangerous Crossfit is, and how bad their form is. A kip isn't bad form, the sooner you can get that into your thick head the sooner we can stop having these bullshit conversations...

That says exactly what I was saying
That the 3.1 hours per 1000 has nothing to do with strongman and was about crossfit, powerlifting and weightlifting

"I've read the full paper of the study you're referring to and it had nothing to do with strongman it was crossfit, weightlifting and powerlifting"
"
Overall rate of injuries sustained during training are broadly similar to that reported in the literature for sports including weightlifting, powerlifting and gymnastics"

It was in response to this

Exercises done for time with horrendous form? Sounds like crossfit to me Bazza

Which had nothing to do with strongman